Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hopes for Joe Ofahengaue in 2022?

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @beachtiger

I wonder if he trains in such a way that coaches see a damaging edge back rower in him but that doesn’t translate to match day.

He appears to have attributes that suit the position but seemingly can’t put it together.

However given continuity and a simple role to play I think he can be a very good prop and hopefully that’s where we see him for the whole season. 

His lateral movement in defence is not strong enough to play in an edge. So i agree he needs to be in the prop rotation.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Definitely a middle man and needs to lead the line speed in defence to show the younger forwards first grade line spped

Mike, Garry and TigerSteve reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @peter-a

Definitely a middle man and needs to lead the line speed in defence to show the younger forwards first grade line spped

Good post mate, I agree.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

It's funny because to me Joffa looks too small to play prop, often seen him get pushed back and not hot hard in tackles.

But I just looked him up he's 6'3 and 115kg which exactly the same as The Ute.

So what's the go? Does he not have the mongrel?

Either way, expecting more from Joffa as a senior forward

Top 8 2023

Mike and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
 earl
(@earl)
Junior Pathways

I like Joe O but to me he lacks something special. Not big enough for a starting or impact prop. To me is a lock forward but he doesn't have that class to his game. I expect him to be released at the end of his contract at the latest. He'd offer plenty of value to other teams though.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @earl

I like Joe O but to me he lacks something special. Not big enough for a starting or impact prop. To me is a lock forward but he doesn't have that class to his game. I expect him to be released at the end of his contract at the latest. He'd offer plenty of value to other teams though.

He lacks lateral movement in defence to truly handle the backrow.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: