Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

If I have a contract at work and I'm unhappy, I can ask to terminate the contract. If they agree, we go our separate ways. They have no interest or concern where or what I might do next.

I suspect the player agent is at fault here. I'd guess he's asked the Tigers for a release so he can move to Cowboys for the rest of the year. Tigers agree and I'd be staggered if it was done without being formalised. The Cowboys reveal cap issues and he's backtracking because LL could potentially sit the season out unpaid.

I'm not bothered if he stays or goes.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Tristan Reilly has started training with club effective immediately, maybe he will take a top 30 spot for 2022

He goes pretty well big guy

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Tristan Reilly has started training with club effective immediately, maybe he will take a top 30 spot for 2022

He goes pretty well big guy

That’s interesting 👍

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@helmesy maybe LL out was needed so we could bring Reilly in 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

He can motor https://youtu.be/XabdoKUnx8Q

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @helmesy

He can motor https://youtu.be/XabdoKUnx8Q

So fast the camera can't keep up with him.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@garry The Flash

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Where does he play in the Tigers do you reckon?

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/06/16/triston-reilly-joins-from-waratahs/

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @canberratiger

Where does he play in the Tigers do you reckon?

He joins the club on a train and trial deal for the rest of this season before moving into the club’s 30-man roster in 2023 and 2024.

CanberraTiger and Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/06/16/triston-reilly-joins-from-waratahs/

Interesting - has anyone seen him play? We need outside backs so hope he’s good.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Interesting - has anyone seen him play? We need outside backs so hope he’s good.

Never seen him play but the highlights seem to show strength and speed (heaven knows we need both!).

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I've seen him play club rugby for the Galloping Greens plays wing and inside centre

Not sure in league terms I would say he would be a winger. I would say he is much better player than Junior Tupou

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @tiger5150
Posted by: @mike

Apparently we released him before NQ agreed and before the release was registered with the NRL. Are we the most incompetent organisation in the world?

Cowboys Head of Football also spoke on SEN this morning. He basically said that the Tigers released him when they haven’t even come to an agreement on who pays what for this year.

Absolute amateurs. Such an unprofessional organisation headed up by Lee & Pascoe 

I've said it a million times before - Pascoe is not up to running a professional sporting team. He's a moron.

Possibly true, but two things can be true at once....

Let me throw a hypothetical at you....

LL is on $ 600,000.00 per year (plucked the figure out of the air). The season is half done. Luki gets injured and Cowboys knock on the door. Cowboys do their maths and figure he will cost approx $300k on the cap this year. Cowboys, LL and agent knock on Tigers door..."Will you release LL form his contract so he can come to us?".

What if......LL's contract is massively backended. What if....when cowboys, LL & agent asked to be released the Tigers simply said "Yep....ok"?

Wouldn't this hypothetical scenario play out pretty much as it is now? Why is this all of a sudden the Tigers problem?

Do you think announcing the release of a player prior to lodging the release with the NRL and prior to agreeing to numbers with the team he's going to is good business? Or do you think it's further evidence that Pascoe is a massive idiot? I'm going with option 2.

Why do the Tigers have to agree to numbers with the team he is going to? He has a Contract with us and he wants an immediate release. If it suits the Tigers, you both sign and then its done. He no longer has a Contract with the Wests Tigers. Everything after that is up to LL & NQ.

Why would any of it be Tigers problem or evidence of poor management?

Edit : To answer your question more directly, if LL's Contract was back ended and LL & his agent asked for an immediate release and signed the release, then that would be genius management by Pascoe et al and poor by LL's agent and NQ. Again, not the Tigers problem.

Yes but you're creating a whole lot of hypotheticals to support your point which are simply hypotheticals you've invented for that purpose. What we know for sure is this:

1. We announce via our website we've released him stating in the release "He will now join the Cowboys for the remainder of this season." 

2. NQ football Manager Michael Luck goes on radio this morning and said they had simply "asked the question" whether there was a chance of getting him early. There was nothing in writing and nothing even advanced for that matter. 

Have you ever seen this happen before with any other professional club or even amateur club?

You would never ....ever ask to break your contract if you didn't have another club ready to sign you

And then next point ...we don't hear of the Cowboys upper management doing dumb crap ....WT's do it almost daily ...but again I'm so happy we retained Pascoe ...Lee Hangipantelis and the rest of the board ...shrewd management call from themselves ...where would we be without them ...the fashionistas 

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Payten has cleared things up, I think showing WT management handled it appropriately: 

"We asked the question again a month ago, and both times it was a no.

"We got a call out of the blue from the Tigers' recruitment the day before yesterday. We had to look at our figures and within 45 minutes to an hour we gave them a call back and verbally agreed. Within 45 minutes to an hour there was a public statement put out by the other party.

"It's not signed off on yet, but I expect it will be.

"There are still some things to happen. He needs to get a medical, he needs to sign his termination clause, and we haven't actually drawn up a contract yet either. That's what's happened and that's where it's at.”

ReplyQuote
Page 128 / 1067
Share: