Hopes for Joe Ofahe...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hopes for Joe Ofahengaue in 2022?

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

It was a bit of an underwhelming contribution from Joe O in 2021.

Thus he seems a bit of a forgotten commodity heading into the new season.

Can he come good for us? What’s his best position? Where do you see him playing in 22?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

MickeyB reacted
(@tigertownsfs)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I think he was misused as a 13. This was classic Madge playing a 2017 game plane for a 2021 rulebook. Just play him as a prop.

LoganR21, Kenny4517, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I think he was misused as a 13. This was classic Madge playing a 2017 game plane for a 2021 rulebook. Just play him as a prop.

Spot on mate, he is a prop. Interesting thing is I had a conversation with the club when we signed him and was told that they signed him as a prop, that all his poor games for the Broncos were when they misused him in the backrow.

Then we get to this season and we are playing him in the backrow, didn't make much sense and is one of the things that made me question Madge as coach.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@furious1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Not really sure about his best position. I was happy with his signing, but underwhelmed by his performance. I was impressed at the way he tried to rally the boys and get them excited for their team mates but we need more. One thing i will say, i hate it and don't believe you get the best from a player by chopping and changing positions all the time. Jack of all trades??? No, i'd prefer master of one.

Harvey, Garry and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

He’s not an edge player. If played in the middle he’s a solid player. He’s never going to shoot the lights out but he’s a very competent middle. Definitely has a place in the top 17.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @furious1

Not really sure about his best position. I was happy with his signing, but underwhelmed by his performance. I was impressed at the way he tried to rally the boys and get them excited for their team mates but we need more. One thing i will say, i hate it and don't believe you get the best from a player by chopping and changing positions all the time. Jack of all trades??? No, i'd prefer master of one.

I agree regarding the chopping and changing, frustratingly Madge seems to pick and stick with some and continually shuffle others around.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@declan)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball Admin

I see him as a bench player who can come into the starting front row to cover injuries. I also can’t see him being re-signed beyond 2023 and hopefully someone like Tuki Simpkins takes his spot on the bench after that. Was reliable in the middle without being great in 2021 so not really expecting too much from him in 2022. 

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

He had great enthusiasm , but gave away a lot of penalties Got very excited with a few games but really lacked consistancy  But the so did the club , so whether you wait and see what more talent might bring is the big question I guess Fingers crossed 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @unhappy-tiger

He had great enthusiasm , but gave away a lot of penalties Got very excited with a few games but really lacked consistancy  But the so did the club , so whether you wait and see what more talent might bring is the big question I guess Fingers crossed 

His defence is terrible when playing on the edge, I still think he has value playing n the middle.

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

@garry Totally agree Gaz , if he can reduce the gap between his best footy and his worse footy the WT's will be far better off in 22

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

@garry Totally agree Gaz , if he can reduce the gap between his best footy and his worse footy the WT's will be far better off in 22

He also was one of the only players that displayed any passion last season, a bit sad when he was a new recruit.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)

@garry I bagged his signing big time because of his off field antics , his attitude alone proved me wrong and as you can tell by 7 or 8 posts already ,I'm rarely wrong 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

@garry I bagged his signing big time because of his off field antics , his attitude alone proved me wrong and as you can tell by 7 or 8 posts already ,I'm rarely wrong 

The only time you will be wrong is when you disagree with me lol

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I like him and we lack experience in the front row so he’s definitely in my top 17. Stephano, Twal, Joffa, musgrove (If fit) are the first grade quality front row. Tamou too old, mikaele I’m not sure will make it with us. I still think we have room for another starting prop.

Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

I like him and we lack experience in the front row so he’s definitely in my top 17. Stephano, Twal, Joffa, musgrove (If fit) are the first grade quality front row. Tamou too old, mikaele I’m not sure will make it with us. I still think we have room for another starting prop.

I prefer Mikaele to Musgrove.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: