Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @avocadoontoast
Posted by: @mike

Apparently we released him before NQ agreed and before the release was registered with the NRL. Are we the most incompetent organisation in the world?

Cowboys Head of Football also spoke on SEN this morning. He basically said that the Tigers released him when they haven’t even come to an agreement on who pays what for this year.

Absolute amateurs. Such an unprofessional organisation headed up by Lee & Pascoe 

I've said it a million times before - Pascoe is not up to running a professional sporting team. He's a moron.

Possibly true, but two things can be true at once....

Let me throw a hypothetical at you....

LL is on $ 600,000.00 per year (plucked the figure out of the air). The season is half done. Luki gets injured and Cowboys knock on the door. Cowboys do their maths and figure he will cost approx $300k on the cap this year. Cowboys, LL and agent knock on Tigers door..."Will you release LL form his contract so he can come to us?".

What if......LL's contract is massively backended. What if....when cowboys, LL & agent asked to be released the Tigers simply said "Yep....ok"?

Wouldn't this hypothetical scenario play out pretty much as it is now? Why is this all of a sudden the Tigers problem?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Apparently we released him before NQ agreed and before the release was registered with the NRL. Are we the most incompetent organisation in the world?

Cowboys Head of Football also spoke on SEN this morning. He basically said that the Tigers released him when they haven’t even come to an agreement on who pays what for this year.

Absolute amateurs. Such an unprofessional organisation headed up by Lee & Pascoe 

Why is this necessarily the Tigers problem. If LL and his manager approached the Tigers for an immediate release from his Contract and it suits the Tigers and they agree. That is the end of the story. THe rest is up to LL & NQ to sort out.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

I've said it a million times before - Pascoe is not up to running a professional sporting team. He's a moron.

LL is on $ 600,000.00 per year (plucked the figure out of the air). The season is half done. Luki gets injured and Cowboys knock on the door. Cowboys do their maths and figure he will cost approx $300k on the cap this year. Cowboys, LL and agent knock on Tigers door..."Will you release LL form his contract so he can come to us?".

What if......LL's contract is massively backended. What if....when cowboys, LL & agent asked to be released the Tigers simply said "Yep....ok"?

Wouldn't this hypothetical scenario play out pretty much as it is now? Why is this all of a sudden the Tigers problem?

Do you think announcing the release of a player prior to lodging the release with the NRL and prior to agreeing to numbers with the team he's going to is good business? Or do you think it's further evidence that Pascoe is a massive idiot? I'm going with option 2.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Do you think announcing the release of a player prior to lodging the release with the NRL and prior to agreeing to numbers with the team he's going to is good business? Or do you think it's further evidence that Pascoe is a massive idiot? I'm going with option 2.

Why do the Tigers have to agree to numbers with the team he is going to? He has a Contract with us and he wants an immediate release. If it suits the Tigers, you both sign and then its done. He no longer has a Contract with the Wests Tigers. Everything after that is up to LL & NQ.

Why would any of it be Tigers problem or evidence of poor management?

Edit : To answer your question more directly, if LL's Contract was back ended and LL & his agent asked for an immediate release and signed the release, then that would be genius management by Pascoe et al and poor by LL's agent and NQ. Again, not the Tigers problem.

ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2021/09/20/fijian-rugby-sevens-duo-to-join-cowboys-for-2022-season/

https://m.facebook.com/tsvblackhawks/videos/taniela-sadrugu-showed-plenty-of-promise-in-his-first-hostplus-cup-matchthe-fiji/1253644188498688/

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2022/05/23/three-cowboys-run-for-170-metres-in-hostplus-cup/

We should be asking for Sadrugu in exchange. Looks to be improving in what is a very short time in RL.

Im not actually sure if he is part of their Top 30. If he is not then we should just get him down here. We need cover in the second row

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Why do the Tigers have to agree to numbers with the team he is going to? He has a Contract with us and he wants an immediate release. If it suits the Tigers, you both sign and then its done. He no longer has a Contract with the Wests Tigers. Everything after that is up to LL & NQ.

Edit : To answer your question more directly, if LL's Contract was back ended and LL & his agent asked for an immediate release and signed the release, then that would be genius management by Pascoe et al and poor by LL's agent and NQ. Again, not the Tigers problem.

Yes but you're creating a whole lot of hypotheticals to support your point which are simply hypotheticals you've invented for that purpose. What we know for sure is this:

1. We announce via our website we've released him stating in the release "He will now join the Cowboys for the remainder of this season." 

2. NQ football Manager Michael Luck goes on radio this morning and said they had simply "asked the question" whether there was a chance of getting him early. There was nothing in writing and nothing even advanced for that matter. 

Have you ever seen this happen before with any other professional club or even amateur club?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Yes but you're creating a whole lot of hypotheticals to support your point which are simply hypotheticals you've invented for that purpose. What we know for sure is this:

1. We announce via our website we've released him stating in the release "He will now join the Cowboys for the remainder of this season." 

2. NQ football Manager Michael Luck goes on radio this morning and said they had simply "asked the question" whether there was a chance of getting him early. There was nothing in writing and nothing even advanced for that matter. 

Have you ever seen this happen before with any other professional club or even amateur club?

I completely disagree with you. Yes I have provided a hypothetical above in which it would have been a great bit of management (saving on a backended deal) but you do not need a hypothetical in this case, the fact and the truth bear it out.

LL had a Contract to play NRL with the Wests Tigers. LL and his manager approached the Tigers and asked for an immediate release from his playing Contract. The Tigers granted him an immediate release from his Contract. Full stop, period, end of story. There is nothing hypothetical in this.

Everything that comes after that has NOTHING to do with the Wests Tigers. If NQ dont have room for him under the cap, thats a sad story for NQ & LL. It is not the Wests Tigers problem and I cant see where or why the Tigers have a liability or an obligation.

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I completely disagree with you. Yes I have provided a hypothetical above in which it would have been a great bit of management (saving on a backended deal) but you do not need a hypothetical in this case, the fact and the truth bear it out.

LL had a Contract to play NRL with the Wests Tigers. LL and his manager approached the Tigers and asked for an immediate release from his playing Contract. The Tigers granted him an immediate release from his Contract. Full stop, period, end of story. There is nothing hypothetical in this.

Everything that comes after that has NOTHING to do with the Wests Tigers. If NQ dont have room for him under the cap, thats a sad story for NQ & LL. It is not the Wests Tigers problem and I cant see where or why the Tigers have a liability or an obligation.

That's fine that you disagree, but I think it's another example of incompetence by an administration that have a strong record of unprofessionalism. We literally sent out a statement saying he was released to go and play for the Cowboys which, at the time, was not true.  It's just garbage stuff from a bunch of amateurs pretending to be business leaders. Pascoe is a complete moron who has no place running a professional sports team. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

That's fine that you disagree, but I think it's another example of incompetence by an administration that have a strong record of unprofessionalism. We literally sent out a statement saying he was released to go and play for the Cowboys which, at the time, was not true.  It's just garbage stuff from a bunch of amateurs pretending to be business leaders. Pascoe is a complete moron who has no place running a professional sports team. 

Totally fine that we have differing opinions on this, and I dont have a particularly high opinion of Pascoe or the board, other than potentially the decision to let him go early, what have the Tigers done wrong? why do the Tigers need to sort out NQ & LL's problems?

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Totally fine that we have differing opinions on this, and I dont have a particularly high opinion of Pascoe or the board, other than potentially the decision to let him go early, what have the Tigers done wrong? why do the Tigers need to sort out NQ & LL's problems?

I have no issues with releasing him - I think he's been awful for ages and am happy to see the back of him. But going off half cocked and releasing a statement saying he was released and joining the cowboys (when the deal hadn't been done for him to join the Cows) is sloppy. It's just so amateurish.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I have no issues with releasing him - I think he's been awful for ages and am happy to see the back of him. But going off half cocked and releasing a statement saying he was released and joining the cowboys (when the deal hadn't been done for him to join the Cows) is sloppy. It's just so amateurish.

Ok then, now we are out of the realm "you are entitled to your opinion", you are just wrong (geniunely meant with respect). If you are happy with the Tigers releasing him, then they have not done anything sloppy or amateurish. LL & his manager asked for a release and the Wests Tigers granted it. End of story. Yes in the release the Tigers said he will "join NQ" this season but that is not the Tigers responsibility. We are not going to pack his bags and drive him to the airport. After all parties sign the release, the rest of it is up to LL, his manager and NQ.

I agree there has been sloppy and amateur management but its by LL's manager and the NQ management. Not WT problem. As confuscious said 'If a monkey leaps from a tree, he better have a branch to land on". If LL & NQ screw this, I hope the Tigers make him sit the season out.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

My understanding of how a release works is similar to that of Tigers5150. Player asks for a release from his contract, club agrees after considering payout fee/compensation and then that player is no longer affiliated to the club. What happens thereafter is Luch and his manager’s problem. I don’t think it is up to Wests Tigers to ensure that Luch has a club to go to.  Back luck if the Cowboys have no cap space. I think they may be trying to cover up their own incompetence.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Ok then, now we are out of the realm "you are entitled to your opinion", you are just wrong (geniunely meant with respect). If you are happy with the Tigers releasing him, then they have not done anything sloppy or amateurish. LL & his manager asked for a release and the Wests Tigers granted it. End of story. Yes in the release the Tigers said he will "join NQ" this season but that is not the Tigers responsibility. We are not going to pack his bags and drive him to the airport. After all parties sign the release, the rest of it is up to LL, his manager and NQ.

I agree there has been sloppy and amateur management but its by LL's manager and the NQ management. Not WT problem. As confuscious said 'If a monkey leaps from a tree, he better have a branch to land on". If LL & NQ screw this, I hope the Tigers make him sit the season out.

Nah I'm not wrong at all. It was handled in a sloppy and amateurish way which is very on brand. No other professional organisation would do this and it's garbage. If that sort of management is up to your standards good for you, it's way below the standards that i'd expect from a professional organisation. Hell I operate my own company to a much higher standard than that.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Why is this necessarily the Tigers problem. If LL and his manager approached the Tigers for an immediate release from his Contract and it suits the Tigers and they agree. That is the end of the story. THe rest is up to LL & NQ to sort out.

You make a good point however wouldn’t you think it would still include Wests Tigers to negotiate the terms of the release. He still has a contract registered with the NRL with the Wests Tigers. I would think that unless he has a contract somewhere else that both teams have agree too, he still has a binding contract with Wests Tigers? One for the lawyers maybe. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Nah I'm not wrong at all. It was handled in a sloppy and amateurish way which is very on brand. No other professional organisation would do this and it's garbage. If that sort of management is up to your standards good for you, it's way below the standards that i'd expect from a professional organisation. Hell I operate my own company to a much higher standard than that.

What.Did.They.Do.Wrong? you keep saying sloppy and amateurish. What should they have done differently. Once the decision is made to let him go, I genuinely dont see a problem.

Call the Uber late? Not pack his undies? He asked for a release, we granted it. The release is not conditional on NQ. If NQ screw up, he could play for someone else. Not the Tigers problem.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 126 / 1067
Share: