Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

It certainly seems like the targets are Horsburg, Hunt, Bird. Certainly some moneyball signings. I hope there is a little bit more class on the radar also.

And got to save money/spots for any potential options that open up over the off season.

Hopefully we get a departing players list soon so we know how many places are open.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Need cap space for Galvin upgrade/extension

He'd be on 150k? We can offer him $1m for 5 years?

Also Pole would be on 250-300? Would want to upgrade/extend him - to 500k for 4 years?

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @frullens

For everyone other thinking things....

Just sit back and enjoy the Richo show - he has it under control

I'm confident anyone he brings in to the club - bring the right character we need, didn't block juniors and plays a identified role

Also confident anyone leaves, weren't up for the Croc Roll - and can be filled with someone who is

All good.

Hunt, Laui, Turuva, Skelton - possibly bird 

I agree and although I worry, like most, about the fitness of Hunt I don’t know him so I can’t comment on his mental toughness. He did battle on through Cup for a number of years so that shows determination to succeed & that’s a great indication of mental toughness. I like Jack Bird but, again, not for his physical attributes which are questionable at this stage of his career but for his mental toughness, I don’t think that can be questioned. And the Tigers need players who are tough under adversity. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Also Pole would be on 250-300? Would want to upgrade/extend him - to 500k for 4 years?

I thought I saw Lachie goes up to $350,000 next year but who really knows. Hopefully Richo can sort something out. Would be a great relief knowing Lachie is around for at least another 3 years wouldn’t it? Would be terrific for the community out South West & the kids who are starting to love Lachie. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
MOMO-AMP-MEDO
(@momo-amp-medo)
Junior Pathways

@frullens I’ll definitely recruit this guy as my long term budget accountant…..to see me go broke!

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @russtutty63

For everyone other thinking things....

Just sit back and enjoy the Richo show - he has it under control

I'm confident anyone he brings in to the club - bring the right character we need, didn't block juniors and plays a identified role

Also confident anyone leaves, weren't up for the Croc Roll - and can be filled with someone who is

All good.

Hunt, Laui, Turuva, Skelton - possibly bird 

I agree and although I worry, like most, about the fitness of Hunt I don’t know him so I can’t comment on his mental toughness. He did battle on through Cup for a number of years so that shows determination to succeed & that’s a great indication of mental toughness. I like Jack Bird but, again, not for his physical attributes which are questionable at this stage of his career but for his mental toughness, I don’t think that can be questioned. And the Tigers need players who are tough under adversity. 

There are obvious downsides/risks with Bird but he does always have a proper dig and does not give up.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Pole on $500K for 4 years would be a bargain.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

We can’t lose him

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @helmesy

We can’t lose him

think we will

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

We can’t lose him

Im concerned we dont have him wrapped up yet...Sione as well.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 Interesting around Pole , his manager knows exactly who would be interested this test the market is rubbish . If he really wanted to be at the club he would have signed already , if it’s about money that can’t be talked about until November even though it already probably has been. I would say he has a good offer elsewhere and it might not just be about money . It’s very important IMO that Sione is signed as keeping the brothers together should be a priority .

Joel Helmes, Jedi Tiger, Barra and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

The Pole situation has a Stef feel about it. Hopefully the recent signing of Hunt would help him stay but if he is being courted by one of the super coaches it will be an impossible task to keep him.

hsvjones and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

We can’t lose him

Im concerned we dont have him wrapped up yet...Sione as well.

think sione will want to play with his brothers so we should be ok 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@tiger5150 Yep I think he would have signed already if he was staying. I hope i'm wrong.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

weidler reporting a happy jack bird was seen leaving Concord today, perhaps he is the next signing in coming days

For those interested, Jack Bird is managed by Mario Tartak. Tartak has more WT Top 30 players than any other manager

Royce Hunt is with Pulse management who only have a handful of NRL players (Josh Curran, Jackson Ford)

https://www.instagram.com/pulse_tm/

Some good chat about WT in this week's footy podcast

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3JMBszYIpqcJfr3X3cqtyj?si=FvOi5P-pQ_uKkaR92sfBLQ

Chammas says that the Richo video from this week was designed to put pressure on Romero and Burgess to follow through on the Barnier report recommendations.

Let's hope he can get something over the line soon.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1042 / 1059
Share: