Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @russtutty63

Jordan McLean is off contract. Sheens spoke last week regarding the need for good experienced players to help the sprinkling of youth coming through. I know Tamou would be helping but seem to me McLean, a similar style player, would be an upgrade given he’d come to the club with less games than Tamou did when he came & a year younger. Not sure what his situation up there is regarding his family, kids & school etc but think our pack would be pretty formidable with him there. Seems a good person & Sheens also alluded to having to have good people. Could add to building the kind of culture & values we need.

I would probably just stick with Tamou an extra year if that’s what we are after. I would have a good look at Klemmer. He’s playing good enough for origin and he gives another style (slightly crazy) that we lack

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs
Posted by: @russtutty63

Jordan McLean is off contract. Sheens spoke last week regarding the need for good experienced players to help the sprinkling of youth coming through. I know Tamou would be helping but seem to me McLean, a similar style player, would be an upgrade given he’d come to the club with less games than Tamou did when he came & a year younger. Not sure what his situation up there is regarding his family, kids & school etc but think our pack would be pretty formidable with him there. Seems a good person & Sheens also alluded to having to have good people. Could add to building the kind of culture & values we need.

I would probably just stick with Tamou an extra year if that’s what we are after. I would have a good look at Klemmer. He’s playing good enough for origin and he gives another style (slightly crazy) that we lack

I don’t think we should extend Tamou. On last nights game I wouldn’t even have him in the 17.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

For anyone considering re-signing James Tamou consider the fact that these front rowers are already under contract for 2023

Musgrove
Twal
Seyfarth
Utoikamanu
Pole
Fainu
Simpkins

After watching Fainu for 20 mins in Cup last night im prepared to say he is nowhere near NRL which makes the decision to sign him until 2024 outright crazy. Triston Reilly did nothing as well yesterday but the sideline caller said he transitions into the top 30 next year 🙁

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @mickb

For anyone considering re-signing James Tamou consider the fact that these front rowers are already under contract for 2023

Musgrove
Twal
Seyfarth
Utoikamanu
Pole
Fainu
Simpkins

After watching Fainu for 20 mins in Cup last night im prepared to say he is nowhere near NRL which makes the decision to sign him until 2024 outright crazy. Triston Reilly did nothing as well yesterday but the sideline caller said he transitions into the top 30 next year 🙁

Thats our problem we have numbers but not serious fg quality.

Musgrove good game last night. First in years should be number 25 to 30 on roster not starter
Seyfarth not good enough
Pole rookie
Fainu yet to debut/not ready
Simpkins fallen off the face of the earth as far as first grade.

We need at least 3 middles. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

The Tigers are also considering making an offer to Eels forward Nathan Brown to join the club. Brown was recently granted a release from his management company Ignite Sports, which is led by Joe and Johnathan Wehbe.

Brown, who returned to the NRL against the Tigers on Saturday night after a stint in reserve grade, is currently in discussions with other agents.

He will then sit down with the Tigers to discuss a potential return to the club.

Parramatta is unlikely to stand in his way. He has another year to run on his deal.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/tim-sheens-tells-wests-tigers-he-s-ready-to-take-top-job-20220709-p5b0ev.html

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigerlily Could this week be the return of Yesterdays hero’s Sheens and Brown .. how exciting NOT!It  just goes from bad to worse a club that is all encompasses by failure !

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

Posted by: @snake

@tigerlily Could this week be the return of Yesterdays hero’s Sheens and Brown .. how exciting NOT!It  just goes from bad to worse a club that is all encompasses by failure !

Agreed only our club could manage to go back and do a rehash of a prequel as sequel.😂

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

Am I the only one that’s keen on Brown. He would be a massive upgrade on Tamou 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@declan he’s a shadow of the player he used to be imo.

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2022/07/10/nsw-cup-highlights--mounties-v-jets---round-17/ Based on these highlights from this weekend, Id go as far as saying

Newtown Jets would probably beat our first grade team at the moment

If we sign Pele and Dykes (as is rumoured) we'll improve

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

Pele looks great and I think that Dykes is a must in terms of signing. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @declan

Pele looks great and I think that Dykes is a must in terms of signing. 

Agreed

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@kiwitiger A few of our middles are still developing & I’d even put Musgrove in that category. He’s only just played 50 games, think next season would expect to see him improve some more on what he’s done this season. A fair bit of his footy has been interrupted by injuries etc as well. He’s shown glimpses this year but needs to be more consistent obviously. Another good, experienced prop would help in that regard I think. Stefano only played about 30 games & he’s had an injury or two this year. Would think his best few years are next 4 or 5 years. Pole obviously will improve with experience. Really think those 3, injury free, next year could be very good for us especially if a McLean or other big experienced prop could help them. Api could help them too the way he plays. 

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Assuming we don’t pick up anyone of quality for FY24, I’d like to see:

1. Daine
  2. Ken
  3. Naden
  4. Tupou
  5. Nofo
  6. AD
  7. Hastings
  8. Pole
  9. Api
  10. Stefano
  11. Papali’i
  12. Blore
  13. Ofa
  14. Nu Brown
  15. Musgrove (angry version)
  16. Twal
  17. Matamua

Backup would be convert Talau to a backrower over offseason, debut Rua and Tumeth, Seyfarth, Dias. Keep Toa, JTJ and Kepoa for backs. Leaves 5 spots.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The good news just keeps on coming, from the DT:

Wests Tigers star recruit Isaiah Papali’i is having cold feet about joining the club next season in the wake of Michael Maguire’s axing.

The Eels back-rower has been billed as a club changing signature for the struggling Tigers after Papali’i agreed to a three year deal worth about $1.9million last November.

But Papali’i has told those close to him he is now having second thoughts about making the move and would like to remain at the Eels.

Papali’i was close with Maguire and reunited with the former Tigers coach in the Kiwis camp last week.

Uncertainty over who will coach the Tigers has led to Papali’i growing increasing apprehensive about making the move.

While Tim Sheens is expected to take over as head coach, it’s uncertain whether that will be enough to satisfy Papali’i.

The Wests Tigers were contacted by The Daily Telegraph last month about Papali’i’s concerns. They said in their most recent dialogue he had remained committed to the club.

Papali’i does have a relationship with Tigers assistant coaches Ben Gardiner and Nathan Cayless from time spent working together within the Kiwis squad.

No official release has been requested by Papali’i, but he has made it clear to friends and family that he is loath to join the Tigers.

The Eels are also aware and have the salary cap space to retain him.

The Tigers will feel frustrated by the issue going public, but it is one that has been developing for several months.

The Tigers will rightfully stand their ground on the deal.

A player-swap from Parramatta could develop into a potential solution.

In February, Papali’i and fellow departing Eel Marata Niukore defended the NRL’s current transfer system that allowed them to sign with rivals 12 months out.

The Tigers can’t afford to entertain releasing Papali’i after losing a host back-rowers including Luke Garner (Penrith), Luciano Leilua (Cowboys) and Kelma Tuilagi (Manly).

The Tigers are banking on Papali’i and NSW hooker Api Koroisau to help turn the club’s fortunes around next season.

The reigning Dally M has played 102 top grade games since making his debut for the Warriors in 2017. He has established himself as one of the game’s most damaging forwards after joining the Eels on a cut-price deal last season.

ReplyQuote
Page 138 / 933
Share: