Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Agree with Joel and others Douhie needs to try fullback again he has the big body and would allow us to go after Dylan brown at 6 

1. Douhie

6. D Brown

7. Brooks

9. Api 

13. Hastings 

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Agree with Joel and others Douhie needs to try fullback again he has the big body and would allow us to go after Dylan brown at 6 

1. Douhie

6. D Brown

7. Brooks

9. Api 

13. Hastings 

Agree with this, and if we failed to get Brown then we could play Daine at 6. If the rumours are true on Charlie Staines, I don't think Daine will see much more of fullback.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

1. Douhie

6. D Brown

7. Brooks

9. Api 

13. Hastings 

I don't want to see AD play fullback ever again.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @garry

1. Douhie

6. D Brown

7. Brooks

9. Api 

13. Hastings 

Same here, the last couple of times I saw AD play fullback, he lacked the positional awareness and mobility for that position, or maybe he just didn’t have the motor.  Fullbacks need to be like the energiser bunny and cover a lot of ground quickly. AD’s style now is more of a power game.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

1. Douhie

6. D Brown

7. Brooks

9. Api 

13. Hastings 

Agreed. I can see the shortcomings in Lauries game but I dont know if people remember how fragile we used to be under the high ball with either mbye or AD back there. Laurie has been very safe under the high ball generally speaking and this translates to much less ball turned over in bad field position.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

😀 Posted by: @tigertownsfs

@tigertownsfs agree with most of that.

Were you at the Ambush event mate?

Yeah I was. Brought the kids to see Jackson. Overall he sounded happy with the club but his clear preference was 7 over 13 so I got the vibe that if it came down to it that might be something that pushes him out. He made one comment about training at 13 in next preseason so it sounds like they will be running douhie/brooks/Hastings 3 halves in 2023. Did he give you any other private thoughts?

Mate next time come and say hello

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tigersteve

Yeah I was. Brought the kids to see Jackson. Overall he sounded happy with the club but his clear preference was 7 over 13 so I got the vibe that if it came down to it that might be something that pushes him out. He made one comment about training at 13 in next preseason so it sounds like they will be running douhie/brooks/Hastings 3 halves in 2023. Did he give you any other private thoughts?

I will do. I didn’t hang around until the end as the kids were getting hungry but it was a great event, well done

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tigertownsfs
Posted by: @tigersteve

I will do. I didn’t hang around until the end as the kids were getting hungry but it was a great event, well done

Jacko made this one pretty easy.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

1. @tigertownsfs Sorry for reply as you were obviously addressing Garry but Hastings did also joke about being slow so he might also see that the lock role could advantage him in some ways. I think it will probably come down to how well he adjusts to the role & if it brings success. If it doesn’t he might believe it’s not something he’d like to continue doing, seems a broad minded & mature character. I think he could be the best of the lock forwards currently playing this link type role, could really make a name for himself & how the game will be played moving forward. Young Justin Matamua will probably take over that role in a year or two so we’ll see how it all plays out. Hopefully he’ll extend his contract for a year or two anyway but could understand if another club guarantees him half position.
This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2022-the-mole-wests-tigers-halfback-jock-madden-to-quit-if-luke-brooks-stays/1b71ec5f-4c8a-4a1e-a2cf-39b290559cc6

madden gone

No loss - he's had a chance to show what he can do, I don't think he has it. In saying that, outside of Hastings our other halves don't have it either.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2022-the-mole-wests-tigers-halfback-jock-madden-to-quit-if-luke-brooks-stays/1b71ec5f-4c8a-4a1e-a2cf-39b290559cc6

madden gone

No loss - he's had a chance to show what he can do, I don't think he has it. In saying that, outside of Hastings our other halves don't have it either.

Taking the dollars out of it, Brooks is marginally better IMO. We have to pay Brooks anyway. No point having two of them

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

You’d think the odds of Brooks staying now that Madden is going would have to be shortening.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

madden gone

Taking the dollars out of it, Brooks is marginally better IMO. We have to pay Brooks anyway. No point having two of them

Agree no point in having both of them. If Newcastle want Brooks and would pay a large chunk to get him, I'd be happy to let both of them go.

ReplyQuote
(@campo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger5150

madden gone

Who covers for Brooks if he gets injured?

ReplyQuote
Page 193 / 1067
Share: