Notifications
Clear all

200 passes a day

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator
Topic starter  

Genuine questions for the forum....

We heard all about our change of game style and focus on attack over the preseason.

The first 2 games we average 11 points - even though we've had a lot of ball in the red zone against 2 bottom teams.

So what do you think is going wrong? And how do you think it'll get fixed?

Top 8 2023

Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @frullens

Genuine questions for the forum....

We heard all about our change of game style and focus on attack over the preseason.

The first 2 games we average 11 points - even though we've had a lot of ball in the red zone against 2 bottom teams.

So what do you think is going wrong? And how do you think it'll get fixed?

Too much sideways movement. Not enough hard straight running through the line. Dumb plays going to the short side when there is a clear overlap on the open side. No idea how you fix it. We lack footy smarts on the field. 

Joel Helmes, Kenny4517, Jedi Tiger and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@mike by why don’t our coaching staff realise this🍻

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

They said they throw 200 passes a day. Didn't say anything about catching them. 

Jedi Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Topic starter  

We are said the squad was strong in the preseason.

I think you can only put it down to 2 things:

- coaching- wrong game plan

- spine - can't follow game plan/ think on feet

Our NSW Cup team are 2 from 2 and are averaging 37.5 per game.

So it would be unteresting if both teams continue on same trend - Sheens may have some tough decisions in the next couple of weeks

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Too me the main single issue is the lack of a game manager on the field.

Our attacking sets are all over the place especially in the red zone, no one seems to know what everyone else is doing which is why we see so many drop balls when players receive passes they are not expecting.

How many times today did we see a forward being given a pass in the red zone while standing stationary, it’s a complete shambles.

How we sort that out in the short term I have no idea, longer term it needs to be different players in key positions in our spine.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Topic starter  

@celtic_tiger 

Agree - we need a genuine 7 (don't mind if Brooks plays 6 but he's not a 7)

Our only recognised other 7 in the squad is Wakeham (with Price unable to play until Rd 11)

Would you promote Wakeham? Or persist?

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Celtic_Tiger
(@celtic_tiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@frullens To be honest it needs to be a change of personnel, whether that’s Wakeham or not I’m not too sure, he probably can’t be worse.

In truth we should never have released Hastings, he’s no world beater but he has a skill set we are sorely lacking in now.

Moving forward though Moses would have been a solution but if he stays at Parra I have no idea and worryingly I don’t believe Sheens/Benji have any discernible plan B apart from hoping Brooks and AD deliver.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@celtic_tiger 100% agree. We are a disorganised mess. They act like they just met when we get it the red zone and anyone watching can tell you the plan. It’s slow and clunky and no where near threatening. 

the moving the ball around down the field is great but they haven’t work out you need to get a bit of go forward first. Otherwise you’re just attacking the edges as sitting ducks. 

no one is leasing this team around as a dominant organiser. 

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @celtic_tiger

Too me the main single issue is the lack of a game manager on the field.

Our attacking sets are all over the place especially in the red zone, no one seems to know what everyone else is doing which is why we see so many drop balls when players receive passes they are not expecting.

How many times today did we see a forward being given a pass in the red zone while standing stationary, it’s a complete shambles.

How we sort that out in the short term I have no idea, longer term it needs to be different players in key positions in our spine.

But, isn't attack and ball movement the Sheens strategy? You know, the one that has brought him zero success and credibility in coaching for about 15 years?  

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @loganr21

They probably do but it’s hard to change the direction of the Titanic. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @mike

I well and truly hope we’ve hit the iceberg!! And that be the end of it. It’s been a long journey.

Keep steering the right path

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

There’s probably quite a few things that need to be done but right now they need to stick together (cliche I know). I found it disappointing that the Knights would get in a circle with arms over each others shoulders after tries etc yet we don’t do this (unless I missed it). We are the club under more pressure than any club to change our fortunes, we need everyone together to do that yet such a simple thing is not done. Look each other in the face and demand better of each other, demand it of themselves, show they can be better. This is where the leadership of Klemmer, Api, Bateman etc has to be shown. They have to lead now, right now. Show it this week & bring it next Sunday.

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by Russtutty63

Frullens reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

I well and truly hope we’ve hit the iceberg!! And that be the end of it. It’s been a long journey.

We have 3 SOO quality forwards and shortly we will add and English International to the pack. The forwards are not the problem. We lack a genuine playmaker. That’s it, that’s the problem. 

Tucker reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tucker)
Wests Tigers Supporter

We have 3 SOO quality forwards and shortly we will add and English International to the pack. The forwards are not the problem. We lack a genuine playmaker. That’s it, that’s the problem. 

100%.

Even though we have had many other problems over the years, the lack of an on field general / playmaker has been a constant since Lui belted his Mrs up.

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: