Posted by: @jedi-tiger

predicting it will end up 

commbank 9 games

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game

magic round 1 game

Could be 9 at Commbank and 3 at CSS.

pretty confident  LO will get a heritage round 

A heritage game will be a big draw card and thus 13,000 crowd is too small. Listen to the Richardson ABC Grandstand interview from yesterday. It’s done as a venue for men’s NRL. 

They should offer members first chance to buy a ticket to LO. It will annoy the walkups but it’s the type of reward you want a member to be able to access. I also assume based on Richos comments that it will only be a day game. The place is too hard to manage after dark.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @helmesy

commbank 9 games

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game

magic round 1 game

A heritage game will be a big draw card and thus 13,000 crowd is too small. Listen to the Richardson ABC Grandstand interview from yesterday. It’s done as a venue for men’s NRL. 

LO holds the same as CSS around 17k 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

commbank 9 games

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game

magic round 1 game

Richardson said yesterday there is a 13,000 cap.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I wonder if Commbank will be able to support 3 NRL teams and an A League team throughout the season. The surface will get a good workout.  

I’m still holding out hope it will be one of the other 2 big stadiums. 

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

commbank 9 games

LO 1 game

CSS 1 game

magic round 1 game

Richardson said yesterday there is a 13,000 cap.

at LO ? we got 17k at the Sharks game, well if he is electing to put a cap on LO now he obviously doesn't want to play there then.  

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I wonder if Commbank will be able to support 3 NRL teams and an A League team throughout the season. The surface will get a good workout.  

I’m still holding out hope it will be one of the other 2 big stadiums. 

I'm hoping it will be Accor

Mike and Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)

Will be pretty disappointed if we move to CommBank long term, and doubt I'll head out there too often. 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

has richo commented on the crowd melee at campbletown Saturday? 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Corporate seating at Accor is atrocious, it’s a million miles away from the action. Everything about the stadium is vacuous.

whilst the members facilities are terrible at Commbank, the corporate facilities are outstanding 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Corporate seating at Accor is atrocious, it’s a million miles away from the action. Everything about the stadium is vacuous.

whilst the members facilities are terrible at Commbank, the corporate facilities are outstanding 

that's what richo is going for the corporates so commbank it probably is

I went to Accor to watch A League all stars 2 years ago and agree it is so far away like watching ants play

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

They made us fight’: How a loss to premiers sealed Turuva deal for Tigers

Christian Nicolussi
By Christian Nicolussi
May 6, 2024 — 11.08am

NRL SCOREBOARDNRLFull fixtures

Listen to this article

Sunia Turuva has revealed the Wests Tigers’ refusal to give up against premiers Penrith in Bathurst last month convinced him to sign a three-year $1.3 million deal with the club.

Panthers flyer Turuva said he was also close to joining St George Illawarra, but there was too much upside to Benji Marshall’s team to turn down.

He said the only drawback would be if the Tigers committed to calling Accor Stadium home from next year, with the venue so empty and quiet during the Panthers’ victory over Souths on Thursday that players could hear each other talk on the field.

“Watching their [Tigers] footy this year, you can tell they’re heading in the right direction,” Turuva said.

I know results haven’t been going their way, but they’ve been hanging in there for 80 minutes – the last couple of years they would have given up at half-time or with 20 minutes to go.

“I can definitely see, from the outside looking in, they’re heading in the right direction, and that’s something that encouraged me to go with them.

Sunia Turuva has revealed why he chose the Wests Tigers.

Sunia Turuva has revealed why he chose the Wests Tigers.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS

“The scoreboard might not have shown it, but they made us fight for it [in Bathurst].

“I hadn’t decided by then, and it wasn’t until coach [Ivan Cleary] gave me the week off; it was good not to focus on the footy and just focus on the contract. Big ups to ‘Ive’ for letting me have that week off to deal with that stuff.”

Turuva met Dragons coach Shane Flanagan and Tigers counterpart Marshall, whose laid-back approach reminded him of Cleary.

He also heard good reports about the club from Api Koroisau and Panthers teammate Daine Laurie, while Penrith favourite Jarome Luai will make the switch at the end of this year.

Turuva scored one try and set up two in the win over Souths, and spent the final minutes at fullback.

The Fijian is open to remaining on the wing at the Tigers, but knows he can slot into fullback and even the centres if required.

The win over Souths was played in front of 8000 fans, which skipper Isaah Yeo said felt more like 4000 fans.

“Hopefully, we can pack it out a bit more than they [Souths] did on Thursday night,” Turuva said when reminded the Tigers could be playing at the Sydney Olympic Park site permanently.

“When we went out there, we could hear each other talking. In a packed-out stadium, you can’t talk to the guys next to you. It was a bit of a weird one.”

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Change looms for Magic Round as Manly dump 'home' game

May 13, 2024

Manly feel they are at a disadvantage with a 'home' game against the Broncos in Brisbane each year. (Jono Searle/AAP PHOTOS)

The NRL may have to convince several clubs to move a home game to Magic Round next year, as teams weigh up their options for 2025.

Manly have become the first team to tell head office they will not renew their deal to play a 'home' game in Brisbane next year, after having hosting rights since 2018.

Canberra and Wests Tigers are also considering their plans, with no deal signed yet beyond 2024.

For the Raiders, a decision is likely to hinge on whether they are taken to Las Vegas at the start of the 2025 season.

The Tigers are considering their entire stadium strategy for next year, with a decision to be made next month.

The joint-venture have already ruled out taking more games out of Sydney, with Tamworth off the cards for 2025 and Magic Round the only possible exception.

Cronulla, the Warriors and Gold Coast have agreed to stay on as home teams, and are locked in until the end of 2027.

South Sydney and Melbourne are likely to join them on three-year agreements.

The NRL pays clubs around $350,000 a year to move a home game to Magic Round, with Penrith keen to be an option next season while BlueBet Stadium is unavailable.

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

You should not have to play a QLD team if you sacrifice a home game for magic round.

Jedi Tiger, TGRZMN, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @lorenzo

You should not have to play a QLD team if you sacrifice a home game for magic round.

100% All the QLD teams should be playing a home game during Magic Round. 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Posted by: @lorenzo

I thought the whole point of magic round was to have more games played n QLD (Qld teams get an extra home game each year.  I might be in the minority but I can’t the see the “magic” of magic round.

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 131 / 148
Share: