Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Teamlist vs Manly Sea Eagles Round 8

(@kenny4517)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

Congrats to him and looking forward to seeing him play.
IMO he should be on the wing with Staines at fullback, just a few games for to get used to speed of the NRL and help him develop.

Skippa13 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)
Wests Tigers Development Player

@frullens I read somewhere he will be signed to top 30 prior to kick off

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)

Posted by: @crowsnest

@mike It looks like Bula has taken the 30th spot mike. I can't think of anything else.

I do worry about the lad being thrown into the deep end. I can only pray that we don't wreck this lads career and the boys rally around him

Can anyone remember if Benji played reserve grade before NRL debut? I think he played in 04 didn't he. I'm just trying to get a similarity between Bula and Benji.

Well he is 21. Lawrence was just 17 and still in high school, so who knows. I hope Bula has a great game. 

Tiger5150 reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger That's our club for ya. I heard too that Ronnie Palmer is on the bench to cover injuries. 🤣

I watched that full length of the field try of Bula's that's going around atm and it was magnificent. He has some toe alright.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @mike

Well he is 21. Lawrence was just 17 and still in high school, so who knows. I hope Bula has a great game. 

Cheers mike. As they say, if your good enough your old enough. Bula might just be the gem we are looking for. 🤔

Remember Geoff Starling (Balmain) who became the youngest player to be selected for Australia at 18 years and 178 days. 👍

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Didn't Bula played with Keebra Park in 2020 final along side T. Penni and at some stage with Recce Walsh 🤔

So he has had a good pathway. We were casting similarities with Bula and Benji both being young on debut, so Keebra Park is another shared connection.

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

KPTV has got plenty of vids on YouTube that has Bula featuring. Too many to post up so just search and enjoy.

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@crowsnest I think Bula could be good we just need to stick with him for the year. As for Staines he played pretty well last week but Sheens and co probably don't see him as fullback so if he stays he will be a wing only you would think. 

Looking forward to Sundays game 

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

Remember Geoff Starling (Balmain) who became the youngest player to be selected for Australia at 18 years and 178 days. 👍

[ Geoff starling struck down with Addisons disease and had to retire 

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger Totally agree. Either way Staines and Bula and maybe Tupou appear to be faster than Noffa and Ken so I think we've nailed it providing as you say, we stick with Bula and support him. We cannot affort to ruin these guys and have them go. 

I know I keep harping on Feledy but imagine if by the end of the year we have:

Bula, Staines, Laurie, Tupou, Naden, To'a, Feledy...all firing as a unit.

All of a sudden our backs don't look like a shambles.

It's our halves that's the issue hey 🤔

ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @jedi-tiger

Geoff starling struck down with Addisons disease and had to retire 

I did not know that, so that was the reason hey. Red blondish hair for memory.

Save me searching but wasn't Tim Brasher a youngin to play first grade too. 🤔

ReplyQuote
(@jedi-tiger)

@crowsnest brasher was same age as fitler 17 I believe in year 12

Crowsnest reacted
ReplyQuote
Crowsnest
(@crowsnest)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

@jedi-tiger cool thanks mate. I thought as much. Brasher had an unusual running style hey, very upright but had a good change up. I wish Freddy was as good in the media as he was as a player. Him, Joey and gus, as much personality as a bunch of near drowned water rats 🤣

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: