Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@avocadoontoast as far as 2023 goes 

we still have Brooks and douhie on the books so you play

Brooks 6

douhie centre 

2024 we have cash to burn 1.5 to 1.7 million and plenty of good players off contract, Walsh Brown Munster, Burton option 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

@avocadoontoast 

throw the cash at Dylan Brown to partner Hastings 

or 

Reece Walsh as fullback and put Laurie in at 6 with Hastings 

There is zero chance we will get either of them. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast as far as 2023 goes 

we still have Brooks and douhie on the books so you play

Brooks 6

douhie centre 

2024 we have cash to burn 1.5 to 1.7 million and plenty of good players off contract, Walsh Brown Munster, Burton option 

You cannot play Brooks at 6 if you have any interest in winning games.

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

No wonder the club has an issue with culture when we’re chasing a player like AD out the club.

Local junior who is clearly passionate about the jersey and gives 100% in every game but hey he’s not the best five eighth in the comp after half a season so too bad Adam, see ya later.

I mean we have so many players who care passionately about the club so I’m sure he won’t be missed.

Barra and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@celtic_tiger we have lost better players than Douhie in the past

Tedesco to name one 

we will survive without Adam 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@avocadoontoast 1.7 million is a hell of a lot of chances to get a quality player. we don't even have to cut anything else that is just moving on two players 

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@celtic_tiger we have lost better players than Douhie in the past

Tedesco to name one 

we will survive without Adam 

Yeah mate and we’re in such great shape now.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@avocadoontoast 1.7 million is a hell of a lot of chances to get a quality player. we don't even have to cut anything else that is just moving on two players 

When is the last time we signed a quality half? Scott Prince? We’re not signing any quality half until we start getting competitive, regardless of how much money we have. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @avocadoontoast

When is the last time we signed a quality half? Scott Prince? We’re not signing any quality half until we start getting competitive, regardless of how much money we have. 

Even Scott Prince came with question marks.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Why? How many people thought we were a chance for Papal'i or Api?  

Money talks and we've worked our way into a strong cap position.  AD is (reportedly) looking for considerably more than Papal'i and it's hard to see that as value. I hope he stays, but in a position the team needs and at a price which is appropriate.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

When is the last time we signed a quality half?

2022 - we now need better players around him.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

Why? How many people thought we were a chance for Papal'i or Api?  

Money talks and we've worked our way into a strong cap position.  AD is (reportedly) looking for considerably more than Papal'i and it's hard to see that as value. I hope he stays, but in a position the team needs and at a price which is appropriate.

As said in my previous post, we’ve only signed one quality half in 22 years and at the moment they’re in short supply. If you were a quality half would you come to the Tigers? I’d take less to play elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @voice_of_reason

When is the last time we signed a quality half?

2022 - we now need better players around him.

I think he’s bog average and too slow.

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I think he’s bog average and too slow.

We'll have to disagree then.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

Update from the Pom:

Quick Update:

Coaching:
Club had a zoom meeting with Kristian Woolf a couple days ago to purely gage his interest in being our coach, wasn't a lengthy meeting but all round positive response from both sides. John Morris has also been directly spoken on 2 occasions.
The club has had to applications put to the club via the Walker Brothers Management & Dean Pay's Management, neither of these are looking to be explored.
In relation to Shane Flanagan he's not entirely out of the equation but his aggressive background media push has made the club extremely cautious not to mention his previous indiscretions.
A left field name that has been discussed is Jason Ryles, but doubt he'll leave the Roosters.

Recruitment:

Charlies Staines - all the noise about him is purely from his management & we are just being used to get his name out there to see if any other takers will come into the fold.

Kade Dykes - As you can imagine everything went sideways with this, he hasn't committed to the Sharks at this stage, management waiting to see where we land with a coach.

Jordan Miller - We seem to have done enough to keep this young man with us for the future. 3 Year deal will development next year & top 30 in 2024

Brandon Tumeth - Well into discussions to keep him around, almost certain to be in top 30 in 2023.

Hastings & Doueihi - Sheens has been in constant contact with these 2 & made it very clear to the both of them that they are future leaders of this club, had lengthy 1 on 1 with them & cleared the air over recent events.

In relation to filling remaining spots for this years roster by August 1, we only need to fill 2 out of the 3 available, as Luciano was released in June under NRL rules we aren't required to fill his spot & don't have to allocate his money for the 2022 season, this can be rolled over into next years salary cap.

ReplyQuote
Page 136 / 930
Share: