Wests Tigers Signin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Wests Tigers Signings and Rumoured Signings

(@tgrzmn)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I actually saw them try (to polish a turd) on Mythbusters. It can't be done! 🤣 🤣 🤣 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Tigers backrower John Bateman had an ugly public bust-up with coach Benji Marshall following last week’s loss to the Rabbitohs and was set to be dropped before he decided this week to head home to England.

That’s according to Fox Sports’ James Hooper who revealed the pair had a heated exchange in the dressing room in front of the playing group following Saturday’s 42-28 loss to Souths.

The Englishman shocked the rugby league world when it was confirmed he was headed home after being loaned to Super League club Warrington for the remainder of this season, before returning to Australia to see out the remaining two years of his Wests contract.

“There’s been a blow-up since their game against South Sydney on the weekend where he and Benji have had quite a public set-to in front of the other players,” Hooper said on Fox League’s NRL360.

“He let Benji know in no uncertain terms that he thinks Benji treats the senior players as though they’re rookies and he treats the rookies as though they’re senior players.

“So, they’ve had a big bust up.”

Fox Sports

Explains why he wasn’t at the post game press conference!

This post was modified 2 months ago by Joel Helmes

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

“He let Benji know in no uncertain terms that he thinks Benji treats the senior players as though they’re rookies and he treats the rookies as though they’re senior players.

If true then bravo Benji because that is exactly how they are playing.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

With all due respect Joel,that explains nothing until it comes from a credible source! A classic case of NRL 360 reportage.Hooper howls with the wolves and has all the credibility of a pimp.Here he is again to pumping chaos and strife at the Tigers narrative.Bottom feeder. 
  Anasta in his position at 360 on one hand,and as player manager on the other,is a walking,talking conflict of interests.I’m just tired of the kickings we keep copping from this  stinking outfall.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @tiger-symmetry

With all due respect Joel,that explains nothing until it comes from a credible source! A classic case of NRL 360 reportage.Hooper howls with the wolves and has all the credibility of a pimp.Here he is again to pumping chaos and strife at the Tigers narrative.Bottom feeder. 
  Anasta in his position at 360 on one hand,and as player manager on the other,is a walking,talking conflict of interests.I’m just tired of the kickings we keep copping from this  stinking outfall.

Well, if they had a blow up straight after the game that would explain why Doueihi stood in for him at the press conference.

Fox Sports now also reporting Bateman may be at Souths next year.

Looks like he’s played his last game for us.

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)

Well that explains why Bateman was not in the post match presser and AD took his place. If true than could be a masterstroke from Benji, these guys are not going to walk on their own so a solid shove is required and a payout is preferable to carrying a % of their salary on our cap. Now what do we do about Klemmer?, in my opinion Bateman is cooked and is better suited to the Super League comp. Klemmer on the other hand I still believe has something to offer, just needs to be fired up, he still has the physical presence and started the year well but has faded badly, I don't think we will get our moneys worth from him, however I do think he could still offer something. I don't see our forwards playing as a single group and supporting each other, there seems to be a bit of dysfunction between them and I do know that Bateman can be a polarizing figure, so lets see where this takes us. Ice gone, Bateman hopefully gone Klemmer a swift kick in the backside or to the shredder, Stef seems to have a foot out the door and the rest are on peanuts...Richo will have one hell of a war chest to work with and I do think we may see some decent forwards pick ups as teams start positioning their squads for next season, surely the Sharks for example need to shed a few to fit AFB, same with the storm if they get Stef, I don't know how the dogs can afford $800k for Stef with the Tupouniua pick up, and the other superstars they have in their squad.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @lorenzo

Well that explains why Bateman was not in the post match presser and AD took his place. If true than could be a masterstroke from Benji, these guys are not going to walk on their own so a solid shove is required and a payout is preferable to carrying a % of their salary on our cap. Now what do we do about Klemmer?, in my opinion Bateman is cooked and is better suited to the Super League comp. Klemmer on the other hand I still believe has something to offer, just needs to be fired up, he still has the physical presence and started the year well but has faded badly, I don't think we will get our moneys worth from him, however I do think he could still offer something. I don't see our forwards playing as a single group and supporting each other, there seems to be a bit of dysfunction between them and I do know that Bateman can be a polarizing figure, so lets see where this takes us. Ice gone, Bateman hopefully gone Klemmer a swift kick in the backside or to the shredder, Stef seems to have a foot out the door and the rest are on peanuts...Richo will have one hell of a war chest to work with and I do think we may see some decent forwards pick ups as teams start positioning their squads for next season, surely the Sharks for example need to shed a few to fit AFB, same with the storm if they get Stef, I don't know how the dogs can afford $800k for Stef with the Tupouniua pick up, and the other superstars they have in their squad.

Re the Bulldogs - Gould buys them, then works out how to fit them in. 

I agree re the forwards not working as a team, I think it’s also the more senior guys not synchronising.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @lorenzo

Re the Bulldogs - Gould buys them, then works out how to fit them in. 

I agree re the forwards not working as a team, I think it’s also the more senior guys not synchronising.

They're just not good enough, that's the problem. Klemmer is too old, Bateman looks cooked, and Twal and Seyfarth should be 4th choice forwards or in reserve grade.

Stef is just not as good as his wraps, and I think it's a bit because of his size. He looks like he'd be a dominating player. But if he was 5ft9 and 100kg putting out the exact output, he'd be on 300-400k. 

Lorenzo and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)

@avocadoontoast 

The thing is Klemmer isn't too old. He is only 30. It's just that he is a cat 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @doug-heffernan

@avocadoontoast 

He has caught the dreaded ‘Plodder’ virus since landing here.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@avocadoontoast 

yeah forget Corona virus… plodder virus is very strong at WT 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

@avocadoontoast 

Seems to be terminal unfortunately. No cure for his performances.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

@avocadoontoast 

Lets be real and above that. No NRL player, let alone one who has represented NSW & Australia is a cat. Lets be better than that.

Dirty Reds reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Crawley seems to think possibility Bateman to souths next year... no facts just a feeling lol

these blokes make up stories all the time lol

good result if true though 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Crawley seems to think possibility Bateman to souths next year... no facts just a feeling lol

these blokes make up stories all the time lol

good result if true though 

Yeah, I just hope he’s right 😂

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1002 / 1046
Share: