Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I don’t know what’s going on at the Sharks with the MO for Oregon Kaufusi next year but in my opinion he’d be an ideal addition for the Tigers. He’s playing the best footy of his career, has only just turned 25, played 113 games and best 3 or 4 years in front of him. Looking at Stef’s season in comparison to Kaufusi I’d think most would agree Kaufusi has had the better year and I doubt anyone would’ve seen that coming at the start of this year. He and Horsburgh would be great. 

Bula

Skelton

Olam

Turuva

Staines/Laulilii

Galvin

Luai

Pole

Fainu

Seyfarth

Kaufusi

Api

Klem

Horsbugh, Twal, Sione, TDS

*Could start Horsburgh or Pole. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Well, Hunt is in. I guess if not over $400,000 it will still leave a fair whack of cap money to spend. If he can get as fit as he’s ever been could do a job for us. 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Royce Hunt - 3 year deal official 👍

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2024/09/03/royce-hunt-to-join-wests-tigers-on-three-year-deal/

This post was modified 2 weeks ago 2 times by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Welcome big Royce!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @helmesy

Royce Hunt - 3 year deal official 👍

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2024/09/03/royce-hunt-to-join-wests-tigers-on-three-year-deal/

I can’t argue there aren’t positives around it especially if under $400,000 a year. Richo & the recruitment people seem to be not overspending so that’s good. Will leave plenty to still spend if we offload a few as well. Hunt has also only played 75 games too so not as spent as some 29 year old middles might be. If he comes wanting an opportunity to show he should be playing more & has a desire to get stuck in from day 1 than great. I’m sure this has been discussed with him as well.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Im not excited by Hunt. Not enough minutes and poor fitness. For all the "if he really gets stuck into fitness in the offseason" guys.....he is 30 next year. If it hasnt happened yet, its not happening.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

There does seem to be a bit of a “moneyball” strategy the way the club is going about things. So assuming there’d still be around 1.2 mill to spend (depending on who departs & what upgrades are done) what would people like to see happen? Horsburgh? Hetherington? An outside back? Spend some of it in a Lachie upgrade if he extends? 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

There does seem to be a bit of a “moneyball” strategy the way the club is going about things. So assuming there’d still be around 1.2 mill to spend (depending on who departs & what upgrades are done) what would people like to see happen? Horsburgh? Hetherington? An outside back? Spend some of it in a Lachie upgrade if he extends? 

I guess by upgrading & extending Lachie you’d be going outside that “moneyball” strategy as we did for Luai but if you do that wisely, as many clubs do, then it has its benefits.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

I'm not so confident we retain Pole

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I am happy with the signing. 

I have confidence that he has been signed as a solid first-grader rather than a marquee signing. The previous admin would have given him the Stef money and treated him as a marquee.

hsvjones and Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Im not excited by Hunt. Not enough minutes and poor fitness. For all the "if he really gets stuck into fitness in the offseason" guys.....he is 30 next year. If it hasnt happened yet, its not happening.

I can kind of understand the signing given he provides impact which we don’t have. But 3 years is not ideal. As you say he’s almost 30, and his minutes won’t be increasing.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

The Concord KFC will be happy .. how anyone can get excited about signing a player that has two hit ups then hands on hips and struggling . Other clubs just love the Tigers discard central ..Nothing to get excited about with this signing ! 

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

I'm not so confident we retain Pole

Yeah agree, any forward that states that they'll "test the market" already has something in the works.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @snake

The Concord KFC will be happy .. how anyone can get excited about signing a player that has two hit ups then hands on hips and struggling . Other clubs just love the Tigers discard central ..Nothing to get excited about with this signing ! 

Well... plenty have been crying out for an impact forward, and this is an impact forward!

In a perfect world we could do better but Tigers live a long way away from that perfect world.

I'll trust that Richo and Benji are making the most of what is available to us.

CanberraTiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Yes, that’s the concern. I wonder if we will play him any different to the Sharks. I also wonder about his impact early in the season when conditions are toughest & we need to start well. Can only hope he uses the opportunity to start afresh & get himself as fit as he’s ever been to show that he can make a mark on the competition. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1040 / 1058
Share: