Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2024 Hopes, Dreams and Reality

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

What are your Hopes, Dreams and Realitic expectations for 2024?

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

I'm as always pushing for a top 8 finish this year. Very keen to see Benjis style of coaching, could be the surprise packet of the year. 

Realistically, I'd settle for 9th or 10th with Laui coming in the for 25.

Less than 10th is not acceptable 

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Top 8 - Hope or Dream

Reality 14th with genuine improvement.

My hope is that our halves establish themselves as genuine first graders. i am nervous about how the Fainu/Sullivan/Galvin situation will shake out and I hope we clearly determine the genuine stars and keep them.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

if we get luai for 2024 maybe we finish 8th

if we dont, I think we finish 12th in 2024

2025 we finish maybe 6th 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My essential hope is that we get off to a good start.Even if we have a 50% win ratio after say 6 games I would regard that as enough to build a decent level of confidence.For a relatively inexperienced squad self-belief is the key,as opposed to last year’s scenario where we are 0-6 and hopes fast evaporating.     
 With confidence and self-belief always dare to dream.     
 As far as reality is concerned I believe it’s so inextricably tied up with what level of self-belief Benji et al can engender into this young outfit,but if with the immediate addition of one Jarome Luai I genuinely believe top eight is attainable.Maybe with the addition of one more hard-nut high impact middle,lol!..and of course being spared the curse of a high injury rate.

Garry and TigerTownSFS reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Top 8 finish is the only acceptable outcome. Even first timers aim to hit the bullseye when throwing at a dart board

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I am passed just wanting to see them have a go. I hope to see them getting some decent results but I expect to be around 10th

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I think we need to aim high for the finals. 

in reality I don’t have any expectations it’s all a mystery as to what we’ll look like. The first six games will hopefully give us some insight. A couple of wins and a clear plan on the field would be nice. Very interested to see how we go with fresh halves 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @tigersteve

Top 8 finish is the only acceptable outcome. Even first timers aim to hit the bullseye when throwing at a dart board

Well the premiership is the only acceptable outcome.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Like all teams, WT are vulnerable to injuries of key players. But throw in a yet-to-be-proven coach and coming off two consecutive wooden spoons (thanks very much Sheens et al), I'll just go with the "dream" that it will be better in 2024. Not much "hope" and the "reality" is too scary to think about.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I want to see the continuation of genuine change in and around the club. I want some recruitment and retention wins moving into 2025 and beyond. I want to see genuine improvement in some of our younger players. 

Even if we get massive positives in all of the above, I still can't see us finishing above 10th. But if we get there with the promise of further improvement on and off the pitch then I'll be content. 

Baby steps. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
TigerSteve
(@tigersteve)
2023 Tipping Comp Winner Moderator

Posted by: @garry

Posted by: @tigersteve

Well the premiership is the only acceptable outcome.

At Last!! You’re starting to get it 😜

Tiger5150 and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

With olam about to arrive, 2024 round 1 team looks pretty set. Make up of bench will be determined by pre season but I assume Benji goes with experience early in the season rather than experiment too early. I hope Matamua shows his value and is able to start the year at lock as part of a system that is designed to use his skills set rather than just as a 3rd prop. I also hope we don’t have to carry a second hooker ok the bench as I don’t feel like the back up hookers actually increase our performances, rather they are at best holding their ground whilst api gets a rest. In the first month I want to see api play 80 and maximise our chances for early wins. I feel like Sam Fainu is probably in line for a bench spot given he was already playing first grade at manly and doing a good job.

1. Bula

2. Staines 

3. Starford

4. olam

5. tupou

6. sullivan

7. sezer

8. Ute

9. api

10. klemmer

11. bateman

12. papi

15. pole

16. Twal

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

What does our NSW cup team look like? What are the development players preferred positions?

2. Lobb

3. Naden 

4. feledy

5. Alaimalo 

6. Galvin

7. fainu

8. Fainu

9 TDS

11. Tumeth

12. Kepaoa

13. Lualilii

15. Miller

feels like we need some front row depth in NSW cup. Who plays 1 given Staines is likely backup fullback but wing in first grade?

ReplyQuote
(@the-frog)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I think 10th is realistic. Probably within two wins of the Top 8. But more importantly I want to see them have a go, every week. I'll be happy with that. This of course means no Noffa Within 100 Lengths of Ist Grade!!!!!!!!!!

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: