Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mac_tiger
Posted by: @salty

Sheens has a penchant for speed across all positions. Which explains the many outside backs he’s converted into forwards, and the lean forward packs of the past. Who can forget Danny Galea playing front-row, or Beau Ryan shifting into the forwards during games. But he does deserve some credit for Jason Croker, who had a long decorated career in the forwards after he started on the wing. Also Bozo converted Steve Menzies from the wing, so Sheens isn’t isolated with this. I wonder what Sheens thinks of big Ken? I’m sure he’s tempted by a little experimentation. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Ken sneakily shifting into the back-row during games over the coming weeks.

I would love to see Ken in the back row doing his meter eating and some pace on the wing. 

Tuilagi literally hangs out on the wing. He did it from the very first set yesterday

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy
Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Noddy said yesterday that this spine brooks 7, AD 6, Hastings 13 is what to expect for the rest of the year. Assume that is Sheens choice

The only issue is that we have to have enough grunt to gain field position to make it worth anything.

The short answer to that question is No. We don't have anywhere near enough grunt.

Musgrove 53m All Run Metres

Garner 76m

Tuilagi 73m

pathetic stats from yesterday.

If this is Sheens doing I have grave concerns already 🙁

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@glen-thompson)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@garry 

The chap from Llandudno (clan did know) in north wales 

Apparently the player i want Wests Tigers to sign is looking at moving to the Raiders

Go and get Jake Connor of Hull FC, he's a mercurial wizard, king of assists, versatile (can play 1,3,4,6 and possibly 13) 

He would be a brilliant addition - go and ask Gareth Ellis if he's an Englishmen worth signing

I hope we try to ambush the move 

Great show as always 

Go Tigers !

glen thompson

earl reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mickb musgrove was IMO the reason we lost yesterday . His dogging it at the start of the game , pretty much the first hit up really set the tone . That whole first 15 joffa was having to shoulder all the burden of gaining metres . He would run for 8-12m and musgrove would either not follow it up , or run for 5-6. 
and then when he was pulled , he didn’t come back on until the 65th minute . As soon as pole came on we started to gain some traction . And then with Tamou we started to win the middle . 
then musgrove comes back the middle is a mess defensively again , and he decides to bludge in the ruck on our line . 
it was basically the reason we lost the game . His lying down in the ruck , and lack of urgency , or at the very  least situational awareness , allowed the quick play the ball to happen . He should have been lying all over the player and giving away penalties . Or trying to manoeuvre his body to marker whilst holding down . 
And if it’s 6 again whatever . Who gives a toss . If it’s a penalty same thing we were up by 4 . 
but he he just bludged . It was plain as day what the next play was going to be based on that play the ball . 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

21 and already played over 50 games, we need to be going after this guy imo.

A lot of Penrith’s regular Cup players were called up to NRL to fill in for the rested Origin stars, but interestingly there was one very recognisable face in the side — Spencer Leniu.

The 21-year-old local junior has played 53 NRL games for the club, including 16 this season, but found himself in reserve grade after Ivan Cleary replaced him on the bench with Lindsay Smith.

Leniu played 74 minutes at prop — by the far the most he’s played this year — finishing with 96 running metres, seven tackle busts and 24 tackles with three misses.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/forgotten-tigers-big-kimmorley-reminder-warriors-recruit-heaps-pressure-on-star-reserves-wrap/news-story/441f36f7ac6e3ba30064d2a36733f4c8

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Kenny4517, Jedi Tiger, Declan McCutcheon and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Salty
(@salty)
Junior Pathways

Me thinks it’ll be important (almost critical) for Benji to land at least one quality signing in the next 12 months.

Part of successful roster management is attracting quality players at market price or less.

The braintrust is already signalling the need for speed and an attacking orientated philosophy - Benji Ball.

Adding a quality recruit or two will help drive that narrative, and help generate the momentum and excitement of a new era dawning that players, staff and fans want to buy into and be a part of.

This for me is one of the big challenges for Benji, it’s going to be a better platform for him going forward with players coming onboard and believing in him, and his vision of Benji Ball in 2025.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Me thinks it’ll be important (almost critical) for Benji to land at least one quality signing in the next 12 months.

Part of successful roster management is attracting quality players at market price or less.

The braintrust is already signalling the need for speed and an attacking orientated philosophy - Benji Ball.

Adding a quality recruit or two will help drive that narrative, and help generate the momentum and excitement of a new era dawning that players, staff and fans want to buy into and be a part of.

This for me is one of the big challenges for Benji, it’s going to be a better platform for him going forward with players coming onboard and believing in him, and his vision of Benji Ball in 2025.

I think they really need to start making moves now. Sheens has said he wants us to play an attacking style of footy next year and there aren't many players in our team that scream attack.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @helmesy

21 and already played over 50 games, we need to be going after this guy imo.

A lot of Penrith’s regular Cup players were called up to NRL to fill in for the rested Origin stars, but interestingly there was one very recognisable face in the side — Spencer Leniu.

The 21-year-old local junior has played 53 NRL games for the club, including 16 this season, but found himself in reserve grade after Ivan Cleary replaced him on the bench with Lindsay Smith.

Leniu played 74 minutes at prop — by the far the most he’s played this year — finishing with 96 running metres, seven tackle busts and 24 tackles with three misses.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/forgotten-tigers-big-kimmorley-reminder-warriors-recruit-heaps-pressure-on-star-reserves-wrap/news-story/441f36f7ac6e3ba30064d2a36733f4c8

don't think he is tall enough personally but you could make the same case about Pole and he's surprised me.

Looks likely he will be on the move from Penrith if he cant get a game?

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I would agree and extend that to 2-3 signings with players who have made 150 first grade games on average.

The storylines about an attacking brand of footy sound great but if we run out 17 toilers every week the brand of footy matters little.

I personally hope we swap Brooks for David Klemmer. I think both are about the same age, similar contract value, same manager.

I am also hopeful that we ask about Raymond Faitala Mariner who is off contract and playing good footy on his return from injury.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Rumours Gould and Sheens to talk this week about player swaps 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Hastings in a swap with JAC perhaps 

or 

Hastings and Laurie 

for Thompson and JAC 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @glen-thompson

@garry 

The chap from Llandudno (clan did know) in north wales 

Apparently the player i want Wests Tigers to sign is looking at moving to the Raiders

Go and get Jake Connor of Hull FC, he's a mercurial wizard, king of assists, versatile (can play 1,3,4,6 and possibly 13) 

He would be a brilliant addition - go and ask Gareth Ellis if he's an Englishmen worth signing

I hope we try to ambush the move 

Great show as always 

Go Tigers !

glen thompson

Hey Glen, great to have you on our forum and thankyou for listening to the pod. A really good friend of mine grew up on Anglesey and she couldn't believe when I told her ythat someone from Llandudno listens to our pod. I will check out Jake Connor a bit later tonight.

Mate make sure you keep posting as I'm sure you have a lot to offer our community.

Garry

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 and Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Hastings going to Dogs guys 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Hastings going to Dogs guys 

That's very very disappointing if true Jedi.

Have you heard why?

Is it WT led or Jacko led?

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Ciraldo to Dogs

Any thoughts on Laurie going to Dogs perhaps as he knows ciraldo, along with hastings

ReplyQuote
Page 145 / 1067
Share: