Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

good judge on the other forum

saying we are looking at taylan may if he can get his contract re registered with nrl. 

He also seems to think latu fainu as a 13 for 2025 and Bateman will not be back I  2025

he also seems to think Stefano to Penrith 

perhaps that opens up too to Tigers 

Interesting re May, and Bateman is 100/1 to ever be seen at Concord again.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @mike

@mike if we get the spoon again next year are you still sticking with the plan? Galvin will be gone then too.

I’ll make a bet with you. If we get the spoon next year (2025) I won’t post anything on the this forum for the whole of 2026. If we don’t get the spoon next year you won’t post anything on this forum for the whole of 2026. Still want to take the bet?

Youre on. But only if Marshall stays coach.

No qualifications… It’s a simple bet. I’m up for it are you?

but I don’t think we’ll get the spoon if Benji is gone. I think we’ll improve. I think we will if he remains for the year. Tbh I’m happy to not post in 2026 regardless of the result because I’m not really enjoying watching or discussing wests tigers anyway.

So you don’t want to take the bet then?

How about we just make it easier and I make this my last post on the forum forever? 

Avo out.

I hope that’s not the case

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Taylan can play. Would be cheap

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

@mike if we get the spoon again next year are you still sticking with the plan? Galvin will be gone then too.

I’ll make a bet with you. If we get the spoon next year (2025) I won’t post anything on the this forum for the whole of 2026. If we don’t get the spoon next year you won’t post anything on this forum for the whole of 2026. Still want to take the bet?

Youre on. But only if Marshall stays coach.

No qualifications… It’s a simple bet. I’m up for it are you?

but I don’t think we’ll get the spoon if Benji is gone. I think we’ll improve. I think we will if he remains for the year. Tbh I’m happy to not post in 2026 regardless of the result because I’m not really enjoying watching or discussing wests tigers anyway.

Gents, let’s have good conversation without the betting. Judging any coach is not an exact science, we all have our own way of looking at this game, that is the beauty of it. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Please be true about Bateman not coming back, the game has passed him by unfortunately.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @helmesy

There could be something in this To’o talk.

What would you pay him?

I'd pay him 700k best yardage winger in the game and had a hell of a good origin series and if he comes to Concord he get to be with his mate luai 

I’d go higher than that, I’d blow any other club out of the water for this guy. You don’t need high impact prop if u can get To’o. Plays 80 mins at high level, doing what some props can only do for 30 minutes & 20 minutes stints. Post contact is awesome. He’ll get things rolling. Good outside backs who can follow what he does & your pack only needs to work hard from that point. But I doubt very, very much the Panthers would let him go, they know what he means to them.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @russtutty63

What would you pay him?

I'd pay him 700k best yardage winger in the game and had a hell of a good origin series and if he comes to Concord he get to be with his mate luai 

I’d go higher than that, I’d blow any other club out of the water for this guy. You don’t need high impact prop if u can get To’o. Plays 80 mins at high level, doing what some props can only do for 30 minutes & 20 minutes stints. Post contact is awesome. He’ll get things rolling. Good outside backs who can follow what he does & your pack only needs to work hard from that point. But I doubt very, very much the Panthers would let him go, they know what he means to them.

Ivan has been blessed with a very strong pipeline of talent, especially wingers and centres, oddly what they seem to always have to go to market for are forwards, so other than Nathan and Edwards the reality is they need to spend the vast majority remaining on forwards, they lost Critta and have not missed a beat...when they are on they look a better team than when he was playing with them. So whilst I'm a bit skeptical that they would let To'o go, it does make some sense....only if they have made a play for Stef, or someone similar that may be looking to move.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

You've lost me already

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

What would you pay him?

Still the burning question is WHY would he come here? 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @lorenzo

What would you pay him?

Ivan has been blessed with a very strong pipeline of talent, especially wingers and centres, oddly what they seem to always have to go to market for are forwards, so other than Nathan and Edwards the reality is they need to spend the vast majority remaining on forwards, they lost Critta and have not missed a beat...when they are on they look a better team than when he was playing with them. So whilst I'm a bit skeptical that they would let To'o go, it does make some sense....only if they have made a play for Stef, or someone similar that may be looking to move.

Something has happened with Stephen Crighton. He always looked like he was going to be a superstar, incredible athlete etc but never really lit up. This season at the dogs he has really started to fulfill that promise. i wonder if it is coaching? Extra responsibility away from the Clearys etc?

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @lorenzo

What would you pay him?

Something has happened with Stephen Crighton. He always looked like he was going to be a superstar, incredible athlete etc but never really lit up. This season at the dogs he has really started to fulfill that promise. i wonder if it is coaching? Extra responsibility away from the Clearys etc?

Its obvious Ivan structures the attack and playing style of the team around Nathan (and it has worked) however smothers the rest of the skilled players in the team....look how good Jerome was when the shackles were removed, even when Nathan was injured he was putting 7's in that would mimic Nathans style, they had some success, mainly off their defence however did not dominate in attack, they both got injured so he was finally forced to play Jerome at 7 and we saw what he has and we also saw Penrith dominate in attack. this is one of the main reasons i believe Jerome has decided to move on.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

You've lost me already

the guy seems to have pretty good mail 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @Anonymous

What would you pay him?

and $$$$

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

What would you pay him?

Benji, Luai, Api & Truvua is why he would come here. 

Westy81 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Topic starter  

What would you pay him?

This is not about money, he is already the highest paid winger, he is unhappy that his mates will not be at Penrith next season. This has been an issue since around the origin period.

It is 100% To'o reps pushing this.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1013 / 1066
Share: