Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @lorenzo

to be honest the dogs and dragons have improved however are only really where they are because of the abysmal performance this season of clubs like Parra, the broncos, Souths etc..

Dogs and Dragons are where they are because of great coaching. This a massive issue and one that I don’t think we will (or should?) address for at least 12 months 

Whether it be great coaching or generally just roster quality and depth I don’t know,but I guess you have to give credit where credit’s due.I agree wholeheartedly with your notion that we will not,and should not tamper with what’s been implemented for at least another 12 months.  
  With what acquisitions we’ve made,and the inevitably ensuing I believe there’s great cause for optimism as opposed to the thinking of some who’d choose to rip it all up and start all over again.

ReplyQuote
(@mac_tiger)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger5150

to be honest the dogs and dragons have improved however are only really where they are because of the abysmal performance this season of clubs like Parra, the broncos, Souths etc..

Dogs and Dragons are where they are because of great coaching. This a massive issue and one that I don’t think we will (or should?) address for at least 12 months 

I think both are true

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

It will be interesting to see if the Dogs dip next year or maintain this. They are going well off the back of incredible effort, something that is hard to maintain year after year. Usually team that do this get up for one year then have a bad drop before getting up again another year. Ricky Stuart teams have been the classic example of this. That's why I've always said Ricky is a poor coach as he can only get his team up every 3rd or 4th year. Ben Hunt said the dogs have no structure to their defence, it's just phenomal effort and covering each other. This can not be maintained every year IMO.

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

It will be interesting to see if the Dogs dip next year or maintain this. They are going well off the back of incredible effort, something that is hard to maintain year after year. Usually team that do this get up for one year then have a bad drop before getting up again another year. Ricky Stuart teams have been the classic example of this. That's why I've always said Ricky is a poor coach as he can only get his team up every 3rd or 4th year. Ben Hunt said the dogs have no structure to their defence, it's just phenomal effort and covering each other. This can not be maintained every year IMO.

It was the Warriors last year. 

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike and Doug Heffernan reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

RCG tapped on the shoulder and told he can leave at the end of the year. Parra will not pick up any of his contract $750k per year, not sure what the current length is though. Cows are interested but need to move Val Holmes who is now saying he wants to stay.....could be a good pick up to fill a gap for a year or two as we develop Sione, Johansen, Miller and co. Problem is we will have 2 props on big dollars who are past their prime.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

RCG tapped on the shoulder and told he can leave at the end of the year. Parra will not pick up any of his contract $750k per year, not sure what the current length is though. Cows are interested but need to move Val Holmes who is now saying he wants to stay.....could be a good pick up to fill a gap for a year or two as we develop Sione, Johansen, Miller and co. Problem is we will have 2 props on big dollars who are past their prime.

I think RCG for 750k would be a disaster.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

RCG seems to be cruising towards retirement zone. Not looking to put his body too much at risk 

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Short term and on a funded deal I'd take him. Otherwise no thanks. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Short term and on a funded deal I'd take him. Otherwise no thanks. 

Same

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

RCGs deals at 750k pa ends in 2025. Not sure how he fits with our Penrith crew, don’t he have a falling out with them?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

RCGs deals at 750k pa ends in 2025. Not sure how he fits with our Penrith crew, don’t he have a falling out with them?

RCG at $750k is Klem 2.0.

We already have Klem, Twal & to a degree Seyfarth playing that solid defence, metre tally type prop. Need an impact prop, a la NAS IMO.

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

RCG is older than Klemmer

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Was thinking about the salary cap today and how tough it must be to work around. Next year it will be 11.8 million which includes veteran, development & car allowance. I wondered how it could be broken up between the top 29 or 30 players. Obviously the example I have is just that & could be very different due to front loading contracts, back ending etc but here it is.

6 x $200,000 = $1.2 million

6 x $250,000 = $1.5 million

4 x $300,000 = $1.2 million

5 x $400,000 = $ 2 million

2 x $500,000 = $ 1 million

2 x $600,000 = $ 1.2 million

2 x $800,000 = $ 1.6 million

1 x $900,000 = $ 900,000

1 x $1.2 million 

total = 11.8 million for 29 players. Could be mixed up a little to accommodate top 30. 

Richo says the club has a war chest of $2 million which is interesting given they’ll have Luai Klemmer, Bateman, Api, Jahream all on that 700,000 - 1.2 million mark. Obviously good chance Bateman not there next year. And maybe Klemmer and the others could be front loaded but just guessing. Not sure if any could be getting 3rd party money. 
Interesting to see teams like the Dogs & Dolphins do well despite their spine players not really being on huge money yet Benji is obviously going to put a lot of faith in Luai playing a major part in helping to turn the club around & play the style he wants to implement. Shame he couldn’t keep Stef as he obviously thought he’d develop into the pack leader but he’ll have to look elsewhere now. It’s mainly for this reason I think he should be given at least the next 12 months to see what he can do with his team. To not give him the opportunity to work with Luai in particular just screams of impatience to me. 
It’s important for the club to get the right people at the club, just as important to get the right blokes on that $200,000 kind of money as much as it is to get the right marquee type guys. Need a lot more of those $200,000-300,000 blokes too and that’s why the Johannsen, Porter, Miller, Mason, Twal & Doueihi (think they’re about that $300,000 mark) etc are handy to have in the top 30 unless there are better out there of course. 
Whatever the case they’ll be plenty coming & going one would think over the next few months. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Was thinking about the salary cap today and how tough it must be to work around. Next year it will be 11.8 million which includes veteran, development & car allowance. I wondered how it could be broken up between the top 29 or 30 players. Obviously the example I have is just that & could be very different due to front loading contracts, back ending etc but here it is.

1 x $900,000 = $ 900,000

1 x $1.2 million 

total = 11.8 million for 29 players. Could be mixed up a little to accommodate top 30. 

Richo says the club has a war chest of $2 million which is interesting given they’ll have Luai Klemmer, Bateman, Api, Jahream all on that 700,000 - 1.2 million mark. Obviously good chance Bateman not there next year. And maybe Klemmer and the others could be front loaded but just guessing. Not sure if any could be getting 3rd party money. 
Interesting to see teams like the Dogs & Dolphins do well despite their spine players not really being on huge money yet Benji is obviously going to put a lot of faith in Luai playing a major part in helping to turn the club around & play the style he wants to implement. Shame he couldn’t keep Stef as he obviously thought he’d develop into the pack leader but he’ll have to look elsewhere now. It’s mainly for this reason I think he should be given at least the next 12 months to see what he can do with his team. To not give him the opportunity to work with Luai in particular just screams of impatience to me. 
It’s important for the club to get the right people at the club, just as important to get the right blokes on that $200,000 kind of money as much as it is to get the right marquee type guys. Need a lot more of those $200,000-300,000 blokes too and that’s why the Johannsen, Porter, Miller, Mason, Twal & Doueihi (think they’re about that $300,000 mark) etc are handy to have in the top 30 unless there are better out there of course. 
Whatever the case they’ll be plenty coming & going one would think over the next few months. 

I’d think there’d probably be about 13 players in that bracket of $400,000 - 1.2 million (Luai) & they’re the guys you really hope play well. Not all will but if the majority do (maybe 10 or 11 of them) and they stay fit then should be quite competitive. Lot of ifs, buts & maybes of course. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

1 x $900,000 = $ 900,000

1 x $1.2 million 

I’d think there’d probably be about 13 players in that bracket of $400,000 - 1.2 million (Luai) & they’re the guys you really hope play well. Not all will but if the majority do (maybe 10 or 11 of them) and they stay fit then should be quite competitive. Lot of ifs, buts & maybes of course. 

What will make it extra difficult for Richo & the recruitment team is the timing of the new franchise as well as clubs like the Roosters & Eels needing to renew their rosters. Lachie is obviously going to be in demand at a few clubs & will be offered very big money to leave, a big chance he will leave. Talyn might also be offered big money to leave so the great, young fellas mightn’t want to be part of building success at the club. That’s why so important to build a connection to their local community now & sell that to them as much as possible. They can always look at other clubs in 4 or 5 years if they believe they need a change. Fortunately Latu is at the club for another 3 years & there other good 9s coming through the system.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1021 / 1066
Share: