Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @helmesy

SHOOSH

Which experienced NRL forward is not expected to be at his club next season, despite being contracted and having played more than 20 games this year for the top 8 side?

https://youtu.be/bbxFdt1xBbE

Needs to grow his hair back, and Klem needs to shave his

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Rudolf was managed by Richo's son until very recently.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Perhaps to stop any perceived conflict of interest if he comes here you reckon? 

I remember hearing that Fitzgibbon had a good chat to Rudolph about his confidence and that is why he finished the year off well. If he comes here then let's hope that is permanent.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Feels like things are adding up

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @canberratiger

Perhaps to stop any perceived conflict of interest if he comes here you reckon? 

I remember hearing that Fitzgibbon had a good chat to Rudolph about his confidence and that is why he finished the year off well. If he comes here then let's hope that is permanent.

Have a look at the stories Buzz had about the Richo and Faataape connection.

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Fwiw - the few sharks fans in my social group were united in being disappointed that Hunt was leaving and wishing it were Rudolf instead. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @russtutty63

I’m not sure if this kind of thing is allowed under the anti-tampering laws but I wonder if the Tigers have thought of going to the Sharks & offering them Bateman at say $350,000 the next 2 years. And asking if they’d be willing to release Wilton to us, we pay full freight for him, probably around $400,000 next year. We could incentivise the deal for Wilton by offering him maybe $500,000 the following 2 years.  It would free up a little money for the Sharks enabling them to maybe keep one of their star players who can talk to other clubs Nov.

And a Sharks pack of:

AFB
Brayley
Kaufusi
Nikora
Bateman
McInness

is still a strong pack. 

Why muck around with Wilton when Nikora is off Contract at the same time? Id love the Tigers to have a BIG go at Nikora. He is exactly what we need (after buying one or two props).

If you read an earlier post from me I put Nikora as one of two players I’d love to have at the club 2026. The reason I mentioned Wilton as part of a swap deal is that I know the Sharks would want to keep Nikora more than Wilton & Wilton has a connection with Morris. I no point did I suggest Wilton is better than Nikora, in fact Nikora, as you know, is in the best 2 or 3 edge backrowers in the game. I’d even think of shifting Samuela back to the pack if we could get Nikora & we couldn’t get a better middle. Would lose nothing on that edge & Samuela could be a gun prop if given time there. I very much doubt any of this will happen, the swap or Nikora coming here but they’re things I’d like to see happen, just ideas throwing up for discussion more than anything. 

This post was modified 3 days ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

In terms of middles that are, or might be, available now there is Thompson (the pick of them), Hazleton & Kaufusi both have options at Sharks but have heard nothing at the moment in regards to them, Brodie Jones not sure about him, Lodge, Tapau & Maclean probably best of the others but any of those 3 would be short term deals if any deal at all was offered.  I think if the Tigers could pick up one of those first 3 mentioned they’d be doing ok for next year. Thompson or Kaufusi would be ideal but I highly doubt either will be at this club next year. If we were to sign Hazleton or Jones then we would surely be able to upgrade both Pole & Sione enough to keep them at the club. If Pole wants to leave, and I’m not sure he does, then we must go in big for Thompson or Kaufusi imo. I think Pole, Thompson & Kaufusi would be highly sought after on the open market & I think we would have enough room in the cap to match, or better, any offers other clubs could make. I believe Fonua’s partner plays for the Harvey Norman Tigers so whether or not that plays a part in what he does in the future I don’t know but it could. I’d say his manager has told him to wait & see what offers are made in Nov’ before signing anything. Unless there’s a huge offer elsewhere (where?) then I think he’ll stay. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I think the storm might have to lose a prop. Nelson, King, Welch, Lazarus, kamikamica, stef. Also talk they are after pole. If pole is going to storm in 26 then maybe room for a swap for 25 for one of their older but more established names

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I think the storm might have to lose a prop. Nelson, King, Welch, Lazarus, kamikamica, stef. Also talk they are after pole. If pole is going to storm in 26 then maybe room for a swap for 25 for one of their older but more established names

The Storm certainly will keep NAS, Bellamy was lost without him in the GF. They have approx $1.5 mill in NAS & Stef. They have extended Chan & have a couple of good young guys coming through the feeder clubs. They also will have to upgrade Loiero & King who can talk to other clubs Nov’ & who they will want to keep. That will be about $2.5 mill in four middles alone, NAS, Stef, King & Loiero. If they went for Pole that’d be approx $3 mill on 5 middles & $3.5 mill + on their spine, $6.5 mill on 9 players. That’d leave $5 mill for 20 players. I doubt Pole is a target. My thought are Pole & Kaufusi are both in the same boat. Their managers telling them “Don’t sign anything yet, there will be offers so let’s look at those first.”

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

In terms of middles that are, or might be, available now there is Thompson (the pick of them), Hazleton & Kaufusi both have options at Sharks but have heard nothing at the moment in regards to them, Brodie Jones not sure about him, Lodge, Tapau & Maclean probably best of the others but any of those 3 would be short term deals if any deal at all was offered.  I think if the Tigers could pick up one of those first 3 mentioned they’d be doing ok for next year. Thompson or Kaufusi would be ideal but I highly doubt either will be at this club next year. If we were to sign Hazleton or Jones then we would surely be able to upgrade both Pole & Sione enough to keep them at the club. If Pole wants to leave, and I’m not sure he does, then we must go in big for Thompson or Kaufusi imo. I think Pole, Thompson & Kaufusi would be highly sought after on the open market & I think we would have enough room in the cap to match, or better, any offers other clubs could make. I believe Fonua’s partner plays for the Harvey Norman Tigers so whether or not that plays a part in what he does in the future I don’t know but it could. I’d say his manager has told him to wait & see what offers are made in Nov’ before signing anything. Unless there’s a huge offer elsewhere (where?) then I think he’ll stay. 

I don't believe Pole will stay.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

The Storm certainly will keep NAS, Bellamy was lost without him in the GF. They have approx $1.5 mill in NAS & Stef. They have extended Chan & have a couple of good young guys coming through the feeder clubs. They also will have to upgrade Loiero & King who can talk to other clubs Nov’ & who they will want to keep. That will be about $2.5 mill in four middles alone, NAS, Stef, King & Loiero. If they went for Pole that’d be approx $3 mill on 5 middles & $3.5 mill + on their spine, $6.5 mill on 9 players. That’d leave $5 mill for 20 players. I doubt Pole is a target. My thought are Pole & Kaufusi are both in the same boat. Their managers telling them “Don’t sign anything yet, there will be offers so let’s look at those first.”

Melbourne will look to move NAS on at some point. His contract is just too long for them to keep him until its conclusion.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Melbourne will look to move NAS on at some point. His contract is just too long for them to keep him until its conclusion.

He is on big money & nearing the end of his career but Welch, Kamakamica & King are older so I’m not so sure NAS will be going anywhere soon. And Bellamy did admit they missed him in that GF, as you know & most others know, he adds a big point of difference as very few like him. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

He is on big money & nearing the end of his career but Welch, Kamakamica & King are older so I’m not so sure NAS will be going anywhere soon. And Bellamy did admit they missed him in that GF, as you know & most others know, he adds a big point of difference as very few like him. 

If you look at how the Titans were able to get Tino from the Storm  then it’s probably not a bad way to look at acquiring a top class middle. The Storm did poach Cooper Clarke from Wests Magpies Matts a couple of years ago and have been developing him down there the past 2 seasons. I don’t know what kind of contract they have him on or how good he’ll be but you know what the Storm are like when it comes to talent identification. He’s still a teen but been doing very well in their feeders. Doubt he’d be another Tino but you never know. But right now we don’t need another kid do we. But if you can find the next Tino you’d be doing alright. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

I would be looking at Kamikamica. Has a Fijian connection and would not be one massive money. A big body that can play minutes and set a platform. Not necessarily Type A predator but a decent balance for us if we retain Pole .

ReplyQuote
Page 1086 / 1090
Share: