Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@helmesy 

I said on 22.07.22 on here

The mail on another forum and I heard something similar through my physio friend at the Sharks

Foran might be backflipping on the Titans deal

Benji Marshall is actively pursuing Mitchell Moses (we already know) and Josh Schuster to play 13 (as foran likely staying at Manly) 

I spoke to my physio mate at sharks again today and he was like Schuster to us definitely has plenty of legs and has been a week in the making behind the scenes 

Schuster woukd be a terrific pick up to play lock and it might mean Hastings to Dogs to free up cash 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy 

I said on 22.07.22 on here

The mail on another forum and I heard something similar through my physio friend at the Sharks

Foran might be backflipping on the Titans deal

Benji Marshall is actively pursuing Mitchell Moses (we already know) and Josh Schuster to play 13 (as foran likely staying at Manly) 

I spoke to my physio mate at sharks again today and he was like Schuster to us definitely has plenty of legs and has been a week in the making behind the scenes 

Schuster woukd be a terrific pick up to play lock and it might mean Hastings to Dogs to free up cash 

Interesting 🧐 I’m a Schuster fan, I reckon he adds a lot to us. Could be some serious shifting around going on behind the scenes.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy my only concern with Schuster is he wants to play 6. Kind of hoping Sheens sells it as a ball playing lock. 

I would be very happy with 

7. Brooks

6. Douhie

13. Schuster 

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @garry
Posted by: @helmesy

I'm hearing all is not well between Manly and talented utility Josh Schuster.

Schuster has been hailed as the next big thing at Brookvale for several years but you only had to look at his body language - and seven errors - against the Dragons last weekend to see something isn't right.

Schuster was promised the No.6 jersey a couple of years ago… but lost out to Kieran Foran, who Schuster was told would be moved to hooker.

Last weekend, even with regular hooker Lachlan Croker out, Foran kept the five-eighth spot and Schuster remained on the bench.

The big guy has talent but hasn't lived up to the hype and the Sea Eagles believe he is carrying too much weight, adding to the tension.

Don't be surprised if he is wearing another team's colours in 2023.

The Mole

The mole is close to the Tigers, has even been used to assist in signings in the past.

I wouldn't ask you to give away any confidences Garry - but what do you mean by the mole being used to assist in signings? I just assumed the mole was a non de plume.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

A forward pack of

8. Tamou

9. Api

10. Stef

11. Blore

12. Papali

13. Schuster 

Backline

7. Brooks

6. Douhie

5. Staines

2. Ken M 

1. Laurie

Assuming we offload nofo somehow

not too sure on centres though head to the marketplace ?

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@helmesy my only concern with Schuster is he wants to play 6. Kind of hoping Sheens sells it as a ball playing lock. 

I would be very happy with 

7. Brooks

6. Douhie

13. Schuster 

what would you say if hastings stays 13 for next year? 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @mac_tiger
Posted by: @helmesy

I'm hearing all is not well between Manly and talented utility Josh Schuster.

Schuster has been hailed as the next big thing at Brookvale for several years but you only had to look at his body language - and seven errors - against the Dragons last weekend to see something isn't right.

Schuster was promised the No.6 jersey a couple of years ago… but lost out to Kieran Foran, who Schuster was told would be moved to hooker.

Last weekend, even with regular hooker Lachlan Croker out, Foran kept the five-eighth spot and Schuster remained on the bench.

The big guy has talent but hasn't lived up to the hype and the Sea Eagles believe he is carrying too much weight, adding to the tension.

Don't be surprised if he is wearing another team's colours in 2023.

The Mole

The mole is close to the Tigers, has even been used to assist in signings in the past.

I wouldn't ask you to give away any confidences Garry - but what do you mean by the mole being used to assist in signings? I just assumed the mole was a non de plume.

The mole is Tony Adams and is extremely close to Tim Sheens. The mole played a key role in the biggest signing in the club's history. 

When Craig Bellamy knock us back in 2003, the plan was hatched to go after Tim Sheens but it was believed he wouldn't be interested. Tony Adams was the man who the club reached out to to make contact with Tim. 2 years later we win the premiership.

Check out the moles mail since Tim returned.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @mickb

Nofa definitely going to Melbourne for the rest of the year, he is currently in reserve grade based on form, this move is intended to get him some experience while allowing him to play first grade. Will free up cap space as Melbourne will pay him for the rest of the year.

What happens if he blows his ACL in his first game for Melbourne? We're on the hook for $500k Nofa contract while he sits on the couch (having been injured playing for another team)

I guess the same could happen with Api or Isaiah

Pretty risky strategy IMO and should not be allowed.

I hate the mid-season transfer thing. Its just another way of the top teams being able to entrench themselves at the top of the table. For a team like the Tigers, losing a key player to a major injury (like we did with Blore this year) is a disaster. But a team like the Storm can lose Paps to injury but get in the market and pick up a more than handy replacement to keep the show rolling.

Injuries are terrible for any player or team, but they create an opportunity to be a leveller. The same thing for Origin – those matches should require the rep players to sit out their club match and the rounds shouldn’t be split to compensate. That’s how teams like Tigers can compete with Panthers.   

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Wouldn't Schuster want to play 6? Do we need another player who wants to play in a position that they don't necessarily walk in to?

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mickb I'm thinking if we get Schuster it would be for 2024 

I would be happy with Hastings at 13 for 2023. Kind of think with Woodward at dogs and Gus they really want Hastings and will get him as a 7

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger You'd think the Dogs will offer hastings a contract to play halfback on November 1. Flanagan off contract at the end of 2023.

Can't see the Sheenius getting this call right I'm afraid 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

My physio friend at sharks reckons Foran will backflip on the Titans and stay with Manly that is what is getting Schuster so annoyed

we will see if any truth in this, I kind of think if it was true some of the journos would be all over it though

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@mickb I reckon they may, I mean Sheens has to back 2 of the 3 and it looks like it is brooks and douhie 

if they let Hastings go to dogs early then it clears up cap space 

Think if they let Hastings go they may keep Madden on a small deal as backup 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’m not a fan of letting Noffa play for the Storm. I would not help that club in any way. They refused to release JAC to us even though JAC had agreed to come here by all reports.  There is a lot of anti Noffa sentiment on this forum but I think he is a very good winger just poorly used. He can finish and is one of the most damaging dummy half runners in the game, but is asked is asked to take hitups one out from the ruck. Yes he makes mistakes in defence but the blokes inside help him with those.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I’m not a fan of letting Noffa play for the Storm.

I'm actually OK with it. If there has been some discipline issues then a trip to the storm may just educate him on how a truly professional organisation works. Noffa knows nothing but the Tigers and it will be good to open his eyes. He will kill it with them as their structures are so solid and suddenly his defence will seem fine. He'll work great with Harry.

I'm always bemused by the dislike of Noffa. According to the player of the year ladder he's currently our fifth best player and that's after missing 5 or 6 games. He's been consistently good all year but some people can't get over the personal hate.

Given who's likely to play finals, the Storm may just be my least worse choice - I couldn't bear if Panthers, Souths, Eels, Manly or Broncos won. After Sunday there's a line through Cowboys too.

Eastiemagpie and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 158 / 1067
Share: