Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] WT v Bulldogs Rd 9 2024

(@peter-a)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

@tiger5150 

It is our decision making under pressure lack of discipline the way we react to adversity 8 points down to loose two players the sin bin when we are still in the game lack of mental fortitude 

Tiger5150 and Anonymous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

I’d like to see Latu at half but he doesn’t look fit enough to play 80 mins or at all. If he is carrying an injury let him get over it.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @eastiemagpie

I’d like to see Latu at half but he doesn’t look fit enough to play 80 mins or at all. If he is carrying an injury let him get over it.

I don't want Sullivan in the team next week though. 

maybe Api at 7 and play simpkin at 9 with tds on bench

Eastiemagpie reacted
ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Posted by: @peter-a

@tiger5150 

It is our decision making under pressure lack of discipline the way we react to adversity 8 points down to loose two players the sin bin when we are still in the game lack of mental fortitude 

yes, I would like to say it reflects the age and experience of the team, however the ones losing their cool are our older more experienced players such as klemmer and Bateman. The way they reacted when we were in their 20, 8 points down with approx 8 mins to go was inexcusable, Klemmer getting sent off and seyfarth being baited by reed should send both of them to Reggie's for a couple of weeks, Bateman lost his cool and gave away too many penalties. The upside is our young guys actually seemed more in control than the older heads, augers well for the future yet does not help today. 

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

My one word is: Consistency 

When we can put together an 80 minute performance consistently we will win more games than we lose. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

just finished watching the game on replay. Glad I watched it knowing the result so the frustration of the refereeing didn’t distort my view of the performance (badger not a first grade ref, the game is too fast for her, you can’t have 4 successful challenges and then start sending people off because you lose control of the same game - that said I don’t think that is what cost us the game). The bulldogs won because of their line speed and strength in keeping us pinned down in our half. They are a good example of what we could be if we remain focussed on our defensive system. After that we lack points and if you are going to score less than 20 points each week you are not going to win many games. I was shocked with how little room our halves had, pretty much every kick we had was under huge pressure from the bulldogs. 

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

@tigertownsfs good summation. We need to focus on those effort areas to get results

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

My one word is ‘eightyminutes’

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Simpkin was good. Makes more sense to play him as the 14 rather than put a 7 there to play hooker for 20min.

Sezer will get 2 weeks for the hip drop so I think we see Latu/galvin halves combo, particularly if api plays.

seyfarth will also get a spell, hopefully Sione is fit and we can see him off the bench 

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
Skippa13
(@skippa13)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @mattvtiger

Benji said in the post game press conference that we tried to challenge something but were told we used up our challenges. 

Just heard that as well. Truly unbelievable and not anywhere near NRL standard. These NRL teams invest 10s of millions of dollars a year, players and coaches invest their whole lives for this period with complete professionalism, busting a gut continually only for a completely incompetent ref to ruin the game.

Like I mentioned earlier, the big ref/bunker bloopers often get the headlines, but what gets me is the consistently bad small calls at key times which change the momentum of a game. Having to defend repeat sets like in the first 5mins impacts the rest of the game. Then as fans we blame the team for laziness or lack energy, when in reality we’re playing within the parameters the ref sets for us

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

We have to have 3 halves against the knights next week or we won’t score over 14 again‼️‼️

Don’t think Sezer will get a suspension over that tackle, so he has to play 13.

Don’t care who plays 6/7

Twalfarth can’t be picked either.

ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)

With the challenge thing I think it was actually the 3rd one when she said we had none but we did. That challenge took a while to go ahead and one of the Bulldogs said we didn’t have any challenges. The in ear ref told her we had one. 

I could be wrong be I think that’s the incident. 

ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

The bottom line is until we are scoring 20+ points a game then the poor ref decisions will be the difference. If we are scoring more points then the micro bad calls don’t matter.

i am a bit worried about Luai signing. Really we need a genuine 7 alongside Luai doing his thing at 6. Illias might have worked. Now we have a great 6 arriving next year whilst we have potentially the best young 6 in the game playing this year. If Benji wants to play the pressure cooker panthers style then he has his balance wrong in the halves. It will be impossible to unwind this issue.

hoepfully we see Latu kill it at 7 this year and then at least have an actual genuine halves combination 

ReplyQuote
(@eastiemagpie)

Ipap went missing for most of the game. Must be testing Benji’s patience.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

check out the rant westslifes Rob gave about the ref's on X, levy from 2gb got stuck into him. Embarrassing stuff,

ReplyQuote
Page 16 / 19
Share: