Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@frullens only speculations on why mate, I think he doesn't want to play 7

Makes sense Adam spat the dummy and only wanted to play 6

God knows where Brooks can play, so we are left with Hastings as the odd one out. 

Rumour is we are looking at Schoup 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

interesting if you take notice of Paul Kent and Brent Read they both said the club and benji are  very keen on Mitch Moses 

I really think my take on it is

Hastings to Dogs

Brooks to Newcastle or Parramatta

Mosses to wests tigers 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jedi-tiger

interesting if you take notice of Paul Kent and Brent Read they both said the club and benji are  very keen on Mitch Moses 

I really think my take on it is

Hastings to Dogs

Brooks to Newcastle or Parramatta

Mosses to wests tigers 

I think there is a desire to reunite Brooks and Moses.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Peter A and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry I think so too but problem is where do they play douhie

I would play douhie at centre and run with naked and douhie problem is he will have a blow up if he doesn't play 6

I would like to see Brooks and Moses as halves they would be great together. 

I just think Newcastle might get desperate for Brooks or douhie now they don't have Milford. Personally I would like to see douhie to Newcastle and we take Moses to partner Brooks but Sheens has come out previously and said douhie is in clubs plans so dint think that would happen but it is rugby league you never know 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

I would play douhie at centre and run with naked and douhie problem is he will have a blow up if he doesn't play 6

I just think Newcastle might get desperate for Brooks or douhie now they don't have Milford. Personally I would like to see douhie to Newcastle and we take Moses to partner Brooks but Sheens has come out previously and said douhie is in clubs plans so dint think that would happen but it is rugby league you never know 

I'd be willing to give AD a go at 13.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@garry Douhie would suit 13 he runs better than Hastings, defence might be a problem but why not worth a shot

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @garry

I'd be willing to give AD a go at 13.

If we want that mobile ball playing 13, then Doueihi is that guy but as others have daid defence will be an issue but at some stage we have to consider, AD is a BIG body and there is no excuse for poor defence from him.

If AD got his act together, he is a 13 or 4. He is still young and will continue to bulk up. I actually think he will ultimately be too big (and slow) for 6.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2022-wests-tigers-mitchell-moses-benji-marshall-adam-doueihi-luke-brooks-jackson-hastings-2023-roster-signings-tim-sheens-phil-gould-bulldogs/news-story/4801bca87809660e8df363b394dc4b7e

Interesting comment that Hastings is on the outer. I personally don’t see how Moses would come and play 7, him and Brooks as best mates, it would be pretty weird for one to replace the other. Perhaps they are thinking Moses 7,  brooks 6, douhie 13

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Apparently Sheens and Gould are having a meeting and potential player swaps will be discussed.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

only speculations on why mate, I think he doesn't want to play 7

I assume you mean (Hastings) doesn't want to play 13.

Hastings meeting with Sheens probably revolved around Ciraldo being coach. Once that dissolved and they shuffled him into 13 to placate AD, I'm not surprised to see him unhappy. Wasn't it Gould who said several players would leave if Madge went? LL, Garner and now possibly Hastings - and we're not even at Nov.

Ciraldo going to a rival club just shows how low we've fallen. He's not a fool and the Bulldogs is a far better run, far more professional organisation with a much better roster. Hastings is no fool either.

It seems the club is turning itself inside out to suit AD. Players running the team is a known poor strategy.

My faith in the club to do anything professionally is gone.

Kenny4517 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

If we want that mobile ball playing 13, then Doueihi is that guy but as others have daid defence will be an issue but at some stage we have to consider, AD is a BIG body and there is no excuse for poor defence from him.

Yes. AD is a poor defender so 13 is out. If anywhere up front it would be second row where he could run good lines.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @garry

I think there is a desire to reunite Brooks and Moses.

Signing Moses is trying to revive a successful lower grades pairing with zero certainty it will work 10 years later. I can't see it happening if Brooks is moved on.

I hate to consider it regardless - Moses is a good player but a low person. I doubt he'd come anyway but he would be our best half if he did.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Incoming Wests Tigers coach Benji Marshall has wasted no time trying to recruit talent, while some of the club’s current stars aren’t expected to play under him.

Marshall, who will replace Tim Sheens as the Tigers coach in 2025, has already approached Eels halfback Mitchell Moses about a return to Concord.

Sheens has handed control of the roster to Marshall and the latter must decide who stays between Adam Doueihi, Luke Brooks and Jackson Hastings - who all want to play in the halves.

NRL 360 host Braith Anasta asked the panel on Wednesday night who Marshall will be trying to sign first.

“He’s already gone after Mitch Moses,” Paul Kent responded.

“Sheens has put him in charge of their roster and their cap at the moment, he’s making him have a good look at that because good coaching comes down to good recruitment.

“Wayne Bennett said for years the best coaches are the best recruiters, that’s the secret. So first cab off the rank for Benji is to learn that, look at the roster, work out where you’re getting value for money and where you don’t.

“At the moment he’s got Doueihi, Brooks, Hastings all sitting there trying to get three into two.

“He has to figure out what he’s going to do there and as the long term coach of the club he has to come up with an answer.”

Veteran rugby league reporter Brent Read doesn’t expect all three of those players to be at the club next season.

“I spoke to Tim today about it, they’re all November 1 guys so if they’re not extended by then, they’re in the last year of their deals and they can go sign with other clubs.

“Tim said he wants to make a decision on those guys in the next month and that will come down to Benji.”

Sheens will have lunch with Bulldogs general manager Phil Gould on Thursday and Read believes potential player swaps will be on the topics of conversation.

“The one Tigers name that has been linked with the Bulldogs is Jackson Hastings,” Read said.

“If the Bulldogs said we’d love Jackson Hastings I reckon the Tigers would go ‘he’s all yours’.”

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@voice_of_reason from what is coming out of some of the journos it is now benji's call on who he keeps between douhie Hastings and Brooks, douhie was a Madge favourite. 

maybe Moses and Brooks has some legs 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

“If the Bulldogs said we’d love Jackson Hastings I reckon the Tigers would go ‘he’s all yours’.”

What's really sad about this is he's both our best and cheapest half - and the only one who has a modicum of knowledge of leading a successful team. Of course we'd let him go.

ReplyQuote
Page 146 / 1067
Share: