Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Chammas is reporting tigers are talking to Big Red, Corey H. Allegedly he is on 750k a year for a further 3 years at Canberra.

if tigers can offer him 350k and get Canberra to chip in the rest e.g. 400k then a good signing 

If subsidised & maybe 1 year with a CO. Under those circumstances could be worth a crack, maybe could come good discipline wise under a less emotional coach & be given the opportunity to get his career back on track, if not, it’s not a lot lost but would take up a spot. Would still allow us to find a middle, Williams, Kaufusi maybe & an edge. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Chammas is reporting tigers are talking to Big Red, Corey H. Allegedly he is on 750k a year for a further 3 years at Canberra.

if tigers can offer him 350k and get Canberra to chip in the rest e.g. 400k then a good signing 

If subsidised & maybe 1 year with a CO. Under those circumstances could be worth a crack, maybe could come good discipline wise under a less emotional coach & be given the opportunity to get his career back on track, if not, it’s not a lot lost but would take up a spot. Would still allow us to find a middle, Williams, Kaufusi maybe & an edge. 

Just thinking about this it’s probably too risky given we’re seen as an ill disciplined team already. And it’d be hard for him especially as he’ll be baited so much. We need to be as disciplined as we can next year because that hurt us a lot this year. Blokes who become easily frustrated probably aren’t a good fit for us. So, I’d prefer we looked elsewhere.

Criz and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @helmesy

What about Latu at centre?

thought about that has he played there at all ? not sure how his defence would hold up. Don't mind the idea of latu at 13 from the bench 

problem I would have with Latu on the bench to ultimately play 13 is that he is taking a bench spot away from a forward. IMO TDS has the 14 seat locked in for next year and the other three must be forwards (preferably middles IMO).

problem is if we dont play latunin the 17 and Galvin announces he is leaving then we are in deep strife. 

Then you play Latu at 13 (assuming halves are filled).

tds is very good but we have probably the second best 9 in the game in Api I don't know if we need to carry a 9 on the bench, tds can't play any other positions. Again if we don't play tds he probably looks for the exit lounge 

1000% percent we need a 9 on the bench. Benji is grindning Api into the ground and it is impacting our results. We have the luxury of a great young 9 that we dont lose a lot when he gives Api a break. Perfect opportunity to rest Api and extend his effective minutes in a game, let alone his career as well as give TDS valuable experience in NRL to prepare him for Api's ultimate exit.

9 & 14 should be the first spots filled for Benji every tuesday.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

So much about any elite sport is about mental toughness, many times it’s what separates the champions from the others. In my opinion any player the Tigers bring in must have shown they are mentally tough under adversity. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

So much about any elite sport is about mental toughness, many times it’s what separates the champions from the others. In my opinion any player the Tigers bring in must have shown they are mentally tough under adversity. 

The importance of mental toughness was probably something Bellamy understood early on in his career. The preseason camps & the drills undertaken under fatigue. I’d expect most coaches do this now but the culture is already installed at Storm & winning has become the result of it. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@russtutty63 

Kurt Mann is different ro most. Even NaCl at St George I said he was pound for pound the strongest in the comp. He is an animal. IMO he was always going to be a good lock of given the chance.

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Off topic but I’ve just been given some work in Penrith, Jack Williams Drive. Omen? Probably not but thought it was kind of ironic. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

@russtutty63 

Kurt Mann is different ro most. Even NaCl at St George I said he was pound for pound the strongest in the comp. He is an animal. IMO he was always going to be a good lock of given the chance.

I didn’t know that but he’s certainly very fit. I do think the transition to the middle has also been made easier for him because of his experience. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I’d take a punt on Corey. Let Latu dominate in cup beside seizar and cover for Galvin when he leaves

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Off topic but I’ve just been given some work in Penrith, Jack Williams Drive. Omen? Probably not but thought it was kind of ironic. 

Now have work in Nelson ave. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Now have work in Nelson ave. 

Just kidding about the last one. But if they give me work in Horsburgh st I might have to reconsider my position. 

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I know we need to keep Latu in the loop but not sure that 13 will be his go unless he plays a slightly different style to those currently showing success.

Yes, he would be fine as a link man, has defence that would be up to the task and great as an extra threat but he's just not old enough or big enough to be regularly taking tough carries week after week. And guys like Yeo take a lot of tough carries.

I think Latu would get owned if he tried to do this regularly and I'm not sure it would be the right thing to do by him either. So I can't see it being successful unless the playing style is altered which would make him like a 3rd half and leave with us with only 2 middles to take tough carries.

Dirty Reds, Russtutty63, Joel Helmes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

members email just announced Montana Clifford for the NRLW team.

Surely....surely this isnt the signing Richo was talking about. Sure way to upset the fanbase if so.

hsvjones reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

lol, literally 150mtrs from me.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Russtutty63 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Corey Horsbrough apparently also being courted by the Broncos.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 1029 / 1059
Share: