Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WT trial V Warriors 2024

LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @helmesy

We’ll be debating that number 14 position for round two on the next edition of the pod. Personally, I don’t think it can be Simpkin as he just doesn’t offer any real offensive threat. DaSilva is class, but still a bit raw imo.

imo Fainu should be 14 

Api if he doesn’t play 80…Sezer can fill in and Fainu goes to halves. Alternatively Sezer goes to lock if api plays 80

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

What is it with the club signing small players ! Have they not realised it’s a big man’s game  … very surprised with how many height challenged players there were.

Joel Helmes and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Posted by: @snake

What is it with the club signing small players ! Have they not realised it’s a big man’s game  … very surprised with how many height challenged players there were.

it’s not that they are small, but they are players that don’t run with purpose. There is very little confidence in our team. Need a few more players to believe I think. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

Lobb and Willett not so though.

Also, still need a wrecking ball up front.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

Tall timber those two

Watch out for the bergs

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @loganr21

Tall timber those two

Both raw but some potential there.

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @tigertownsfs

think tupou shouldn’t make the starting team. Lobb an interesting option given his size and goal kicking. Staines also looks very small and gets dominated too easily.

Happy for Lobb to start and Junior and Staines compete for other spot.

Need his height

Agree stains gets dominated coming out yardage.

And Junior has to be head and shoulders better than other options to justify playing 1st - given he leaves in November 

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @frullens

think tupou shouldn’t make the starting team. Lobb an interesting option given his size and goal kicking. Staines also looks very small and gets dominated too easily.

Happy for Lobb to start and Junior and Staines compete for other spot.

Need his height

Agree stains gets dominated coming out yardage.

And Junior has to be head and shoulders better than other options to justify playing 1st - given he leaves in November 

Tupou - I’m sorry, I just don’t get it. 

Jedi Tiger and LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@jedi-tiger correct bottom 4 … what was Simpkin doing in the halves. Doesn’t show much there also tbbh

I know

I know it is a trial but a bit deflating 

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

as others have said Lobb and Willet look like our future and both are tall and look to have a good game in them 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

After a bit of thought I’ve probably downgraded my views on the game a bit. We still had good meters from the forward that we had last year and it seems that sezer will fix some of our redzone issues. What worries me is that we have so many positions where the players are a work in progress. Essentially our entire backline, lock and bench props are all not the finished project and you just can’t have that many unsettled positions and expect to compete for top 8. Still think we do a lot better than last year but we are a long way off finished product. I do think our NSW cup team will be an interesting watch given all these players on the edge of the NRL need to continue development. 

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)

After a bit of thought I’ve probably downgraded my views on the game a bit. We still had good meters from the forward that we had last year and it seems that sezer will fix some of our redzone issues. What worries me is that we have so many positions where the players are a work in progress. Essentially our entire backline, lock and bench props are all not the finished project and you just can’t have that many unsettled positions and expect to compete for top 8. Still think we do a lot better than last year but we are a long way off finished product. I do think our NSW cup team will be an interesting watch given all these players on the edge of the NRL need to continue development. 

The team really lacks structure still…it’s going to be a work in progress for sure this season. IMO Bula has to get himself more involved. 
The saints game next week will be interesting. 

Watch out for the bergs

ReplyQuote
(@dirty-reds)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1759108545231130662?t=tHmraKvuAea8-6TUbMdXWA&s=19

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1759108548058034540?t=goXN2DNSSk8YeF_jonBV0g&s=19

A good point here. 

We don't really have any experienced depth. Beyond the first team it's largely kids, most of which haven't played much footy against grown men. Recruitment has been a mess for a while, and even the recent youth movement has been pretty reckless. We've got a lot of kids in our top 30 who are well off FG standard. 

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

Hope the fan boys give it a rest as these young fellas are a MILE off if ever !

Almost like they are Jersey Flegg players

ReplyQuote
(@tiger5150)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup

The team really lacks structure still…it’s going to be a work in progress for sure this season. IMO Bula has to get himself more involved. 
The saints game next week will be interesting. 

IMO, the first 30 mins is the best structure we have had for a long time. actually looked like we have worked on it. attacked and defended with shape.

Once the team got chopped and changed and filled out with kids, the structure predictably fell apart, but that is to be expected. For mine it was encouraging that those kids never chucked it in and kept turning up in attack and defence and held out for a win. Lots to be happy about IMO.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share: