Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’m definately taking in Too. He is a winner and has a great attitude. He was an absolute beast in origin and it really changes the dynamics of what your forwards can provide when your back 3 get you out to the 40 in the first couple of tackles. I think  much stronger back 3 extends the career of someone like klemmer who can be a meter eater if he is on the front foot. Luke Lailili is still only just 18, he has plenty of time to develop behind genuine superstars. Taruva could also make a move into centre or fullback so there are some options to make room for the kids when they are genuinely ready. 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

I don’t think Benji is the issue, in my mind the real problem is the years of ingrained acceptance of poor performance. A coach of Madges’ style should have fixed this but couldn’t for whatever reason, he may not have had the support. So changing the coach without addressing the real problems will have little affect. I do see some improvement with the moving on of players like Ice, Bateman, AJ etc but not enough as yet. Bateman, Ice, Stef amongst others should have seen reserve grade action earlier this year.  Some say that these players can’t be dropped because we have no depth but picking under-performers each week sends a bad message and continues the cycle.  There are signs of change albeit slowly.

Mike, TigerSteve and Lorenzo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Another who might become available is Brandon smith

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @yanni

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Get To'o, replace Benji with BA, get RCG and Paulo for the middle and we're already a much much better team. 

Mate stop banging on about getting BA he had 10 years at parra got into one GF yet after 22 games you want to get rid of Benji. You and others have gone on about never following through on plans 22 games in you want to change again. How is getting rid of Marshall now going to help us and make us look to potential recruits. BA is not the answer not even close 

firstly, this is a forum, I’ll bang on about whatever I want. BA took a team on the bottom of the ladder to a grand final. He’s an actual coach, unlike Benji. And his ability to recruit would be far better in my opinion. 22 games is enough to see if someone has what it takes as a coach, and he is so so far off nrl standard it’s not funny.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Get To'o, replace Benji with BA, get RCG and Paulo for the middle and we're already a much much better team. 

Mate stop banging on about getting BA he had 10 years at parra got into one GF yet after 22 games you want to get rid of Benji. You and others have gone on about never following through on plans 22 games in you want to change again. How is getting rid of Marshall now going to help us and make us look to potential recruits. BA is not the answer not even close 

lets not forget the quality of the squad BA had for those 10 years, they should have performed much better than they did. A bit like Robbo at roosters, has had a premiership winning squad for al bar maybe 2 of the years he has been in charge and generally underachieved in my opinion.

We shouldn't really be judging Benji on the crap roster he has for the most part inherited. I give him till mid season 2025 and if we are not better and by that i dont necessarily mean top 8 (depending on who we get between now and then) than i will jump on the lets blame Benji bandwagon.

Twal, To’a, Sullivan, Klemmer, Faatape, Bateman, Staines all signed or re-signed under Benji. They’re all a big part of the problem. So he is absolutely to blame for part of the roster

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Bulldogs have shown you can recruit genuine quality and get results. They are also doing very well in NSW cup and lower grades. Rather than try and play for 18yr olds and expect to win, buy a genuine first grade team, keep contracts short for the bulk of the squad and bring the best kids through when they are ready. The number of kids in our top 30 who can’t play first grade is criminal

Avo and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

firstly, this is a forum, I’ll bang on about whatever I want. BA took a team on the bottom of the ladder to a grand final. He’s an actual coach, unlike Benji. And his ability to recruit would be far better in my opinion. 22 games is enough to see if someone has what it takes as a coach, and he is so so far off nrl standard it’s not funny.

BA is a terrible coach. Couldn’t coach himself out of wet paper bag. Totally clueless on what todo with real talent. 

Yanni and Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

There could be something in this To’o talk.

What would you pay him?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @helmesy

What would you pay him?

if he can maintain his form he is worth $600-$700K minimum

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

What would you pay him?

I'd pay him 700k best yardage winger in the game and had a hell of a good origin series and if he comes to Concord he get to be with his mate luai 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

given benji some good players in the backline this would be decent 

1. Bula

2. Staines 

3. Olam 

4. Turuva

5. Too 

6. Galvin

7. Luai 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

What would you pay him?

I'd pay him 700k best yardage winger in the game and had a hell of a good origin series and if he comes to Concord he get to be with his mate luai 

hooper saying he is on $625k. What is he worth? Not that much more. 

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

@mike that’s rubbish Mike. Took a team that came last to a grand final, top 8 most years. Developed young players brilliantly. Respected by the players. He’d be a huge upgrade.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

given benji some good players in the backline this would be decent 

1. Bula

2. Staines 

3. Olam 

4. Turuva

5. Too 

6. Galvin

7. Luai 

need to replace Staines.

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)

Posted by: @tiger5150

What would you pay him?

if he can maintain his form he is worth $600-$700K minimum

Totally agree. And he’s easily worth that much to us. He’s one of the best wingers in the comp. If we can get him it’s a no brainer

ReplyQuote
Page 1010 / 1066
Share: