Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Hooper reporting we’re after John Bateman.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast he would be good I thought he didn't want to come back to Australia as family over there. He woukd be a better buy that frizell

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

The Hooper warning also says Melbourne might look at douhie. 

If you could lose Douhie for Munster yes please although I think the only place he is going if it is not Melbourne is dolphins but never know

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

The Wests Tigers have made an inquiry with Wigan about the prospect of bringing 2019 Dally M Backrower of the Year John Bateman back to the NRL in 2023.

In a move unrelated to Isaiah Papali’i having second thoughts about switching from Parramatta to Concord next year, Tigers director of football Tim Sheens has confirmed the club has made the approach.

The catch is going to be Bateman is under contract with Wigan until at least the end of 2024 and for now the Warriors have blocked the Tigers move.

Bateman was one of the standout backrowers in the NRL the year the Canberra Raiders made the grand final in 2019 before his tenure in the national capital soured over a contract stalemate with the Green Machine.

Bateman then returned home to the UK at the end of the 2020 NRL season after inking a four-year deal with Wigan through until the end of 2024.

The Raiders were forced to pay a $250,000 transfer fee to Wigan to bring Bateman to the NRL the first time around but the one bonus with transfer fees to English clubs is they aren’t included in the NRL clubs salary cap.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-john-bateman-to-wests-tigers-wigan-canberra-raiders-super-league-jimmy-brings-james-hooper/news-story/69e716a91717922d4e9b4de0d913c264

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Hooper reporting we’re after John Bateman.

Well let’s hope Hooper finally gets one correct.

This would be a fantastic signing for WTs if it eventuates Bateman has just the right amount of mongrel that’s desperately needed at the Club.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Moderator

@declan Hopefully our next player extension are Hastings and Joffa I’m still not sold on AD as a 6.

Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I think Angus Crichton is a good chance as Roosters will need the cap space
Gildart potentially back to Wigan and we pay a transfer fee to get bateman

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

On a sad note Paul Green NRL coach has died, R.I.P. 

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Tragic, only 49 years old.

No age at all, thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Very sad. Hard to comprehend. Condolences to his family & friends. R.I.P.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mike

Very sad. Hard to comprehend. Condolences to his family & friends. R.I.P.

Well said guys 👍

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Wonderful man gone way too  soon. REST IN Peace Paul. My deepest Condolences to the family.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

See Dylan Brown us willing to test the market November 1 not keen to extend with parramatta at this stage. 

I would say if Douhie does not sign then we move in hard for Dylan Brown as a 6 he is a far superior player to Adam Douhie 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

See Dylan Brown us willing to test the market November 1 not keen to extend with parramatta at this stage. 

I would say if Douhie does not sign then we move in hard for Dylan Brown as a 6 he is a far superior player to Adam Douhie 

Agreed. AD is a good player but I think many Tigers fans over rate him because of the tyranny of low expectations. Dylan Brown is a much better player and more importantly a proper 6. Would be happy with either but my warning to AD would be "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Agreed. AD is a good player but I think many Tigers fans over rate him because of the tyranny of low expectations. Dylan Brown is a much better player and more importantly a proper 6. Would be happy with either but my warning to AD would be "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

If AD is not playing 6 with us he will be playing 6 with another, probably better, team.

No doubt Dylan Brown is a good player but he's no Cam Munster and has always played behind a dominant pack at Parra so I would be slightly concerned how he would go when the middles were going backwards.

ReplyQuote
Page 175 / 931
Share: