Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

To anyone bagging AD I also would like to say, I find it beyond hypocritical and pretty inevitable that you would turn on him , as most of those were claiming him the saviour . His defence is beyond garbage , and has been all of last year as well. But he’s still a weapon . And I have been advocating the move to lock due to his size and skill since a while . 

I actually believe it’s the best choice as well because his initial contact isn’t bad , it’s his lateral movement that’s the issue.  He can fix his issues if we put a better centre next to him defensively . The problem is he’s massive so there’s really no excuse . He’s not exactly Allan langer.   But this is all fixable . And honestly sometimes , you need a game like last week in your life to make you realise how bad something is . He probably though his D was good , after a game like that , he now knows it’s not . He’s got all the skills to be an international . I just don’t think it’s at 6 . I even think centre is wasted on him. 

This just reminds me of brooks . The lack of loyalty and scapegoating kind of pisses me off. The kid has issues but rather than hang the guy out to dry let’s find a way to maximise him. 
Nope we won’t . We just chew em up and spit ‘‘em out . We really do suck as fans . We are all so fickle . Whilst we are loyal to our jersey , our fickleness with players is beyond annoying. Just my take. Not directed at any one individual. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @lestronge

To anyone bagging AD I also would like to say, I find it beyond hypocritical and pretty inevitable that you would turn on him , as most of those were claiming him the saviour . His defence is beyond garbage , and has been all of last year as well. But he’s still a weapon . And I have been advocating the move to lock due to his size and skill since a while . 

I actually believe it’s the best choice as well because his initial contact isn’t bad , it’s his lateral movement that’s the issue.  He can fix his issues if we put a better centre next to him defensively . The problem is he’s massive so there’s really no excuse . He’s not exactly Allan langer.   But this is all fixable . And honestly sometimes , you need a game like last week in your life to make you realise how bad something is . He probably though his D was good , after a game like that , he now knows it’s not . He’s got all the skills to be an international . I just don’t think it’s at 6 . I even think centre is wasted on him. 

This just reminds me of brooks . The lack of loyalty and scapegoating kind of pisses me off. The kid has issues but rather than hang the guy out to dry let’s find a way to maximise him. 
Nope we won’t . We just chew em up and spit ‘‘em out . We really do suck as fans . We are all so fickle . Whilst we are loyal to our jersey , our fickleness with players is beyond annoying. Just my take. Not directed at any one individual. 

I think he would be great as a lock but think his defence is a massive issue, yes his lateral movement is bad but he also gets bumped off a lot for a big guy and for some reason doesn't want to comit to the tackle with his shoulder.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Douhie has the size to do the ball playing 13 role like yeoh or Murray at souths. He is just a very poor defender. Happy to sign douhie but preferably not as a 6 or 13 but centre and get paid centre money 500k or so. 

Can't see hom taking that and good luck to him if he head to storm or dolphins 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I know its possible for him to improve, but I find it incredible that we are trying to find ways to accommodate the poor defence of a 23yo first grader who is over 6foot and over 100kg.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Isn’t the issue more that he demands to play in that position? I think fans would be more supportive if he didn’t give off the vibe that he rated himself so highly he can dictate to the coach how to play him whilst also having obvious deficiencies in his game

Tiger5150 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @mac_tiger
Posted by: @mike

So basically we are screwed for the next 24 months at least. 23 would be to provide more cap space. 24 start to get the team together that is needed. 25 to be the year it all comes together. Yeah right. I don’t believe a word of it. 

Heard this song before Mike?

Yep

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Isn’t the issue more that he demands to play in that position? I think fans would be more supportive if he didn’t give off the vibe that he rated himself so highly he can dictate to the coach how to play him whilst also having obvious deficiencies in his game

That to me is the exact point...he demanded to play there. Put his own self interest against that of the team.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @kiwitiger
Posted by: @tigertownsfs

That to me is the exact point...he demanded to play there. Put his own self interest against that of the team.

Being confident and backing yourself isnt a crime and not necessarily a bad thing, but once you do that, you want to perform to show why or people will turn pretty quick and IMO this is the case with AD.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @salty

Not only have we thrown 2022 away but it looks like they're throwing away 2023 too. I need to take a very long break from this club

I would have thought the cap was already in good shape. Club is sounding like broken record, 2024 will come around and they’ll start talking about 2025 and the kids coming through, and so on, and so on.

Our middle is looking good if we lose Joe O. Do we even have 4 middles?

I don’t understand for the life of me why we are not prioritising an experienced intimidating prop. we desperately need it.

Twal is not intimidating 

Stefano and Pole are too young and both need a mentor type partner 

Musgrove is too inconsistent 

Tamou is done

Joffa offers plenty

We need a leader here

Jedi Tiger, Tiger5150 and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tigersteve

Not only have we thrown 2022 away but it looks like they're throwing away 2023 too. I need to take a very long break from this club

I would have thought the cap was already in good shape. Club is sounding like broken record, 2024 will come around and they’ll start talking about 2025 and the kids coming through, and so on, and so on.

I don’t understand for the life of me why we are not prioritising an experienced intimidating prop. we desperately need it.

Twal is not intimidating 

Tamou is done

Joffa offers plenty

We need a leader here

Watching the Roosters tonight I cannot work out why we are not going hard for Matt Lodge.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Twal is not intimidating 

Tamou is done

Joffa offers plenty

We need a leader here

And unusually, there are actually a few available. Lodge TPJ, Haas, JWH, Klemmer, even Fifita, all to some extent kinda available.

ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Twal is not intimidating 

Tamou is done

Joffa offers plenty

We need a leader here

Couldn’t agree more, I think it’s a priority, seems an obvious missing piece. Oppositions have been going through our middle like a dose of salts. We need one of those alpha male silverback props who has a screw loose.

Another thought on our middles:

Considering the chatter about recruiting edge forwards, and the number of junior development edge forwards in our system. It would not surprise me if Blore shifts to the middle. He might still play a bit on the edge at times, but I’m starting to think he’ll also train and prepare as a middle during the off-season.

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I don't get why any decent player would sign a contract with their club a month or so out from November 1. There's no advantage to the player in not testing the market.

If the club wants to retain contracted players, you extend then 12 months out from Nov 1 - not a month out

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @frullens

I don't get why any decent player would sign a contract with their club a month or so out from November 1. There's no advantage to the player in not testing the market.

If the club wants to retain contracted players, you extend then 12 months out from Nov 1 - not a month out

So 2 years before they are off contract, some guys only sign 2 year contracts? There are major flaws with the NRL contract system and allowing players to sign 12 months from the end or their contract period is one of the major flaws and it really disadvantages rebuilding teams.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @frullens

So 2 years before they are off contract, some guys only sign 2 year contracts? There are major flaws with the NRL contract system and allowing players to sign 12 months from the end or their contract period is one of the major flaws and it really disadvantages rebuilding teams.

Agree

But also on the flip side, if you had a consistent coaching setup - you know who you want to build the team around and you lock them in. 

I think we all said we need to lock Hastings in long term after seeing him play a couple of games. 13 and 7 money is similar for a decent player in each position. 

AD should be in our team long term. Pay him tip class centre/beginner 5/8 money. Around what he's on now

And joffa - he's been incredible for us this year. SOS standard at his best. Lock him long term also.

I don't there's any risk in locking those three up at the start of the year. Like we've done with twal and Ute.

The rest happy leave it to later on their contract, where you risk losing them.

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 190 / 1067
Share: