Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

It all comes down to price really. I don’t think he’s a superstar by any means but he’s a solid back up. If the Dolphins offer him good money he should go. We don’t want to be spending a lot on back ups.

TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

agree with others sign Madden up long term and loan him out for 2023 at least.

Brooks Hastings and Douhie contracts all expires end of 2023 don't they ? so it gives the club time. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Thomas Mikaele released immediately to join English super league 

This may mean young Dykes from sharks is coming

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Or Lodge from the Warriors 

Tiger5150 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Wests Tigers prop Thomas Mikaele has been released from his contract to join the UK Super League, effective immediately.

Mikaele has signed a two-and-a-half year deal to play in the UK’s top flight competition after spending the last three and a half seasons with Wests Tigers.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe says the club wishes Mikaele all the best with his future.

I speak on behalf of all at the club in thanking Thomas for his contributions over the past few years and we wish him all the best with his future in the game.”

Coach Michael Maguire has echoed Pascoe’s comments, “It’s a good opportunity for Thomas and he leaves our club with the very best wishes.

I'm sure we'll see Thomas back in the NRL at some stage"

Mikaele’s exit frees up one place in Wests Tigers 30-man playing roster which is expected to be filled in the coming weeks.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2022/05/22/mikaele-released-to-join-uk-super-league/

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Very happy for Thomas he will be great over there. I think Lodge maybe announce tomorrow.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

hearing through a police mate who is acquaintance with Lodges old man that it is lodge we are signing

Avo, Kenny4517 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Lodge makes sense.  A year ago I would have been against it, but he does have impact and presence that we lack. Would add something.

Kenny4517 and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @mike

Or Lodge from the Warriors 

First thing I thought too.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Lodge makes sense.  A year ago I would have been against it, but he does have impact and presence that we lack. Would add something.

He’s a quality forward, there’s no doubt about that. I’m pretty excited to get lodge to be honest. Our pack for ‘23 is looking good

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

He’s a quality forward, there’s no doubt about that. I’m pretty excited to get lodge to be honest. Our pack for ‘23 is looking good

I wouldnt be surprised if he came here for the rest of the year and then to the Dolphins (father in law is Peter Sullivan and Wayne Bennett loves him) next year.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

I wouldnt be surprised if he came here for the rest of the year and then to the Dolphins (father in law is Peter Sullivan and Wayne Bennett loves him) next year.

I couldn’t see the sense in that from our side. We’re not a contender this year. We need him for more 23 and beyond more than this year.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I couldn’t see the sense in that from our side. We’re not a contender this year. We need him for more 23 and beyond more than this year.

Hard to argue with you. I just dont see him going anywhere but Dolphins, but the timing of him and Mikaele seems suspicious.

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

@tiger5150 I think dolphins have said no already 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

@tiger5150 I think dolphins have said no already 

However, the Sydney Morning Herald reports that the Dolphins won’t be able to afford Lodge due to the club already shelling out big coin to veteran forwards like Felise Kaufusi and the Bromwich brothers.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 110 / 916
Share: