(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Ok it could be about money lol

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Blaze Talagai reported to be going to Penrith - I assume to play centre-5/8. Penrith might need to free up cash

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @helmesy

Facebook rumour 🙄 JAC to Tigers, Stefano to dogs

That would break me. We need size on the wings. JAC is small and past it

ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@tigertownsfs 

I’ve read Blaze could be on his way to the tigers, but take that with a grain of salt as I seen it on FB 

ReplyQuote
(@westy81)
Wests Tigers Supporter

@doug-heffernan 

i agree, he isn’t as good as he was at the storm, his best years were at the storm, he is nothing special at the moment 

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

Posted by: @westy81

@doug-heffernan 

i agree, he isn’t as good as he was at the storm, his best years were at the storm, he is nothing special at the moment 

injury prone, yet still burns many a player with his speed. I wouldn't pay overs for him however wouldn't say no either. 

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

I'll be very disappointed if Addo Carr is the signing Richo was hinting at. I'd be delighted if it was Talagai but I would be in paradise if it To'o.

Somehow I'm bracing for Addo Carr. It's how we roll.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tigersteve

I'll be very disappointed if Addo Carr is the signing Richo was hinting at. I'd be delighted if it was Talagai but I would be in paradise if it To'o.

I am fearing that it will be someone like Jack Bird

Tiger5150 and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Posted by: @russtutty63

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

There could be something in this To’o talk.

What would you pay him?

I'd pay him 700k best yardage winger in the game and had a hell of a good origin series and if he comes to Concord he get to be with his mate luai 

I’d go higher than that, I’d blow any other club out of the water for this guy. You don’t need high impact prop if u can get To’o. Plays 80 mins at high level, doing what some props can only do for 30 minutes & 20 minutes stints. Post contact is awesome. He’ll get things rolling. Good outside backs who can follow what he does & your pack only needs to work hard from that point. But I doubt very, very much the Panthers would let him go, they know what he means to them.

Ivan has been blessed with a very strong pipeline of talent, especially wingers and centres, oddly what they seem to always have to go to market for are forwards, so other than Nathan and Edwards the reality is they need to spend the vast majority remaining on forwards, they lost Critta and have not missed a beat...when they are on they look a better team than when he was playing with them. So whilst I'm a bit skeptical that they would let To'o go, it does make some sense....only if they have made a play for Stef, or someone similar that may be looking to move.

I agree if Stef went there they might not be able to upgrade To’o but if Stef goes elsewhere then I think they could do some upgrade but I’m guessing as we all are. Just sounds to me like a manager agitating for that upgrade which I think is reasonable given how good he is. 

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

What are your thoughts after the news Talagi going to Panthers? JAC more the likely one or even Skelton I’d think but what does it tell you about To’o if anything at all?

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

What are your thoughts after the news Talagi going to Panthers? JAC more the likely one or even Skelton I’d think but what does it tell you about To’o if anything at all?

Is Talagi to panthers now official? I can't find it anywhere. I think To'o is a real possibility in that he's keen to link with life long mates. Panthers will be impossible to deal with. Apparently they hold the high moral ground on players breaking contracts but aren't as officious when it comes to coaches!! So this is where Richo earns his money - to negotiate To'o out of his current deal. 
I do think we'll end up with Addo Carr or someone like him though 

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

Posted by: @westy81

@doug-heffernan 

For me it's about balance of the team. At the moment we are crying out for an outside back with power and go forward. Adding someone like Ado Carr does nothing for us. If we had big centres and a big winger on the other side then JAC would be good.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Tiger_Alex
(@tiger_alex)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @lorenzo

There could be something in this To’o talk.

What would you pay him?

Whatever it takes to get him, he aint a normal passive winger, looks for the ball and makes ridiculous metres consistently, short but solid under the high ball and teams dont want to kick to him anyway also an exceptional finisher. Teams and players have been trying to clone his game for a few years now. very rarely injured and the difference between his best and worst is very slim.

I will second the whatever it takes $$$...

Just think on this one for a minute Luke Laulili'i who has a very similar body shape and style will be able to learn the yardage and wing play from the best... therefore any $$$ it takes to get To'o here would be worth it if we can then improve Luke and get him to a level anywhere near to To'o

Lorenzo, Joel Helmes, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Is Talagi to panthers now official? I can't find it anywhere. I think To'o is a real possibility in that he's keen to link with life long mates. Panthers will be impossible to deal with. Apparently they hold the high moral ground on players breaking contracts but aren't as officious when it comes to coaches!! So this is where Richo earns his money - to negotiate To'o out of his current deal. 
I do think we'll end up with Addo Carr or someone like him though 

looks pretty damn near certain talagi to penrith to play 6 perhaps 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

JAC is a better winger than Staines and Luke L 

a wing option of JAC and Turuva would be good

hoping it is Brian T but not holding my breath 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1014 / 1066
Share: