Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

There is a push from some at Wests Tigers for former captain Aaron Woods to join the reunion at the club next season.

Woods almost signed with the Tigers this year but that was vetoed by former coach Michael Maguire. However, that may now all change given Tim Sheens is back in charge and Benji Marshall is calling the shots.

Woods remains tight with the duo. He faces an interesting situation at his current club St George Illawarra.

Woods needs to play 18 games to automatically guarantee his contract at the Dragons next year. He signed with the club on a 12-month deal with an option for next year.

Woods sits at 13 games already – meaning he needs to play five of the next seven to be at the club next year.

Barring a late scratching, he won’t play Friday night after the ex-Kangaroos prop was named 18th man to play Manly. He missed out on selection against the Broncos two weeks ago but returned to play the Roosters last week.

Meanwhile, the Dragons are still on the hunt for a hooker. The club has had discussions with Jacob Liddle and Sam Verrills as they look to add a No.9 to their squad for next season. 

NRL 2022: Push for Aaron Woods to return to Wests Tigers, NRL considers reinstating Covid bubbles | Daily Telegraph

https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/dragons/aaron-woods/

his average run metres are on a serious decline. This gives me supreme confidence that Sheens will roll out the welcome matt 🙁

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I would like to see

13. Douhie

6. Brooks

7. Moses

9. Api 

very offensive spine

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger you're right, I find it very offensive too that Brooks would still be picked in the halves.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I cannot imagine Moses wanting to come here nor Tigers fans accepting him. He might be an upgrade but he would probably still be terrible at the Tigers and he TANKED when he played here last time. I wouldn't accept him or Simona back on those grounds. 

I do not want Woods or Moses back. The way they left was nothing short of disgraceful. Woods was the Captain and worked against us to get players out of the club. He is also rubbish now. Tedesco is the only one that I could accept but it would have to be pretty much now and not when he is close to retirement. Not interested in charities dressed up as fairy tales. 

ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Could Daine Laurie be converted into a Jahrome Hughes type halfback…?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @canberratiger

I cannot imagine Moses wanting to come here nor Tigers fans accepting him. He might be an upgrade but he would probably still be terrible at the Tigers and he TANKED when he played here last time. I wouldn't accept him or Simona back on those grounds. 

I do not want Woods or Moses back. The way they left was nothing short of disgraceful. Woods was the Captain and worked against us to get players out of the club. He is also rubbish now. Tedesco is the only one that I could accept but it would have to be pretty much now and not when he is close to retirement. Not interested in charities dressed up as fairy tales. 

Woods had it all,Test/SOO/Club captaincy.He chose the 30 pieces of silver.

I wonder now in retrospect whether he might have taken a different fork in the road.I agree with you Canberra Tiger,Woods and Moses burnt their bridges in the way they gracelessly exited.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

The mail on another forum and I heard something similar through my physio friend at the Sharks

Foran might be backflipping on the Titans deal

Benji Marshall is actively pursuing Mitchell Moses (we already know) and Josh Schuster to play 13 (as foran likely staying at Manly) 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

The mail on another forum and I heard something similar through my physio friend at the Sharks

Foran might be backflipping on the Titans deal

Benji Marshall is actively pursuing Mitchell Moses (we already know) and Josh Schuster to play 13 (as foran likely staying at Manly) 

Seems hard to believe 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

1. Staines

6. Doueihi

7. Moses

9. Api

13. Schuster

Niiice.

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry
Posted by: @canberratiger

Woods had it all,Test/SOO/Club captaincy.He chose the 30 pieces of silver.

I wonder now in retrospect whether he might have taken a different fork in the road.I agree with you Canberra Tiger,Woods and Moses burnt their bridges in the way they gracelessly exited.

I really don’t want to see Woods, Moses or Teddy back at the club. They have no passion for the club and will only come back for the cash. Once they are here, they will simply plod along.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

1. Staines / Dykes

2. Nofo

3. Naden

4. Douhie

5. Mamalo

6. Brooks

7. Moses

8. Woods

9. Api

13. Schuster

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
AnyGivenSunday
(@anygivensunday)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I really don’t want to see Woods, Moses or Teddy back at the club. They have no passion for the club and will only come back for the cash. Once they are here, they will simply plod along.

Identify and develop the next versions of them, and do a far better retaining them this time.

This what could have been needs to stop, they are gone, they made their choices, leave them to live them,

go forward with fresh faces (at the playing level at least).

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

So much discussion on the backline - all moot unless we massively upgrade the forwards.

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I’d rather Woods than Tamou, Seyfarth and Musgrove (who has ability but only puts in occasionally).

Moses is a no brainer. He would be easily our best player.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I think Tamou offers a bit more than woods but i can see Benji and Farah bringing woods back. Deep down I blame the club rather than the big 4 for leaving. We were are basket case in the mid 2010s and these guys were kids trying to work out what their careers looked like. That’s not to say what they did was right but the club should have given them more confidence about why they should have stayed.

Joel Helmes and MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 151 / 1067
Share: