Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Home ground Thread

(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

@frullens in it’s current state Leichhardt isn’t up to scratch. 

viewing is poor from GA areas 

grandstands are small with limited seating 

corporate areas are substandard 

the change rooms for home, away and refs are all substandard 

I’ve noticed Darcy is pushing for an upgrade from the government and apparently has a master plan coming however it needs major work to be considered acceptable in the modern market. The occasional game yes but for a professional team as the home ground it doesn’t meet requirements. 

I assume you're a regular in the main stand at CSS where everyone has to stand for someone to get past? it's appalling.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mercy-rule

@frullens in it’s current state Leichhardt isn’t up to scratch. 

viewing is poor from GA areas 

grandstands are small with limited seating 

corporate areas are substandard 

the change rooms for home, away and refs are all substandard 

I’ve noticed Darcy is pushing for an upgrade from the government and apparently has a master plan coming however it needs major work to be considered acceptable in the modern market. The occasional game yes but for a professional team as the home ground it doesn’t meet requirements. 

I assume you're a regular in the main stand at CSS where everyone has to stand for someone to get past? it's appalling.

Only been in there once and was on an aisle so don’t recall that however I agree a rebuild would be required of the ground. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

Inner West Council has endorsed the LO rebuild

https://www.austadiums.com/news/1302/leichhardt-oval-master-plan-unveiled-to-upgrade-iconic-venue

https://innerwest.infocouncil.biz/Open/2023/10/C_10102023_AGN_4013_AT.htm#PDF2_ReportName_63977

Looks sensible and probably bumps numbers up to 18-20K

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Posted by: @tiger5150

Inner West Council has endorsed the LO rebuild

https://www.austadiums.com/news/1302/leichhardt-oval-master-plan-unveiled-to-upgrade-iconic-venue

https://innerwest.infocouncil.biz/Open/2023/10/C_10102023_AGN_4013_AT.htm#PDF2_ReportName_63977

Looks sensible and probably bumps numbers up to 18-20K

LO is also to be used for United round (A League soccer) magic round in January 2024 along with commbank and Allianz

it does get plenty of use

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Will be interesting to see if this proposal gets any support from the state and federal governments. The proposal looks good but I’m doubtful the government will be willing to put enough in for the entire project. 

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

The inner west council should be paying for the redevelopment it’s there ground,the government just walked away from North Sydney oval only $10 mill.. Any money that the government needs to spend on stadia moving forward should all be spent on the Olympic Stadium to upgrade it to a rectangular stadium for the use of all major Sydney footy codes not waste money on a council owned suburban ground.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

Posted by: @snake

The inner west council should be paying for the redevelopment it’s there ground,the government just walked away from North Sydney oval only $10 mill.. Any money that the government needs to spend on stadia moving forward should all be spent on the Olympic Stadium to upgrade it to a rectangular stadium for the use of all major Sydney footy codes not waste money on a council owned suburban ground.

The NSW government didn’t walk away from the NSO upgrade. It was a promise made by the liberals in the election campaign which labor has decided not to honour. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Thinking about this a bit more, they really need to move the Keith Barnes stand to another oval. That type of stuff used to happen all the time, you take it apart and re build it somewhere else. That really opens up the ability to build a proper souther stand where there actually a lot of space (and no big trees). That is how you get to 25k and keep the hill.

Jedi Tiger and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Thinking about this a bit more, they really need to move the Keith Barnes stand to another oval. That type of stuff used to happen all the time, you take it apart and re build it somewhere else. That really opens up the ability to build a proper souther stand where there actually a lot of space (and no big trees). That is how you get to 25k and keep the hill.

They could move it to Birchgrove Oval or Drummoyne Oval. I like the idea. 

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@mike Treason !!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

I wonder if they can with the heritage listing status. I agree that that space has potential without the Barnes stand. It took me a few minutes to work out what they were doing with that space when I first looked at the plans. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

I wonder if they can with the heritage listing status. I agree that that space has potential without the Barnes stand. It took me a few minutes to work out what they were doing with that space when I first looked at the plans. 

it’s heritage protection is fine, just put it at birch grove 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tigertownsfs cool. I don’t know how those things work. Where at Birchgrove is another question. It’s surrounded by trees, a hill and the water. I like the idea.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

it’s heritage protection is fine, just put it at birch grove 

To be honest, the heritage of the KBS is non transferable which is the space below it...."Wimpy's Well".

ReplyQuote
Page 104 / 148
Share: