Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT V Cowboys Rd 12 2024

(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dirty-reds

Bula has been up and down this season. He's very young, and has played about 25 senior games at any level. He's an absolute mile away from his peak, so we should absolutely stick with him and let him develop. 

It's a marathon not a sprint. 

Does a stint in NSW Cup become an option to get the confidence back up?

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

The Blaize has a player option in his favour for next season and is testing  his market value ATM. This is a no brainer that would be a decent back line next season even all being so young.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @jackhorton

1. @lorenzo I know that Staines in a perfect world wouldn’t be his replacement. But last year before his injury he was our best option there his effort players are always there. With bula it looks to me that he is just going through the motions which in todays game is something that we can’t afford. All the best fullbacks are sniffing around the ruck looking for opportunities. When it comes to bula he doesn’t even want to run it back on a kick return. Just an observation 

He has been playing within himself for periods during the game and the reason needs to be worked on by him and the coaching team, even at 60% I trust him much more under the high ball and in defense than Staines. Also it would be seen as a bit of a reward for staines to move to fb and there is no way he deserves a reward the way he is playing. The only improvement I have seen with Staines is he is returning the ball more aggressively, other than that the rest of his game has regressed. I wouldn't replace Bula, however if it was forced by injury than I would bring in Mason.

JH98 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

After reading the team sheet for this week .. what the hell is going on ! This is poor even with the outs …Thinking very strange.A player performs in a position then moved to another … Coaches selections are like he played erratic.

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @avocadoontoast

Posted by: @jackhorton

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Bula at the moment. I know he is still fresh into his career and that the second year is always hard. But for me this year he has seemed to have regressed. May sound abit different but I think Bula would be a great centre. His ball running and defence is not going to be a concern and also someone we can (attacking) kick With maybe a Staines going to fb 

I think Bula has been incredibly disappointing this year. Last year he was great, but this year he's gone backwards. Can be lazy at times too. I wouldn't have him as a lock for fullback next year with Turuva coming. In fact, for next year, of the current players, only Api, Galvin, Olam and probably Stef have cemented their positions. The rest are a mix of ok, bog average and terrible.

Gee wiz I’ve heard this story before RE our fullbacks of previous years. In my opinion Bula has been steady. I would like to see better performances over the next month or a move to either wing or centre maybe on the cards. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Galvin could be out due to injury. Awaiting confirmation. Maybe this will force Api to the halves. 

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I have noticed Galvin is a bit awkward in tackles, passes and when grasping the ball to kick it, that hand injury he is carrying seems to have limited his hand movement. I'm guessing the kid is only playing because we don't have any other halves at the moment that could replace him. Shows what the team means to him though and I like to see it, however it would explain his drop in performance over last couple of games. They are probably nursing it just trying to make it to the bye round.

MickeyB and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

I’m confused. I don’t know Declan Casey, but I’ve seen feledy and I’m not sure how he has jumped faatape in the pecking order.

Meanwhile paps had his best game at lock a few weeks back, but we’ve popped him in the back row. Matamua gets his chance, let’s hope he has a breakout game and gives us something to cheer for.

MickeyB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Posted by: @skippa13

I’m confused. I don’t know Declan Casey, but I’ve seen feledy and I’m not sure how he has jumped faatape in the pecking order.

Meanwhile paps had his best game at lock a few weeks back, but we’ve popped him in the back row. Matamua gets his chance, let’s hope he has a breakout game and gives us something to cheer for.

I didnt think Faataape did too bad and IMO Im not sure how T'oa got past him. Id have Faataape in there this week.

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @skippa13

I didnt think Faataape did too bad and IMO Im not sure how T'oa got past him. Id have Faataape in there this week.

I assumed he must have been injured. He was good for us when he played. Very confused by his omission.

MickeyB and Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mickb)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@skippa13 faataape kicked on the fourth tackle twice in two weeks. Benji made an indirect swipe at him in a press conference post game. He was dropped the next week.

Like you I thought he played well. 

Feledy has a lot to prove. Let’s hope he steps up.

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Sione Fainu remains at 18 and Alex Lobb at 19.

Dropping out is Tallyn Da Silva, Tony Sukkar and Solomona Faataape.

Joel Helmes and Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mickb

@skippa13 faataape kicked on the fourth tackle twice in two weeks. Benji made an indirect swipe at him in a press conference post game. He was dropped the next week.

Like you I thought he played well. 

Feledy has a lot to prove. Let’s hope he steps up.

How hypocritical of Marshall to have a swipe at a player for not sticking to the structures. I lost count of the number of times Marshall let the team down with his off-the-cuff rubbish. 

Skippa13 and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mercy-rule)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Oh ok. I missed the news about Ice signing with Penrith. Good luck to him and probably a smart move for him.  

This quote from Marshall worries me though; "Marshall added that he expects Papali’i to see out the rest of 2024 at the Tigers because “he is a man of high integrity and strong principles, and I know he will continue to live by our standards until he leaves at the end of this season”.

What exactly are "our standards"?  And, how were they developed? Who decided them? Where is there any evidence, at all, that any player understands or believes in those standards? Marshall is delusional in those comments. I am becoming really, really worried about him as head coach. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 12
Share: