Kelma Tuilagi to Ma...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Kelma Tuilagi to Manly in 2023

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Manly’s Peter Peters has apparently confirmed on radio this morning that Tuilagi will join the Sea Eagles in 2023.

That’s disappointing.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Can’t keep them all I suppose. I’d be interested if we were happy to let him go or fought hard to keep him

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tigersteve

Can’t keep them all I suppose. I’d be interested if we were happy to let him go or fought hard to keep him

Yes, maybe Manly offered him a deal we couldn’t match (they seem to have plenty of cap all the time). 

So that’s two backrowers gone for 2023 and one coming in.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

very disappointing

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

According to the official site he was off contract at the end of 2022.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/wests-tigers/kelma-tuilagi/

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

So hard these days to align yourself to players. I was playing footy through the era of Pearce, Elias, Sironen, Brooks, Roach etc. one club players who inspired me to play footy. Many other clubs were the same at that time. Think Parra, think Manly. You could align with players - Sterling, Price, Cronin. Lyon, Menzies Toovey etc. 

We have been lucky in a way having Farah and Marshal who were sort of life long Tigers.

But it’s getting less and less and harder and harder. It ads to the divide between player and fan and thus, club and fan. It breaks down the essence of tribalism which is what fuels passionate sport following. I know it won’t change but it’s a pity

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@helmesy That’s disappointing news to wake up to.Kelma scored a slick try against Manly in the trial last year if my memory serves me.Des must have black booked him.

I was a little surprised given how we played that he wasn’t afforded greater opportunities.Manly may have unearthed a sizeable nugget here.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Harvey
(@harvey)
Junior Pathways

Sign one, lose 2. Our recruitment is still questionable at best

LoganR21 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 77)

A little disappointing, yes, but then again look at the development players we’ve got coming into the team next year.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigerlily I agree,the decision is obviously dependent upon who is coming through.We have a few diamonds in the rough ourselves.Im sure Sheens and cohorts weigh their options pretty carefully in regards to retention.Besides,you can’t keep em all.unless you’re a particular club operating east of the Coke sign!hehe

ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)

@tiger-symmetry that’s funny! I just posted almost the exact same comment on The Ambush Facebook page. Bloody rorters!!

ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

We'll take Schuster or Olakau'atu of their hands..

Then KICK EM OUT..

Believe this when it's official..

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@tigersteve Haha too right.That’s one hell of a potent backline.Go from Teddy through to halfback and do a conservative estimate.....then look at their second stringers...wow,shake of the head!

ReplyQuote
(@kiwitiger)
Junior Pathways

A week ago i was thinking how in 23 our 2nd row might look good. Ipaps and blore start and kelma off the bench. Now blore misses a year mostlikely and kelma leaves. 

Could the rl gods just give us a break.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

I think that’s a pretty bad loss tbh. Shows a lot of potential and with Blore being very prone to injuries, we only have one proper backrower next year in Papali’i

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6
Share: