Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @russtutty63

I’m hopeful Pole resigns with the club but if that turns out not to be the case I don’t think it would be a huge blow. There are other players who could be signed who could be suitable replacements, arguably upgrades as well. The difficulty would be fighting off other clubs (Eels, Dragons, Roosters & current clubs) to their signature. 

Whilst I agree with that on face value, the trouble is our pack this year was dominated pretty much every week and despite all of us being upset at Stef not playing to his potential, he was still close to our best forward and we have lost him, Pole would be a very close second. To strengthen this pack we need to retain these guys and add strength, not replace.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

I sense a bit of Richo magic and a suprise RCG signing ahead out of the blue like turuva 

MickeyB and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I sense a bit of Richo magic and a suprise RCG signing ahead out of the blue like turuva 

Ironically RCG was named the Ken Thornett Medal winner (Parra Best Player) at their awards night last night, 24hrs after announcing that they had cut him.

Pure Parra

MickeyB, Mike, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @russtutty63

I’m hopeful Pole resigns with the club but if that turns out not to be the case I don’t think it would be a huge blow. There are other players who could be signed who could be suitable replacements, arguably upgrades as well. The difficulty would be fighting off other clubs (Eels, Dragons, Roosters & current clubs) to their signature. 

Whilst I agree with that on face value, the trouble is our pack this year was dominated pretty much every week and despite all of us being upset at Stef not playing to his potential, he was still close to our best forward and we have lost him, Pole would be a very close second. To strengthen this pack we need to retain these guys and add strength, not replace.

[/quote I think Pole has a very bright future, he still learning & will get better. But looking at his stats his defence needs to be better. In his 23 games he missed 64 tackles, compared with Oregon Kaufusi at the Sharks who missed 25 in his 23 games. Kaufusi also had 27 offloads compared to Fonua’s 7. Fonua played more minutes & ran more meters & had more tackle breaks, he was also in a team that struggled compared to the Sharks who were good. I guess there are different areas to look at, players will provide different things & depends on what will benefit the balance of the team best. But both Fonua & Kaufusi are good, young props. I hope Fonua resigns but if not then there will be others who we could chase & could add value.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @helmesy

RCG would be a great replacement for Stefano, given I dint think Pole re-signs with us and I can't see us being able to offload klemmer 

I’d be very disappointed if we let Pole go.

I don't think we would let him go but there is a real possibility he leaves.

i don’t understand why Pole would leave. We have him his opportunity, managed him quite well, he continues to improve. It’s shocking to me that these guys have no sense of responsibility to give back

Better team, better coach, better chance of success. Better career generally. I don’t want Pole to go but I wouldn’t blame him for going to Melbourne. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Ironically RCG was named the Ken Thornett Medal winner (Parra Best Player) at their awards night last night, 24hrs after announcing that they had cut him.

Pure Parra

I believe Gutho was up for the award but went down in agony after tripping on a napkin on the way to the stage. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Pure Parra

Hey, they’re stealing our routine!

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

RCG would be a great replacement for Stefano, given I dint think Pole re-signs with us and I can't see us being able to offload klemmer 

i don’t understand why Pole would leave. We have him his opportunity, managed him quite well, he continues to improve. It’s shocking to me that these guys have no sense of responsibility to give back

Better team, better coach, better chance of success. Better career generally. I don’t want Pole to go but I wouldn’t blame him for going to Melbourne. 

this is literally true for every other team in the comp. By this logic anyone who is any good should always leave.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Surprise is the word, mate I would be totally surprised! RGC has only ever dis'd us publicly, it would be a backflip of monumental proportions!

That said, if we could convince him for a couple of years, I would fully support the signing as our new pack leader.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@russtutty63 You just got me angry again by reminding me of that dreadful performance he put on in the spoonbowl. He should have been trying for the next paralympics based on his supposed injury, then suddenly he jumps up and scores tries and kicks goals and celebrates with great energy. What a pork chop he is!!!!

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

NRL really needs to start penalizing players that blatantly dive to milk penalties, its a horrible look for the game. Gutho is the worst, however I have noticed the bulldogs have ramped it up this season.

Russtutty63, hsvjones, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

this is literally true for every other team in the comp. By this logic anyone who is any good should always leave.

is there any evidence to the contrary yet?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

I could live with RCG replacing Klem but I dont think we can carry both.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Players have short careers. When you’re at the start of a promising career like Pole is, you need to maximise every year of it. If you wanted to become the best you could be, you need development in a good system. Bellamy will make Pole a much better player than Benji could.

The way you retain players is to put a system in place where they don’t want to leave. We don’t have that.

Mercy Rule reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Pole is a bench forward at any team he goes to. Yeah he’s good and every team has good bench players but to say he is better off somewhere is is silly in my view. It makes me very concerned about what the hell is going on with the culture at the club. Stef, pole, Blore, papallili, joffa were all Madge recruits and together they would be a fine forward pack and now they are all gone and we have to start again. It has all been poorly managed

ReplyQuote
Page 1050 / 1059
Share: