Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @helmesy

The greatest irony would be that he wins a premiership with them.

And then demands a contract upgrade lol

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

How about the bloke who got the tattoo of him after he re-signed...

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

The greatest irony would be that he wins a premiership with them.

More likely than with us. The final straw would be scoring a hat-trick running off Harry.

Perhaps he can take Munster for a spin in his Ferrari and convince him to come on board. He's someone I would throw a blank cheque at (and GEO would smile down on us).

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I’m not a fan of letting Noffa play for the Storm. I would not help that club in any way. They refused to release JAC to us even though JAC had agreed to come here by all reports.  There is a lot of anti Noffa sentiment on this forum but I think he is a very good winger just poorly used. He can finish and is one of the most damaging dummy half runners in the game, but is asked is asked to take hitups one out from the ruck. Yes he makes mistakes in defence but the blokes inside help him with those.

I’m of a similar sentiment Eastiemagpie.Are we making a spectacular bid for our maiden wooden spoon by dispensing of our best players?I know we put a stake through the heart of our season some weeks back,but there is such a thing as dignity and respect for the fan base.Blooding aside,we still should be aiming to put our best side on the park.Losing Garner puts more pressure on our pack,and now is not the time to fob off Noffa in order to bolster Melbourne’s stocks.

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

I’m not a fan of letting Noffa play for the Storm.

I'm actually OK with it. If there has been some discipline issues then a trip to the storm may just educate him on how a truly professional organisation works. Noffa knows nothing but the Tigers and it will be good to open his eyes. He will kill it with them as their structures are so solid and suddenly his defence will seem fine. He'll work great with Harry.

I'm always bemused by the dislike of Noffa. According to the player of the year ladder he's currently our fifth best player and that's after missing 5 or 6 games. He's been consistently good all year but some people can't get over the personal hate.

Given who's likely to play finals, the Storm may just be my least worse choice - I couldn't bear if Panthers, Souths, Eels, Manly or Broncos won. After Sunday there's a line through Cowboys too.

I certainly wouldn’t be putting a line through the Cowboys.They still have a couple to come back including Reuben Cotter,and Drinkwater had a uncharacteristic horrible day out on Sunday.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

I’m not a fan of letting Noffa play for the Storm. I would not help that club in any way. They refused to release JAC to us even though JAC had agreed to come here by all reports.  There is a lot of anti Noffa sentiment on this forum but I think he is a very good winger just poorly used. He can finish and is one of the most damaging dummy half runners in the game, but is asked is asked to take hitups one out from the ruck. Yes he makes mistakes in defence but the blokes inside help him with those.

I’m of a similar sentiment Eastiemagpie.Are we making a spectacular bid for our maiden wooden spoon by dispensing of our best players?I know we put a stake through the heart of our season some weeks back,but there is such a thing as dignity and respect for the fan base.Blooding aside,we still should be aiming to put our best side on the park.Losing Garner puts more pressure on our pack,and now is not the time to fob off Noffa in order to bolster Melbourne’s stocks.

I think he would have been playing reserve grade if he was here.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I certainly wouldn’t be putting a line through the Cowboys.

I meant as a team I'd be OK to win - not a team who might win. Kyle Feldt has erased them for me.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I'll be watching each Melbourne game just to see Bellamy's reactions.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Maybe the idea is to give him some exposure to a different team culture (performance based rather than his own assumptions around his value)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

I certainly wouldn’t be putting a line through the Cowboys.

I meant as a team I'd be OK to win - not a team who might win. Kyle Feldt has erased them for me.

Gotcha now,after Sunday I feel the same.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @garry

I think he would have been playing reserve grade if he was here.

I’m ok with him playing reserve grade. He seems to have attitude type issues and needs to get that out if his game.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Tumeth deal all sorted guys, 2 year deal.

I expect him to maybe play against Brisbane 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Tumeth deal all sorted guys, 2 year deal.

I expect him to maybe play against Brisbane 

I expected the deal was done once he was named on the extended bench.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@garry Can you fill me in on this guy seeing his name mentioned a lot but have no idea about him .. Thanks 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @snake

@garry Can you fill me in on this guy seeing his name mentioned a lot but have no idea about him .. Thanks 

Young second rower, Balmain Junior and recently played for NSW U19. Was on a development contract for this season but I wouldn't be surprised to hear we upgraded him to a top 30 spot before Monday.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 159 / 1067
Share: