Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Angus Crichton is apparently close to signing 

As discussed on another forum apparently Douhie might be back this week, if so hope he is fully fit and ready to go otherwise very risky

woukd love Burton for 2024

I reckon Burton is a centre or a second rower tbh so wouldn’t be going after him as a half. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@unhappy-tiger would love a Hastings and Burton halves pairing 2024 

Between Douhie and Brooks it is about 1.4 million maybe more 

Flick Douhie and Brooks and go hard for a game breaking fullback or centre, Stephen Crighton or Farnworth or Taylan May or something 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@loganr21 Burton wants 6 though 

He could make a good number 1 

I love Brooks and Douhie is good too but geez if we can change things up in 2024 go for it

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

If getting Crichton and keeping Hastings is dependent on Madge staying then tell Hastings and Crichton to get lost. We are 2 from 10 for gods sake. I cannot believe how accustomed and accepting of losing we have become as fans. Barrett has been fired with the same record as Madge but Madge is in year 4! He took over a team that finished 9th the year before and now we're competing for the wooden spoon.

People on here are applauding effort as a pass mark for the coach to keep his job, whilst blaming the roster for our poor performances? News flash people, he's in his 4th season - he signed or re-signed every single player on this terrible roster. He shouldn't be given more time to fix the mess he created. What a joke.

Cqtiger and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @unhappy-tiger

Peoples thoughts on Daine Laurie

I just don't see it ...particularly on a consistency basis ...and now injuries are becoming an issue ...he doesn't seem to have say a Hodgson's durability 

Yes we need a real quality backrower and a centre .....but fullback has to be a major priority 

Do you see Daine Laurie playing 25 Rounds and then winning a premiership in any side .....I say no ...sorry 

This is an interesting question. He’s not had the advancement in year 2 and the benefit of a full offseason. He’s certainly not consistent.

On the plus side he’s shown that he can make a difference to the team when he’s ‘on’ – safe under the high ball, good defender, reads the play well, quick enough. Injuries have been to his lower legs through unlucky tackles. Overall I think he can get to next level and become a reliable first grader – he’s only coming up to his 23rd birthday and hopefully can put on some weight to be more resilient and dangerous.

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

If getting Crichton and keeping Hastings is dependent on Madge staying then tell Hastings and Crichton to get lost. We are 2 from 10 for gods sake. I cannot believe how accustomed and accepting of losing we have become as fans. Barrett has been fired with the same record as Madge but Madge is in year 4! He took over a team that finished 9th the year before and now we're competing for the wooden spoon.

People on here are applauding effort as a pass mark for the coach to keep his job, whilst blaming the roster for our poor performances? News flash people, he's in his 4th season - he signed or re-signed every single player on this terrible roster. He shouldn't be given more time to fix the mess he created. What a joke.

I think the difference with Barrett is he was a poor at Manly and couldn’t get the Dogs to fire after they’ve turned over the roster through buying some of the best cattle available. And maybe sacking people isn’t always the right thing for your organisation – things didn’t end well for Kevin Moore, Des, Dean Pay and now Barrett.

Our team want to play for Madge and routinely talk him up/are committed which has been surprising now we are 1/3 into the comp with little to show for it. I don’t think I’ve become accustomed to the side losing but there aren’t many better alternatives available (Ciraldo is a done thing at Bulldogs I reckon). If Madge is finally the reason to retain and attract better/top talent then we should stick with him because that's the only way you'll play finals in a comp with no draft.

While Madge did sign and retain some duds - those duds were the only ones available who actually wanted to come or stay here for the money club management thought they were worth.

I think we are heading into a better space - good stuff coming through pathways, Centre of Excellence is open, players/player managers know they will get paid because the club is financial, and the coaching department has growing advocacy.          

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Crichton could be a cornerstone signing if it eventuates, he may attract others. As for Burton, great player but I don’t know if he is a six just yet, very damaging runner at centre though.

Skippa13 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

The other position we will need to upgrade is prop ...assuming we don't resign Tamou and lose Mikaele to the Dolphins we will need at least 2 props as well 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

The other position we will need to upgrade is prop ...assuming we don't resign Tamou and lose Mikaele to the Dolphins we will need at least 2 props as well 

At this point I'd be open to giving Tamou one more season but would like to see how he finishes out the season as I thought he was starting to show signs of fatigue on the weekend.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Mac_Tiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

Crichton could be a cornerstone signing if it eventuates, he may attract others. As for Burton, great player but I don’t know if he is a six just yet, very damaging runner at centre though.

Im not that fussed about Burton. Very good player but I see him as a better version of AD. Good and versatile but doesnt nail down a position. Having said that this backline would be the most skilled and creative in the NRL

1. Laurie

2. Winger

3. AD

4. Burton

5. The other winger

6. Brooks

7. Hastings

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @garry

At this point I'd be open to giving Tamou one more season but would like to see how he finishes out the season as I thought he was starting to show signs of fatigue on the weekend.

Does he want to go around again?

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

Posted by: @garry

If you weren't cooked on Sunday you weren't having a dig ......he was good again 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Thoughts on JWH for 2yrs? He is getting on (33, 1 month younger than Tamou) but still posting massive stats for the roosters (170m run, 50 post contact and a try last weekend). Comes from a strong culture and you bring JWH and Crichton together as a package to set the bar of the young crop. 

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Thoughts on JWH for 2yrs? He is getting on (33, 1 month younger than Tamou) but still posting massive stats for the roosters (170m run, 50 post contact and a try last weekend). Comes from a strong culture and you bring JWH and Crichton together as a package to set the bar of the young crop. 

I like the idea of bring 2 or 3 players from the same top level club (storm, Panthers or roosters)

Newcastle got from bottom into the 8 by signing 3 or 4 Roosters players- all at the end of their career but bought in a winning culture and leadership 

JWH would be an amazing forward leader, which would hold the standards at the club. I pushed hard last year for us to sign finucane. JHW is the closest we could get to a Finucane signing.

Would need to pass a thorough medical and be on appropriate dollars. 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@frullens I think finucane was a good Miss plenty of HIA's he won't last 2 years let alone 4 I think

Cqtiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 103 / 1066
Share: