Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @snake

@helmesy We all can expect those 2 hit ups per match … if this is what Marshall is thinking and this is the high bar he sees in a player he might as well give it away … Hunt is a plodder of the highest degree ! Can only scratch the head if this is on ..

Is there a possibility he could be transformed into more of a mainstream prop? Better fitness?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@helmesy He already is a professional athlete.. why would he need to attain better fitness he either has the attribute to succeed or not the later seems to be the case for me … Richo said any new recruit will want to get into the crocodile roll so for me signing this guy who is overweight and seems lazy does not fit his profile but that’s my opinion .

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

On the Royce Hunt matter, I have seen him change the momentum for the sharks (positively) when he came on in a few games. I guess that is his role at the club, get on, do a few dirty hit ups and wrestle back momentum. I'm not horrified with the signing, however I'm also not jumping up and down on my sofa either. As usual the amount we paid will probably shape my reaction to the signing (if its true).

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

@helmesy He already is a professional athlete.. why would he need to attain better fitness he either has the attribute to succeed or not the later seems to be the case for me … Richo said any new recruit will want to get into the crocodile roll so for me signing this guy who is overweight and seems lazy does not fit his profile but that’s my opinion .

True, however the sharks have a fairly big group of quality forwards, so perhaps his remit is to come on and wreak havoc for 20mins and he is done, needs bulk and physicality and not necessarily endurance for this.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

IMG 4206

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

Posted by: @helmesy

-- attachment is not available --
I'm fairly confident that the To'o thing is not over. and have been saying as much since his post on insta...his manager would not have fronted up to the club if it was not true. You can tell that he has not been very happy his last few games. I also think there is more to the Turuva dropping than form and it would have pissed off both Luai and To'o, Luai probably had one of his worst games against Canberra...all is not butterflies and flowers in penrith at the moment. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

The Wests Tigers are poised to land the signing of Cronulla's Royce Hunt as they move to fill the void of prop Stefano Utoikamanu.

Daily Tele

Well, if this is true he’d have to have a huge off season & get himself very, very fit because 30 minutes a game won’t cut it these days. A quality 40 minutes at very least is needed. Mobility is poor & all the best impact middles are mobile & have good minutes in them. It is the telegraph reporting this so I’ll wait to see if it does happen. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

-- attachment is not available --
Interesting article after I posted earlier about Nelson & To’o. Let’s see what happens post season. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@helmesy We all can expect those 2 hit ups per match … if this is what Marshall is thinking and this is the high bar he sees in a player he might as well give it away … Hunt is a plodder of the highest degree ! Can only scratch the head if this is on ..

Is there a possibility he could be transformed into more of a mainstream prop? Better fitness?

It’s always possible Joel but I was thinking today about him & the Sharks. Fitzgibbon, a fitness fanatic himself, has got his team very, very fit & you need to be to compete with the Storm, Panthers etc. The Dogs have shown that. I’d say Hunt is the least fit of the Sharks middles but playing 20 or so minutes a game does some sort of job I guess. But I’d say McInnes, Kaufusi, Rudolph, Uele & Williams all have a greater impact on the games they play. I can’t think of any middle like Hunt at other clubs who plays as few minutes as him and who influences games. Leniu is arguably the best impact middle but even he is more mobile & capable of more quality minutes.  Perhaps there are others I can’t think of.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hsvjones)
Junior Pathways

I remember when Luciano Leilua can to us he was a bench player and struggled badly for mins but with the right training he become an 80 mins player. I have no issue with Hunt improving his fitness to succeed. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @hsvjones

I remember when Luciano Leilua can to us he was a bench player and struggled badly for mins but with the right training he become an 80 mins player. I have no issue with Hunt improving his fitness to succeed. 

That’s true, he was at his fittest with us and played his best football here. 

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

I'm not completely sold on the fact hunt is signed as we have been pretty good at keeping things under wraps. However if you look at the two years previous to this one, his output was much higher so I'm thinking he has been asked to do a specific role in 24 as a short minutes impact player...his PCM as a percent of total metres is pretty impressive this year so this would reflect a shorter stint bigger body type role.

ReplyQuote
(@lestronge)

Just a question … I mean hear me out here , but why can’t Hunt come and be an impact player off the bench ? Especially when we have Pole progressing nicely , Twal for all his negatives , is a rock in the middle , and Klemmer . Chuck in Fainu , Seyfarth , Miller , Faagatu … we need a. Guy to bend the line , and swing the momentum of games . 
We’ve got plenty of forward who can trundle down field . 
I get that he’s coming in under the Stef money , but he’s hardly a marquee buy ? And I don’t think the club is implying he is at all … the only ones hyping him up are fans 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by lestronge

hsvjones, Tiger Symmetry, Lorenzo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @lestronge

Just a question … I mean hear me out here , but why can’t Hunt come and be an impact player off the bench ? Especially when we have Pole progressing nicely , Twal for all his negatives , is a rock in the middle , and Klemmer . Chuck in Fainu , Seyfarth , Miller , Faagatu … we need a. Guy to bend the line , and swing the momentum of games . 
We’ve got plenty of forward who can trundle down field . 
I get that he’s coming in under the Stef money , but he’s hardly a marquee buy ? And I don’t think the club is implying he is at all … the only ones hyping him up are fans 

I personally don’t think what he would offer will make a lot of difference to the team & I’d prefer someone who would but not many around I suppose. And as you point out he won’t be on big money. I just think the game is changing to more mobile guys who can still bend the line and/or punch out long minutes of solid work. Probably more important these days to have a back three who can get sets started than a Hunt style impact forward. If we have both then perhaps he could play some role.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

What do these guys have in common? 

Trent Loiero

Victor Radley

Isaia Yeo

Cameron McInnes

Kurt Mann/Jaeman Salmon

Jake Trbojevic

Reuben Cotter

Jack De Belin or Tom Eisenhuth

All play in the 13 role and are members of current top 8 teams. Pat Carrigan & Max Plath play in the same role and are in teams just outside the top 8, still with some hope of playing finals. All of these guys are workhorses in the middle, are very mobile and have great line speed in defence. It seems to me if you are to succeed in the NRL each team needs a player who can do this. Who can do it for Wests Tigers? Alex Twal for me could share it with Sione. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Page 1037 / 1059
Share: