Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT v Eels Rd 27 SpoonBowl 24

(@tiger5150)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Well that is a pretty emphatic line under our season.

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Topic starter  

My one word is: Disappointed but not upset. Too many mistakes killed us. Glad Stefano is leaving, absolute turnstile in defence when it counts and ineffective in attack. Looking forward to 2025. We need to tighten up the middle and I’m sure Bird will do that. Another tough forward would help as well. The teenagers were outgunned tonight, but they’ll be better for it. Attack has improved out of site. Bula over Mason every day of the week. The Centres will be interesting next year. How far off is Large? We will be a much better side next year. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

This has been a pretty embarrassing performance.

Yes, and where to from here I wonder. I think we were hopeful that Morris could help a novice in Marshall, but wasn't Morris the defence coach?? That's going well. NOT.

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

My one word is drain. Drain the swamp, Richo!

Mason and Fataape should spend a lot more time in NSW Cup. The rest of the back 5 can get lost. Staines is one of the worst I've seen for a long time. Tupou has terrible hands. Feledy is a massive hog. 

My tune has changed massively in regard to our starting props. They have been pathetic. Klemmer might have decent stats but jeez he goes missing. Good riddance to Stef. 

Papalii finally started playing well once he signed with Penrith and playing lock but not worth his supposed price tag. 

I'm furious with tonight's performance but it would have been forgiven if someone put one on Guthersons chin.

ReplyQuote
(@campo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Ugly stats from our forward pack, can’t blame the youngies trying to score off every play

ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@canberratiger Yep, and they couldn't even manage that.

There were 2 teams out there tonight and one of them emerged with a resounding win, avoiding the wooden spoon and heading into 2025 with a new coach, new systems and renewed hope. Unfortunately, that team isn't WT. 

Tiger5150, NatMac78, CanberraTiger and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natmac78)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Word- fans. Every week we stand by the club and put up with these performances. Surely we are due for something to really cheer about soon.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

Posted by: @mike

My one word is: Disappointed but not upset. Too many mistakes killed us. Glad Stefano is leaving, absolute turnstile in defence when it counts and ineffective in attack. Looking forward to 2025. We need to tighten up the middle and I’m sure Bird will do that. Another tough forward would help as well. The teenagers were outgunned tonight, but they’ll be better for it. Attack has improved out of site. Bula over Mason every day of the week. The Centres will be interesting next year. How far off is Large? We will be a much better side next year. 

Pretty much agree with all of this.....imagine if Stef said "OK I'll stay on $900K pa" and dished up that. How would we be feeling?

Having said that, our pack on paper is much weaker than our already weak pack this year. I am very worried about this.

Mike and CanberraTiger reacted
ReplyQuote
SuperTrev
(@supertrev)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I just can't say anything at the moment.  Give me a few days at least..... and then I will give my 2 cents worth.  I'm a little too angry right now and I need time to process what happened this season before I describe what'sgoingoninmy head.  That game was so disappointing to watch.  On the plus side,  I came up with three new swear words to describe what I was watching.  

This is gonna be another long off season. 😥 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)

My one word........Nadir.

They say you have to hit rock bottom before you turn things around. Please God let this be it.....

Lets take the positives......(Im really reaching here)

In no particular order........

Charlie Staines is not a first grader, mostly because of his physical stature but Im hoping his efforts in defence in the last 10 mins are emblematic of the teams attitude (I dont think it is but it was good to see).

Similarly Seyfarth after a very bad brain snap (the same day I said he had fixed that) showed incredible guts and effort to chase and smash Russell.

Galvin showed in the first half what a special talent we have.

Latu showed some particularly dangerous moments running the ball and strong defensively.

Stef is leaving....

OK now Im really grasping at straws, can anyone step in?

ReplyQuote
(@peter-a)

Let’s change the shedder to the Blender to accommodate our third wooden spoon! We can’t afford to have a coach learning on the job with so many youngsters coming through. Do it now so we don’t wreck a season and loose a load of high quality juniors!

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Keep those one word submissions coming please guys.

Also, would love to have one word to describe the 2024 season please.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Thought it would be a good idea to watch the game at the Caxton in tigers clobber. Poor life choices…

Api didn’t do his Player of the Year chances any good in this game.

86 points in the game suggests both teams had given up for the year, so no use reading the form lines in this game. Let’s all go and enjoy some cricket and horse racing and see you in 5 months.

ReplyQuote
(@tgrzmn)

I had a family commitment today which meant I had to record the game and watch it on delay. Just finished and have read all the comments. Haven't been able to think or speak yet. Just feeling numb at what I just witnessed. 

There was a school of thought not so long ago, voiced on the pod, that said Just choose your best 17 and find a position for them. The mad reshuffle in the last 20 minutes with so many players out of position says that doesn't work. Not that they were our best. 

My word is stolen from Cooper Cronks summary of the game, " that was an ORDINARY performance from the Tigers". Ordinary!!!!!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Tigers Development Player Moderator

My word is purgatory. Year after year of torment and misery with no end in sight. A lot of the guys out there tonight don’t belong in first grade. Unless we do some major upgrades to the forward pack next year the results won’t change. Other than Pole none of our middles are worthy of playing in first grade. Twal and Klemmer ran for 100m combined. Sione is ok on a small contact but realistically Klemmer and Twal shouldn’t be in the 17 next year. They’re just not good enough.

Staines needs to go and we need to sign a decent winger. 

We’re in big trouble.

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11
Share: