Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Another one off the bus. Thanks Aidan.

Hull FC have signed Wests Tigers half-back Aidan Sezer on a two-year deal.

The 33-year-old spent two seasons with Huddersfield Giants and the same with Leeds Rhinos between 2020 and 2023.

The Australian is the eighth new signing the Black and Whites have made for next season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/articles/c20l0rvm2pvo.amp

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

what about selwyn cobbo could we be in for a shot with him ?

I'd love to move klemmer on but who would take him ?

Cobbo or Staggs will either stay at Broncos or the Roosters will come in with a big offer. Always thought Cobbo was the kind of player they’d love to have, is big, can play centre, wing & fullback & they’ll be needing players on those positions over next couple of years. 

This post was modified 7 days ago by Russtutty63

Teddy_S and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

1. Bula

2. Skelton

3. Olam

4  Cobbo 

5. turuva

6. Galvin

7. Luai 

good enough backline to make the semis

Now do the forwards.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@teddy_s)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @helmesy

Another one off the bus. Thanks Aidan.

Hull FC have signed Wests Tigers half-back Aidan Sezer on a two-year deal.

The 33-year-old spent two seasons with Huddersfield Giants and the same with Leeds Rhinos between 2020 and 2023.

The Australian is the eighth new signing the Black and Whites have made for next season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/articles/c20l0rvm2pvo.amp

Don’t you mean through the shredder or mincer 😂🤣

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@avocadoontoast This is the issue the platform was never laid this season  , that backline will cause damage but unless the forwards are not bolstered considerably it again will be in vain! That’s the key to a successful season next year .

This post was modified 7 days ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@helmesy That’s the word opportunity hopefully a few the club are talking to see this but that can be  clouded by managers .

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@helmesy A roster spot opens that’s gold right there .

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Nofo is playing for Glebe reds in ron Massey cup final on Saturday against wentorthville at Leichardt oval

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I dont think RCG will be coming to us.

It makes no sense to Parra to release him from his Contract without having a Contract stitched up to go to otherwise he is potentially throwing $700-800K away, so he MUST have a club sorted out. It makes no sense not to announce it if its a club that is out of the finals. if it was us we would be announcing it. IMO its a club still in the finals and if I had to guess its Dogs.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @snake

@helmesy A roster spot opens that’s gold right there .

100%

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Posted by: @tiger5150

1. Bula

2. Skelton

3. Olam

4  Cobbo 

5. turuva

6. Galvin

7. Luai 

good enough backline to make the semis

Actually I had kind of already factored in Montoya. If we havent signed Montoya, then Cobb would not be overkill.

geeez I would take cobbo.over Montoya anyday if I were richo and benji

I would take Haas over Royce Hunt too, doesn't mean it's any chance of happening. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

It makes no sense to Parra to release him from his Contract without having a Contract stitched up to go to otherwise he is potentially throwing $700-800K away, so he MUST have a club sorted out. It makes no sense not to announce it if its a club that is out of the finals. if it was us we would be announcing it. IMO its a club still in the finals and if I had to guess its Dogs.

this makes alot of sense 👍

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Gus spoke very positively about RCG on his weekly podcast yesterday.

I'd be happy enough if there are no WT signings announced before Nov 1. It seems like there will be a lot of horse trading over the summer?

Brent read says Cronulla have $5mill worth of talent coming off contract on 1 November and that many of them will have to leave with AFB coming on big money

He says Oregon Kaufusi has an option in his favour for next year and that he will let the club know of his plans after the final series

https://open.spotify.com/episode/01wk8gWtWcKi8BQp93Edki?si=122b5b2d63c248e4

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tigersteve

this makes alot of sense 👍

It does but there is the other school of thought that signing RCG would go against the Dogs mo in terms of signing players. They are yet to sign any player over 30 and who has played more than 150 games although I could be wrong. They appear to look for value in terms of not only what the player might bring but also the potential longevity the player might have. They usually buy players around the mid to late 20s who have played less than 150 games, still have experience and quite a few good years in front of them. Fonua Pole, Oregon Kaufusi, Jack Williams would be more their style I’d think. I’d also add Tom Hazleton to that group (3 Sharks middles here) as his stats are pretty good too, defends well & has plenty of footy in front of him.

This post was modified 7 days ago by Russtutty63

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Looks like Dogs may have just found themselves some more room in their cap. Thank God we have Skelton signed up securely......(dont we?)

ReplyQuote
Page 1052 / 1058
Share: