Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@dirty-reds)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

You need to be able to be a conduit to the halves as well - Twal can't do that, and Sione hasn't exhibited that skill as of yet. Someone that can cut deep into the line and distribute out the back, and/or take a tough carry like a prop. 

We need a 13 from outside the club unless Matamua suddenly turns it around. 

I'm not overly keen on shifting a half there either, as we'll end up losing the middle forward aspect of the role. 

I actually think Jack Bird could be a pretty good #13 at this stage of his career, if he can stay fit. Unfortunately that's a pretty big if. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

You need to be able to be a conduit to the halves as well - Twal can't do that, and Sione hasn't exhibited that skill as of yet. Someone that can cut deep into the line and distribute out the back, and/or take a tough carry like a prop. 

I'm not overly keen on shifting a half there either, as we'll end up losing the middle forward aspect of the role. 

I actually think Jack Bird could be a pretty good #13 at this stage of his career, if he can stay fit. Unfortunately that's a pretty big if. 

Sone of the 13s mentioned above play the link role well whilst others like Cotter, Mann & Eisenhuth just do plenty of dirty work & generally get quick play the balls. What they are very, very good at is linespeed & taking away time for opposing middles to create momentum for their team. But their bigger middles do a good enough job to give their halves time to play. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Sone of the 13s mentioned above play the link role well whilst others like Cotter, Mann & Eisenhuth just do plenty of dirty work & generally get quick play the balls. What they are very, very good at is linespeed & taking away time for opposing middles to create momentum for their team. But their bigger middles do a good enough job to give their halves time to play. 

They all are great defenders & help create good line speed. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

They all are great defenders & help create good line speed. 

It’s a role that Kit Laulilii could play at some point as he already has great leg speed, needs to work on stamina & defence. He could do worse than to look at as many videos as possible of Rueben Cotter, both similar physical attributes. 

lestronge reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Sione has done it on numerous occasions and it looks like it comes naturally to him. For me he stays in the front row and plays that role when necessary rather than at lock where he will need to do it as the main middle. However he is very capable doing it.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

What do these guys have in common? 

Trent Loiero

Victor Radley

Isaia Yeo

Cameron McInnes

Kurt Mann/Jaeman Salmon

Jake Trbojevic

Reuben Cotter

Jack De Belin or Tom Eisenhuth

All play in the 13 role and are members of current top 8 teams. Pat Carrigan & Max Plath play in the same role and are in teams just outside the top 8, still with some hope of playing finals. All of these guys are workhorses in the middle, are very mobile and have great line speed in defence. It seems to me if you are to succeed in the NRL each team needs a player who can do this. Who can do it for Wests Tigers? Alex Twal for me could share it with Sione. 

Interestingly the Eels have extended Hopgood, no doubt making him a priority & a player they’ll try to build their pack around.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Although I’m not over the moon about all the noise surrounding the potential signings of Hunt & Horsbrough I would think both would probably come in at a cost similar to that we were going to pay Stef so a 2 for 1 deal is pretty good. With Klem probably on his last year at the club his money could be used to upgrade & extend Lachie if Lachie & his management agree. Also by the start of 2026 middles like Johannssen, Laulilii & Miller should be knocking on the door for spots in the NRL team. 

Joel Helmes and hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @snake

@helmesy We all can expect those 2 hit ups per match … if this is what Marshall is thinking and this is the high bar he sees in a player he might as well give it away … Hunt is a plodder of the highest degree ! Can only scratch the head if this is on ..

The Dennis Burgess era begins......

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Dylan Walker

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Sezer looks set to be heading to Hull FC for 2025

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Well after seeing Skelton play he already is in my Plodders list another lazy player , I really do not know who scopes these players before signing but this guy is a real disappointment after reading various posts !Will be playing reserve grade would think ..

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Snake

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Well after seeing Skelton play he already is in my Plodders list another lazy player , I really do not know who scopes these players before signing but this guy is a real disappointment after reading various posts !Will be playing reserve grade would think ..

In fairness, he did have some sort of leg injury for most of the game. I guess they left him out there because he could get through without a reshuffle & losing an interchange. 

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

Also they mainly played down their left edge, neither he nor Kiraz saw much of the ball.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)

I heard a guy in a barber shop last week, who said he was a Dog's fan, and he was very upset about losing Skelton to Tigers next year. Maybe there is more to him than was on display tonight??

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Skelton: 17 runs for 170m, 49 PCM, 3 tackle breaks, 3 offloads

not bad stats though 

ReplyQuote
Page 1038 / 1058
Share: