Notifications
Clear all

WT trial V Warriors 2024

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin

Posted by: @tiger5150

Posted by: @snake

Hope the fan boys give it a rest as these young fellas are a MILE off if ever !

Almost like they are Jersey Flegg players

To be fair a lot of them are in the top 30.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Is there a worst term in social media than "fan boy/s"?. 

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

51 missed tackles is pretty crazy considering we played against 12 men for 60

Screenshot 20240218 185330

mins

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
(@doug-heffernan)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

We could score a lot of points off Lobb and Willett if Sezer gets his kicking game right. They would be huge aerial weapons.

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

Posted by: @frullens

Screenshot 20240218 185330

mins

Im still worried defensively but thought they scrambled well.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

-- attachment is not available --

mins

i genuinely dont think the extra man means that much under unlimited interchange. other than stripping numbers (which we didnt do), fatigue is not a factor.

FWIW IMO Benji didnt play into the fact that we had an extra man. he could have changed our guys around and taken advantage, but most of that second half he left them out there to tough it out and get miles in the legs. Kids toughed it out nicely too against some big strong opposition.

ReplyQuote
(@lorenzo)
Junior Pathways

Posted by: @tiger5150

-- attachment is not available --

mins

i genuinely dont think the extra man means that much under unlimited interchange. other than stripping numbers (which we didnt do), fatigue is not a factor.

FWIW IMO Benji didnt play into the fact that we had an extra man. he could have changed our guys around and taken advantage, but most of that second half he left them out there to tough it out and get miles in the legs. Kids toughed it out nicely too against some big strong opposition.

I agree with you 100% here, the fact there is unlimited interchange the impact is a great deal less playing with 12. I'm hoping that Benji stuck to the game plan of playing for meters until we are in good field position (like we will need to against 13 for 80mins) because there were a hell of a lot of hit ups through the forwards and the ball barely went out wide to take advantage of the extra man. I thought the Warriors got the rub of the green in a few plays, ball not bouncing for Bula to regather and score, a chargedown gone wrong led to a Warriors try and a few others. Overall I think our halves in the first 30 did a fantastic job and actually exceeded my expectations, especially in the opposition 20 in attack, 3 forced dropouts and 2 try's so I'm generally happy as we were completely rubbish in this area the last few years. Only negative is we were soft through the middle in defense in the second half and that put us on the back foot too often a few adjustments in defense and hopefully we win almost as many as we lose. 

Mercy Rule, Tiger Symmetry, Joel Helmes and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
The Last Ronin
(@the-last-ronin)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

In regards to the extra man it doesn’t really help in the trial as you want to practice structures and combinations. Sticking to the original game plan was the play 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@southerntiger)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Surprised by the darkness over the performance. 

After 30 mins we took our 7 off and replaced him with a SG Ball kid who plays full back in Ball. 

We also didnt play our two starting centres so no surprise that our backline looked clunky.  

My thoughts. 

Good

Sione Fainu was better than I thought given he has been in our system for a while. And his brother is also good, ignoring his discipline issues  

Bula was very safe and did a lot of good work in defense. 

Stef looked great apart his not supporting enough on their try. 

Seyfarth looked very good. 

Sezer organised well and clearly has a great short kicking game. 

Faataape will be an excellent squad player. 

Willett and Lobb look to have very good futures. 

Bad

Sezer’s long kicking game is a bit weak. 

We are still lacking genuine speed in the backline. 

Tupou is a liability even though he makes the most metres on kick returns. 

Fonua Pole needs to step up. His game hasnt really developed since he debuted. He is starting to look a bit like Jesse Sue. 

Simpkin, while excellent defensively, doesnt have a first grade quality distribution game. 

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @southerntiger

Surprised by the darkness over the performance. 

After 30 mins we took our 7 off and replaced him with a SG Ball kid who plays full back in Ball. 

We also didnt play our two starting centres so no surprise that our backline looked clunky.  

My thoughts. 

Good

Sione Fainu was better than I thought given he has been in our system for a while. And his brother is also good, ignoring his discipline issues  

Bula was very safe and did a lot of good work in defense. 

Stef looked great apart his not supporting enough on their try. 

Seyfarth looked very good. 

Sezer organised well and clearly has a great short kicking game. 

Faataape will be an excellent squad player. 

Willett and Lobb look to have very good futures. 

Bad

Sezer’s long kicking game is a bit weak. 

We are still lacking genuine speed in the backline. 

Tupou is a liability even though he makes the most metres on kick returns. 

Fonua Pole needs to step up. His game hasnt really developed since he debuted. He is starting to look a bit like Jesse Sue. 

Simpkin, while excellent defensively, doesnt have a first grade quality distribution game. 

Thats a great comparison - Pole and Jesse Sue. Shame to see him not hitting the heights (consistently) just yet.

Spot on too about Simpkin. Jake, AJ, Tumeth and Tupou are all next off the bus imo.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share: