Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Raiders Rd 2 2024

(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @snake

The None effort players were there for all to see the same guys as last season ! The coach has to bring in the broom and quickly there are replacements there is competition with the squad for spots!

KOE Cup lost 50-12.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @peter-a

To put Benji in this situation of coaching so early is a massive mistake No coach comes through an apprenticeship like this along with a unproven staff.

His bench showed that he had not thought out his interchange 
The former Management to blame going to be a horrible season 

i actually thought the bench worked well today. You never want to have to plan to replace a halfback but thank god we could today. Pole, Fainu and Twal were some of our best today

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Really not sure what they worked on at training all off season. They started poorly, somehow managed to get make into it but after that it was poorer and poorer football. There is no one willing to try and take the team forward and be a leader in this squad. 

not having a personal crack at you Ronin, but you didnt think that Api & Galvin stood up as leaders today?

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @campo

Bateman getting a free pass here, 80% talk 20% action. Has been a real dud so far 

I disagree, tried hard, was passionate, a lot of offloads, defended well and hard. We have called out for a tough forward to stir up the opposition for a long time and when we get one we complain about it. Unfortunately refs are sweating on him.

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My thoughts after being at the game;

Poor Defence led to first two tries and had us in the back foot. Ref did us no favours.

Good games by

Ice

Api

Sam F

Twal

Galvin

Par games

Bula

Bateman

Ute

Klemmer

Pole

Had a dig

Charlie

Salad

Faataape

No impact

Bud

Bad games

Jnr

Seyfarth

Toa

Mike and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @campo

Bateman getting a free pass here, 80% talk 20% action. Has been a real dud so far 

I disagree, tried hard, was passionate, a lot of offloads, defended well and hard. We have called out for a tough forward to stir up the opposition for a long time and when we get one we complain about it. Unfortunately refs are sweating on him.

I thought Bateman was good too. 

Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

The other thing that hasnt been said. Canberra are a good side this year. Big pack and great backs. We competed for a large chunk of the game and never gave up.

We also massively got the rough end of the stick from the ref.

Mac_Tiger reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

The other thing that hasnt been said. Canberra are a good side this year. Big pack and great backs. We competed for a large chunk of the game and never gave up.

im the most negative fan there is, but I thought today was overall positive. Canberra are a good side who played well at home. They’re too good for us. We also were victim of some pretty terrible calls.

but there’s some green shoots there. We didn’t throw in the towel 14-0 down. Galvin, Bula, Api and Pole were great. I thought our second rowers were decent too.

2-5 needs an overhaul, and we need a lock. But we’re not as far away as it looks imo.

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

im the most negative fan there is, but I thought today was overall positive. Canberra are a good side who played well at home. They’re too good for us. We also were victim of some pretty terrible calls.

but there’s some green shoots there. We didn’t throw in the towel 14-0 down. Galvin, Bula, Api and Pole were great. I thought our second rowers were decent too.

2-5 needs an overhaul, and we need a lock. But we’re not as far away as it looks imo.

Good summary IMO

Avo reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @the-last-ronin

Really not sure what they worked on at training all off season. They started poorly, somehow managed to get make into it but after that it was poorer and poorer football. There is no one willing to try and take the team forward and be a leader in this squad. 

not having a personal crack at you Ronin, but you didnt think that Api & Galvin stood up as leaders today?

probably should have articulated better. I was more referring to our lack of someone changing the game with some big carries or tackles. Something that says we’re in this let’s get them. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

not too sure about the terrible calls part. There was the Stef strip penalty that was a lost ball which we didn’t challenge. I can’t think of any others. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @tigerlily

Charlie having a shocker 

Staines issue is he’s a terrible player.

IMO he is not a terrible player, he is a good player, but he is a small body and that is not the modern winger.

I think the problem with Stains is in his head. He’s a better player than today but after his shocking injury he looks a little gun shy to me. A sports psychologist is what he needs IMO. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @mike

Charlie having a shocker 

IMO he is not a terrible player, he is a good player, but he is a small body and that is not the modern winger.

I think the problem with Stains is in his head. He’s a better player than today but after his shocking injury he looks a little gun shy to me. A sports psychologist is what he needs IMO. 

Thought he had a crack but just too light.

On a different point, how good was it to see Rapana get sent to the HIA for his acting?

Barra and TGRZMN reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tiger5150 There are good players in that team … they were also touched up in the trials … maybe the COACH is crap! Was this appointment another job for the boys ?

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @mike

Charlie having a shocker 

Thought he had a crack but just too light.

On a different point, how good was it to see Rapana get sent to the HIA for his acting?

That was excellent indeed. Should be a mandatory ruling. If you go down for a head knock and don’t immediately rise to play the ball, then a compulsory HIA should be enforced. That will stop the actors. 

TGRZMN and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 14
Share: