Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @declan

I would take Doueihi over Moylan, Asi, Foran, Milford, Boyd, keary and Deardon

Even if I agreed - which I clearly don't - he's still barely in the top 10 and that's reliant on him improving.

This is exactly why we struggle as a team, we sign below-average players for their position, on above average wages, and expect them to produce above average results.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Good point. I'd argue about Boyd, Deardon & Milford but its splitting hairs.

Deardon is going to be a star - he has 'it'.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

dont worry about all those names you've listed, is he better than Brooks?

Which fits better into that list; AD or Brooks?

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

This is the game I want AD to build on if he is going to be a 6, in this game he straightens the attack and makes room for the players on his outside. He doesn't do this enough.

https://youtu.be/h5wHqOU2lIc

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

There is a push from some at Wests Tigers for former captain Aaron Woods to join the reunion at the club next season.

Woods almost signed with the Tigers this year but that was vetoed by former coach Michael Maguire. However, that may now all change given Tim Sheens is back in charge and Benji Marshall is calling the shots.

Woods remains tight with the duo. He faces an interesting situation at his current club St George Illawarra.

Woods needs to play 18 games to automatically guarantee his contract at the Dragons next year. He signed with the club on a 12-month deal with an option for next year.

Woods sits at 13 games already – meaning he needs to play five of the next seven to be at the club next year.

Barring a late scratching, he won’t play Friday night after the ex-Kangaroos prop was named 18th man to play Manly. He missed out on selection against the Broncos two weeks ago but returned to play the Roosters last week.

Meanwhile, the Dragons are still on the hunt for a hooker. The club has had discussions with Jacob Liddle and Sam Verrills as they look to add a No.9 to their squad for next season. 

NRL 2022: Push for Aaron Woods to return to Wests Tigers, NRL considers reinstating Covid bubbles | Daily Telegraph

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

dont worry about all those names you've listed, is he better than Brooks?

Which fits better into that list; AD or Brooks?

Unpopular opinion these days but as a 6, Brooks

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @garry

There is a push from some at Wests Tigers for former captain Aaron Woods to join the reunion at the club next season.

Woods almost signed with the Tigers this year but that was vetoed by former coach Michael Maguire. However, that may now all change given Tim Sheens is back in charge and Benji Marshall is calling the shots.

Woods remains tight with the duo. He faces an interesting situation at his current club St George Illawarra.

Woods needs to play 18 games to automatically guarantee his contract at the Dragons next year. He signed with the club on a 12-month deal with an option for next year.

Woods sits at 13 games already – meaning he needs to play five of the next seven to be at the club next year.

Barring a late scratching, he won’t play Friday night after the ex-Kangaroos prop was named 18th man to play Manly. He missed out on selection against the Broncos two weeks ago but returned to play the Roosters last week.

Meanwhile, the Dragons are still on the hunt for a hooker. The club has had discussions with Jacob Liddle and Sam Verrills as they look to add a No.9 to their squad for next season. 

NRL 2022: Push for Aaron Woods to return to Wests Tigers, NRL considers reinstating Covid bubbles | Daily Telegraph

Oh God please no....on a separate note, what a dodgy contract clause, they simply wont pick him.

MickeyB, Kenny4517, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

I’ve still got a soft spot for Woodsy. I’d much rather him than Seyfarth

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

woods coming back instead of seyfarth or tamou would be ok with that

Avo and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Aaron Woods, Moses Brown...

If we are going to get ex players back - teddy, pappi, jac please

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Charlie Staines hasn’t had a stint with the club…yet 😆

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

This is madness, so for Wests Tigers par for the course. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @helmesy

Charlie Staines hasn’t had a stint with the club…yet 😆

Not sure what to think of Staines. Faster version of Laurie I guess.

Ive never been impressed by him before we made him look Langlands and Gasnier wrapped in one last week. He made a break though and did look insanely fast, much quicker than any of our guys.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I've never been a Staines fan but he played ok last week and probably better than laurie

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Apparently Penrith are under pressure to keep Stephen Crichton and I would much rather have Crichton than Staines but in some ways Staines might be the smarter buy. Crichton is untested at fullback but IMO a good centre. Now that Crichton has repped SoO he is going to demand more money and I think we would need to pay fullback money for Crichton and probably overs and no guarantee he doesnt end up as an insanely overpaid centre here.

Staines would probably do a job at fullback better than Laurie and comparable to Crichton (probably fitter and faster) for MUCH less $$$.

Staines is probably a decent moneyball signing but would possibly help them keep Crichton.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 150 / 1067
Share: