Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Good to see some funding, but more is needed.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

About 3x more

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @mike

About 3x more

But surely that much redevelopment would destroy its charm??

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Tiger_Alex reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @helmesy

About 3x more

I’ll take comfort over charm. I might be getting soft in my old age.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @helmesy

About 3x more

Not if done with appreciation of the history. $50m is just a coat of paint and a couple of new toilets and cupboards. Hardly a dent it what really needs to be done. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mike Exactly it’s a nothing a touch up around the edges , the club is now a political football once politicians get involved . Richo needs to move forward with his stadium plan and when Leichhardt is redeveloped in the future the club can see if it will be viable . But wait it never will be as this is just another thought bubble … 

Kades79, Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

Posted by: @snake

@mike Exactly it’s a nothing a touch up around the edges , the club is now a political football once politicians get involved . Richo needs to move forward with his stadium plan and when Leichhardt is redeveloped in the future the club can see if it will be viable . But wait it never will be as this is just another thought bubble … 

Well said, agree.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Richo would need to think long and hard, if LO does recieve 50 million and Richo chooses to play out of Parramatta Stadium,

I think members backlash could be a reality by way of drop in membership by a poor season coupled with not electing to play any games despite it having a revamp. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

We can’t go back to 3 stadiums. If LO gets a significant upgrade then we have to play at least half our games there. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Richo looks on the brink of committing to Commbank for 3 years which will probably mostly cover the timeline for a LO upgrade. I guess it is 3 years of Commbank and then a call in the future but 19,000 isn’t big enough for a primary home ground.

ReplyQuote
(@kades79)
Wests Tigers Supporter

LO is our spiritual home, but, IF there is funding, so far I have read various amounts in the last 24hrs, anything from $20mill from Fed Gov and possibly $20 mil from State ( I doubt that as they have cut so much spending elsewhere)   In any case, it will take several years for the build to be completed, up to say 4 years??  In the meantime Richo can do a deal that makes some corporate $$ and for the next 3-4 years and when LO is NRL ready, we return..  Remember, we in an election year... those sneaky politcians will say anything for the next 6 months!!!

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

should be 

LO x 2

CSS x 2

Parramatta stadium x 7

magic round x 1 (for money)

we can't solely just play at Leichardt then you are ditching campbletown area. We must play games at both CSS and LO

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

should be 

LO x 2

CSS x 2

Parramatta stadium x 7

magic round x 1 (for money)

we can't solely just play at Leichardt then you are ditching campbletown area. We must play games at both CSS and LO

I don't think we should have multiple home grounds. I don't like Commbank because it is, and always will be, Parramatta's home ground. It's literally in Parramatta. We never win at Campbelltown and Leichhardt isn't suitable. Essentially we're a team that isn't NRL quality, without a home ground. If the club was a dog you'd put it down.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

Just received members update .. full speed ahead with stadium plan ,board meeting mid June ,club has not been given any details about any development.Albo rang Richo to say Feds will give 20mill nothing from Minns as yet .That 20 mill should cover other developments that Burns wants to do before any Stadium upgrade .

This post was modified 4 months ago by Snake

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

This is a brief update from the Club to keep you abreast of plans around our stadium strategy for 2025 and beyond.

Our plans have not changed since our last email to Members a few weeks ago. We have set a June 30 deadline to finalise a three-year stadium strategy and when this is locked in, Wests Tigers Members will be the very first to know about it.

There is a lot of media speculation around the potential and much-needed funding for Leichhardt Oval.

To clarify, Wests Tigers has not received any confirmation from the Federal or State Government, or local Council, that funding for Leichhardt Oval upgrades has been approved.

Furthermore, Wests Tigers has had no contact from the NRL about future funding for Leichhardt Oval.

Our CEO, Shane Richardson, did receive a phone call from Prime Minister Anthony Albanese late last week, indicating that $20M had been earmarked for a Leichhardt Oval upgrade. That pledge was made in confidence.

Wests Tigers will hold its next board meeting on Monday 17th June, and at this board meeting we expect to sign off on a three-year stadium strategy for 2025-2027.

There will be provisions within this plan to make adjustments, if and when government funding for Leichhardt Oval is approved.

As stated above, Wests Tigers Members will be the first to learn of these plans.

ReplyQuote
Page 133 / 148
Share: