Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @russtutty63

Anyone heard anything about Sio Siua Taukeiaho lately? Was talk of him joining the Dogs last year but he had a foot injury. 33 next year but has played less than 200 games so might still have something to offer, can kick goals too. 

I have always rated him but a 33yo with a serious foot injury sounds right up our alley.

From two weeks ago…

Siosiua Taukeiaho's potential return to the NRL with the Canterbury Bulldogs is gaining momentum as the club considers offering him a lifeline. Canterbury coach Cameron Ciraldo is keeping a close eye on Taukeiaho's rehabilitation and training progress ahead of the 2025 pre-season.

Thanks Joel, was wondering what was going on with him.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@tiger5150 If he got that foot right he’d be ok for a one year contract. Not too bothered about his age, he’s played less than 200 games so you’d think he’d have year or two of good footy in him. Would be ideal in helping mentor younger forwards. But if he goes anywhere looks like Dogs.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

i haven’t given up hope that Richo is working under the radar like with Luai and Turuva. From memory RCG had a big falling out with Cleary so idea that he will go back to Penrith seems odd. Add to that the Titans already have representatives in their front row. Unless he has said straight out that he doesn’t want to play for us I can’t see why we aren’t in the frame. I think we need either RCG or Nelson to save the off season

@tigertownsfs

I'm pretty sure RGC said he didn't want to play with us when he signed with Parra. And has made other negative comments about us since. I'd be very surprised if we signed him.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @barra

i haven’t given up hope that Richo is working under the radar like with Luai and Turuva. From memory RCG had a big falling out with Cleary so idea that he will go back to Penrith seems odd. Add to that the Titans already have representatives in their front row. Unless he has said straight out that he doesn’t want to play for us I can’t see why we aren’t in the frame. I think we need either RCG or Nelson to save the off season

@tigertownsfs

I'm pretty sure RGC said he didn't want to play with us when he signed with Parra. And has made other negative comments about us since. I'd be very surprised if we signed him.

Almost feels he’s going out of his way to not come here 😂

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @barra

@tigertownsfs

Almost feels he’s going out of his way to not come here 😂

Gee I can't understand why. Very strange

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

He has signed with the Titans.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

amazing. Tino, Moeaki and RCG

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

amazing. Tino, Moeaki and RCG

Desi putting together a handy pack. Fifita & Fermor on the edges probably.

This post was modified 21 hours ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

You look at storm prop depth: Nelson, Welch, King, Kamikamica, this Lazarus giant kid and now Stef. We have Klem, Twal, Pole and Hunt….

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

You look at storm prop depth: Nelson, Welch, King, Kamikamica, this Lazarus giant kid and now Stef. We have Klem, Twal, Pole and Hunt….

The Storm are terrific at talent identification and they can also afford to be very patient in developing the talent they identify, Papenhuyzen, Howarth and maybe even Grant and Hughes are great examples of this. And because they are successful and have a great system and resources these young players are also willing to be patient. In fact I think they have a Wests junior they spotted in Matts a couple of years ago, Zakauri Clarke's younger brother whose name escapes me but he's a prop and apparently he's developing very nicely down there so can probably be expected to make a debut next year as well. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

It’s bonkers how we just signed all these 16 year olds to multi year deals that guaranteed top 30 contracts before they even turned 20. I knew pascoe and Lee were terrible but their actions have left a roster that is bent out of shape for several years because they gave away top 30 slots for free

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

we have 10 players in our top 30 that would not make a top 30 at virtually any other club: TDS, Faagatu, kit, Luke L, saukuru, sukkar, tumeth, miller in our top 30. TDS, maybe Luke should be top 30

hsvjones and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

we have 10 players in our top 30 that would not make a top 30 at virtually any other club: TDS, Faagatu, kit, Luke L, saukuru, sukkar, tumeth, miller in our top 30. TDS, maybe Luke should be top 30

Out of that lot, Id have TDS, LL and Millar locked up (whether that needs to be top 30?). Chris Faagatu was regarded as a junior superstar, Im stillhoping he can make it. The rest expendable.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Out of that lot, Id have TDS, LL and Millar locked up (whether that needs to be top 30?). Chris Faagatu was regarded as a junior superstar, Im stillhoping he can make it. The rest expendable.

miller is barely NSW cup quality let alone top 30. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

miller is barely NSW cup quality let alone top 30. 

But, could be something imo.

ReplyQuote
Page 1071 / 1072
Share: