Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @helmesy

I get the feeling Bird is incoming. I wonder if Naden or Sullivan go the other way? Or maybe a Matamua?

Sullivan could also be a Sharks target, it appears to me like they could do with some depth in the halves.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Makasini and Large played Flegg for the first time today. The former scored, and they had a win. 

Both only 17 and obviously some conjecture over their future(s) but you'd hope we'll keep at least one of them. As such we'll need a spot or two in the top squad come 2026 or 27. So wouldn't expect much in the way of senior signings this summer in the backs. 

any colour from anyone around how they played?

Both had solid games with limited opportunities as it was mainly played through the middle. A few good carries from Masi & some nice touches from Onitoni. Player together on left edge, Onitoni at centre giving a nice little pass for Masi to stroll over first half. Both very athletic looking players, Masi quite big for a 17 year old, probably tallest of the Wests Flegg boys. Guessing he’d be about 6’3 and 90+ kgs so will be quite imposing in a year or two. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Interesting to see where we play these guys if they debut next year and if they are in the elite category that can make an impact from a young age. We would have Luallili, Bula, Taruva, Galvin, Latu, Makasini, Large, mason all competing for spots in the back line. That’s before you even consider the next level of player like Feledy etc. you can see how we could end up with the panthers conveyor belt of players in a few years if we can convince them all the hang around.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Interesting to see where we play these guys if they debut next year and if they are in the elite category that can make an impact from a young age. We would have Luallili, Bula, Taruva, Galvin, Latu, Makasini, Large, mason all competing for spots in the back line. That’s before you even consider the next level of player like Feledy etc. you can see how we could end up with the panthers conveyor belt of players in a few years if we can convince them all the hang around.

I’d think there’s no need to rush either Large or Makasini, not even sure when they turn 18 and will be eligible to play. But both could debut at some point.

ReplyQuote
(@kenny4517)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

1. Bula

2. Taruva 

3. Bird

4. Olam

5. Skelton

6. Galvin

7. Luai

8. Jamayne Taunoa- Brown 

9. Api

10.Twal

11. Klese Haas

12. Sam Fainu

13. Sione Fainu

14. Latu

15. Pole

16. Klemmer 

17. J. Chan

we just need to offload a few players, which may be hard to do.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Makasini and Large played Flegg for the first time today. The former scored, and they had a win. 

Both only 17 and obviously some conjecture over their future(s) but you'd hope we'll keep at least one of them. As such we'll need a spot or two in the top squad come 2026 or 27. So wouldn't expect much in the way of senior signings this summer in the backs. 

Only Masi scored, the announcer got the 2nd one wrong, it was the fullback Canaan who scored, announcer realised mistake later & corrected himself. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Been a bit of talk about Royce Hunt but I’d be looking at Kaufusi & Williams at the Sharks. It’s the middles they might not want to lose that interest me, not the one they do.

Joel Helmes, hsvjones, Jedi Tiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

1. Bula

2. Lualilli

3. Taruva

4. Olam

5. Skelton

6. galvin

7. Luai

8. Horsburgh

9. Api

10.klemmer

11. Bird

12. Sam Fainu

13. Sione Fainu

14. Latu

15. Pole

16. Hunt

17. Seyfarth

not bad. Not sure what the plan would be for Bird, but I assume we want him to replace Bateman. Lock remains an issue for us, I don’t think you really want to be turning Latu into a 13 just yet but perhaps you can go down that path if we sign Galvin to a long term deal. Sione seems to have potential in the link/extra middle role but I just hope if they are going to turn someone into a lock they spend the entire off season practicing that structure rather than the constant rotation we have seen over the past few years. I haven’t minded Seyfarth on the edge of recent weeks but prefer him coming on to bring energy from the bench. I also prefer Pole as a bench prop to come on and use his footwork and power after 20 min rather than being bashed around early as he isn’t the biggest guy. I kind of like the idea of Sione and Latu rotating in the 13 role, mixing up the temper as the game progresses (maybe stat Sione and being Latu on late first half) and that gives Latu a chance to play some first receiver and push Luai and Galvin wider as the game opens up. Nice to have some selection headaches.

Need to have TDS on the bench as we are over playing API.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@garry If the club does buy the right couple of forwards that are defensive Api’s work load would significantly drop , TDS should be playing reserve grade weekly as having him on the bench is a waste for a 15min cameo he would be much better served in the long run to ply his trade weekly .I think Latu at 14 has more upside can fill multiple positions !TDS would be a bench warmer …

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@russtutty63 I feel hunt is overweight and lazy just the vibe I get not really the type that is required TBH . The team needs forwards that put in big minutes with effect not a tabby you might get a good 10 mins out off .

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Hunt has two hit ups and hands on hips no thanks .. Kaufusi on the other hand come on down !

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Bula

Skelton

Turuva

Olam

Staines/Laulilii

Galvin

Luai

Latu

Samuela

Seyfarth

Klemmer

Api

Kaufusi

Twal, Sione, Pole, TDS

• Also hope we add another player, Shaun Lane would do.
This post was modified 4 weeks ago 2 times by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Bula

Skelton

Turuva

Olam

Staines/Laulilii

Galvin

Luai

Latu

Samuela

Seyfarth

Klemmer

Api

Kaufusi

Twal, Sione, Pole, TDS

• Also hope we add another player, Shaun Lane would do.

Put Latu in for Garry

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Left field suggestion…Api at lock?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

Left field suggestion…Api at lock?

With respect Joel, I think this is crazy and I am hearing various different  similar comments throughout the forum, no doubt all part of the "pick you best 17 players" mantra.

Maybe, maybe you pick your best 17, but even of you do, you have to pick the best players in their best positions.

Api is close to the best 9 in the comp and borderline the best 9 we have ever had at the Tigers. Its an important position, dont weaken it. Bula is our best fullback, put him there. Ive even heard suggestions of Galvin at 13....he is the best 6 we have had for a long time and he is going to be a first class player.

Im sympathetic to the issue of getting Latu and even Mason in the team, but people have to also calm down and remember that all of these guys are 19. In almost every other club they would not be playing first grade. IMO Latu is the most important to keep in NRL. Mason, if we can find a place for him, then good but otherwise, he is 19for gods sake and it is no crime for him to spend time in NSW cup to cut his teeth.

ReplyQuote
Page 1033 / 1059
Share: