Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

My understanding is that the club feels we don’t need to recruit any middles.

Our middles are pretty awful, not sure how they could think that.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @helmesy

My understanding is that the club feels we don’t need to recruit any middles.

Our middles are pretty awful, not sure how they could think that.

I agree, makes me question a lot.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Gerard Condon of reading the play, seems to think we are close to signing Jayden Sua. He still has 2 years left on contract with dragons but is disgruntled over there and is seeking a release. Condon was like we are close to signing a quality second rower to partner Paps.

I'm not a huge fan of sua but he would be a massive improvement on what we have

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Gerard Condon of reading the play, seems to think we are close to signing Jayden Sua. He still has 2 years left on contract with dragons but is disgruntled over there and is seeking a release. Condon was like we are close to signing a quality second rower to partner Paps.

Interesting 🧐

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I wanted him when he went to Dragons but I havent seen anything good from his since

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @tiger5150

I wanted him when he went to Dragons but I havent seen anything good from his since

Hopefully he’d be better here. Might just be unhappy at the Dragqueens effecting performance.

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @lestronge

@garry I really don’t see what the difference between a rookie draft , which would only probably affect 32-64 kids every year , is any different from us giving Munster 7 million dollars or , buying the 2014 bulldogs spine which we just got out from underneath . 
i don’t see how it undermines the fabric of the game at all . Not when manly literally 2-3 times a week have a bus driver do the city loop dropping and picking western Sydney kids .

Teams like they and the roosters have been picking the eyes out of nswrl junior talent since I was playing u16s. 
the system has been broken since forever . And if the nrl is serious and actually wants a competitive comp , than the current model is not sustainable . 

Even though it has been diluted over the past 20 years part of my enjoyment of watching rugby league is watching kids progress through the grades and making their 1st grade debut. I understand that I'm a dinosaur in that regard but it's something that is part of how I engage in the game.

Right with on this one.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Starford, kepao, naden. I think only one of these can be in the starting team, they are all fine and NRL standard but you need a centre with strike power.

fairbanks is better than seyfarth so that probably puts him as good depth in the back row but he should spend most of the year in KOE but will do a job if promoted (got to be min wage)

nu brown similar to Fairbanks. Does his job well if needed but hopefully he is just cover for api during origin

pauga not needed

musgrove we need to pay another team to take him. He is not going to make it at wests tigers. Had the physical attributes but has not impact and makes so many silly mistakes. Need to get him off the books

Simpkin would love to keep him in the system but we probably lose him. He has talent but needs a few more years to develop 

dias I think takes tamou’s spot in the roster.

Joffa, I know he has been better than most in our pack but you don’t pay overs for him. Maybe he is around that 500k mark, he does his job but I don’t think he changes the game much. In a better team I think he is more just a reliable guy.

madden, he should probably go and play behind Cleary and keep learning. We need halves who are ready right now. After seeing him play the last month I think I still prefer brooks if we can get him on more a value contract (with long service discount).

douhie, he has something. No where near the final product so his carry on about wanting to play 6 and his questionable attitude isn’t warranted. He will probably learn a lot under sheens/Benji but I get the feeling Madge was always blowing smoke up him and he hasn’t really shown enough to demand marquee status. 

from what Jacko said today at the ambush he very much sounds like spine in 23 at least will be 1. Laurie 6. Douhie 7. Brooks 9. Api and I am ok with that. It’s more about can we recruit a strong prop, 2RF and maybe a strike centre.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Starford, kepao, naden. I think only one of these can be in the starting team, they are all fine and NRL standard but you need a centre with strike power.

If that is the case, you definitely keep Naden. Runs hard with intent and already seems to have a good team spirit. Quickly becoming a favourite of mine.

fairbanks is better than seyfarth so that probably puts him as good depth in the back row but he should spend most of the year in KOE but will do a job if promoted (got to be min wage)

nu brown similar to Fairbanks. Does his job well if needed but hopefully he is just cover for api during origin

Fairbanks slightly shade Seyfarth in everything but age, neither really excite me. Nu Brown is like a better Michael Chee kam.

Simpkin would love to keep him in the system but we probably lose him. He has talent but needs a few more years to develop 

I thought Simpkin made us look a lot better in attack.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @tiger5150

If that is the case, you definitely keep Naden. Runs hard with intent and already seems to have a good team spirit. Quickly becoming a favourite of mine.

Fairbanks slightly shade Seyfarth in everything but age, neither really excite me. Nu Brown is like a better Michael Chee kam.

I thought Simpkin made us look a lot better in attack.

I think Simpkin brings the forwards on better than the rest of our current hookers. Api is the master of this though. Simpkin would do great to learn under api for a while longer

Joel Helmes, Skippa13, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

pauga not needed

musgrove we need to pay another team to take him. He is not going to make it at wests tigers. Had the physical attributes but has not impact and makes so many silly mistakes. Need to get him off the books

dias I think takes tamou’s spot in the roster.

Joffa, I know he has been better than most in our pack but you don’t pay overs for him. Maybe he is around that 500k mark, he does his job but I don’t think he changes the game much. In a better team I think he is more just a reliable guy.

madden, he should probably go and play behind Cleary and keep learning. We need halves who are ready right now. After seeing him play the last month I think I still prefer brooks if we can get him on more a value contract (with long service discount).

douhie, he has something. No where near the final product so his carry on about wanting to play 6 and his questionable attitude isn’t warranted. He will probably learn a lot under sheens/Benji but I get the feeling Madge was always blowing smoke up him and he hasn’t really shown enough to demand marquee status. 

from what Jacko said today at the ambush he very much sounds like spine in 23 at least will be 1. Laurie 6. Douhie 7. Brooks 9. Api and I am ok with that. It’s more about can we recruit a strong prop, 2RF and maybe a strike centre.

Agree with pretty much everything here.

Not sure about Dias. We really need a powerhouse prop.

I think there’s room for Kepoa and Naden. I’d like them both in the centres

Mike and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@lestronge Great post. I’d like to see something like this in the near future. Seems to work ok in the AFL. Still have the strong teams down there & others who continually struggle but a draft would add a little more interest I think & perhaps offer sides lower down the ladder a better chance of picking up the next Suali. Would still need to develop them at the club & keep them afterwards long term if they turn out to be very good, that’s probably the difficult part. Might not impact the competition as much as one might hope.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

@tigertownsfs agree with most of that.

Were you at the Ambush event mate?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

hope they give Josh feledy a chance next year can't be any worse than blooding a young rookie if you are old enough you are good enough

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @garry

@tigertownsfs agree with most of that.

Were you at the Ambush event mate?

Yeah I was. Brought the kids to see Jackson. Overall he sounded happy with the club but his clear preference was 7 over 13 so I got the vibe that if it came down to it that might be something that pushes him out. He made one comment about training at 13 in next preseason so it sounds like they will be running douhie/brooks/Hastings 3 halves in 2023. Did he give you any other private thoughts?

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 192 / 1067
Share: