Notifications
Clear all

Live Game NRL Round 3 *Spoilers*

Frullens
(@frullens)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Moderator

Posted by: @voice_of_reason
Posted by: @celtic_tiger

We have to be the worst team in the history of the NRL.

We were poor in the last 10 minutes but for the first 70 minutes we were better than them. We conceded 2 tries from errors and blew 2 of our own. We had enough line breaks to score a couple more. We only conceded 1 line break and only missed 10 tackles to their 30.

Laurie had his worst game for us, an absolute shocker. We lost Stefano when he was looking good. Lucy, Joffa and Laurie all picked up knocks and the fact we only had one interchange player available in the last 18 minutes shows how busted we were.

On the positive side, I thought Liddle was really good - sharp and the service was noticeably better. I thought all the backs (bar Daine) were good. Nofo dropped one but otherwise ran the ball hard and defended well. Garner was really good in defence - not much opportunity in attack.

Brooks and Madden were decent but didn't create enough. I thought Gildart and To'a played really well - good debut for the young bloke. Seyfarth, Musgrove, LL and even Tamou were solid.

Disappointed with the loss but at least they had a proper dig. We lacked smarts and patience when it mattered - trying to win it on every play instead of sticking to the game plan. Sadly I think Simpkin cost us badly in the last 10. I think if Hastings was on at the end we win.

Agree

The last 10 mins overshadows the first 70mins, where we played pretty well. Effort was definitely there. 

Hastings plays and we win.

Hastings and AD play and we win easily.

Brooks played pretty good most of the game but went missing last 10 minutes when we needed him to step up.

I don't want to judge madge until Hastings and AD are back - at this stage I'd play them 7 & 6 - with Brooks at 14.

Toa showed he's first grade material, ran strong. If Laurie plays the same game again, may need to drop back to reserves for a bit and toa can step into fullback

Top 8 2023

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I hate this team.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chook)
Wests Tigers Supporter

I agree with most on here. I think we saved our worst 10 minutes for when Montoya got sent. 

At this stage in their careers Liddle looks a lot craftier and dangerous from dummy half. 

Ive never been a big fan of Joffa but he looks fit and I thought it was one of his best games in tigers colours. 

I thought the line speed and intensity was much better. I don't know the stats but it can't remember the Warriors making too many linebreaks and I don't think they looked too dangerous or threatening. That has to be a tick for our D. 

Just don't know where we go with the amount of outs we have moving forward. 

Frullens and Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

This team has ruined my weekends for the last time. Have fun

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

😡 😡 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤯 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @frullens

The last 10 mins overshadows the first 70mins, where we played pretty well. Effort was definitely there. 

This is the problem, after a loss any positives get lost behind the score. And before someone suggests wins are all that matter, I'm just a fan and it's just a game. We win I'm happy, we lose I'm disappointed, but the sun still rises in the morning. I'll be watching again next weekend.

For a bit of perspective, my wife's cousin, wife and kids are currently in Kyiv fighting against the Russians and telling us stories about how close the shelling is. We lost by 4 points and probably should have won but let's just be thankful we get to watch a game without bombs raining down.

TigerSteve, Geo, Frullens and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @notherloss

I hate this team.

Why follow them then?

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @mike

For 70 mins I thought Brooks was pretty good. He ran at gaps tonight and looked threatening. The last 10 mins though…

I agree ...I'd like to see more conviction in his running game ...I'd actually thought he over did it ......but the last 10 wow .....

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

What driove me nuts was the amount of times if only our ball players actually looked outside ....so many runners were looking at massive holes .....Gildart has been reading my comments obviously ...taking men on their outside ....

Joel Helmes, Mike and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

Posted by: @snake

@mike The last 10mins is what he is paid the big bucks for to bring it home as the REAL champs do  ! Not to have no idea ..

Hard to disagree with that. 

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

This seems as good a time and place as any to record my total distain for Souths - I don't like to 'hate' but I'm willing to make the exception for Souths (and Penrith).

Joel Helmes, Avo and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

This seems as good a time and place as any to record my total distain for Souths - I don't like to 'hate' but I'm willing to make the exception for Souths (and Penrith).

And Manly, don’t forget Manly. 

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

This is the problem, after a loss any positives get lost behind the score. And before someone suggests wins are all that matter, I'm just a fan and it's just a game. We win I'm happy, we lose I'm disappointed, but the sun still rises in the morning. I'll be watching again next weekend.

For a bit of perspective, my wife's cousin, wife and kids are currently in Kyiv fighting against the Russians and telling us stories about how close the shelling is. We lost by 4 points and probably should have won but let's just be thankful we get to watch a game without bombs raining down.

Great post!

And sending all my thoughts to your family

Top 8 2023

ReplyQuote
Frullens
(@frullens)

Posted by: @chook

I agree with most on here. I think we saved our worst 10 minutes for when Montoya got sent. 

At this stage in their careers Liddle looks a lot craftier and dangerous from dummy half. 

Ive never been a big fan of Joffa but he looks fit and I thought it was one of his best games in tigers colours. 

I thought the line speed and intensity was much better. I don't know the stats but it can't remember the Warriors making too many linebreaks and I don't think they looked too dangerous or threatening. That has to be a tick for our D. 

Just don't know where we go with the amount of outs we have moving forward. 

Agree with everything you said

Joffa was underwhelming last year - but his stepped up this year.

Defence has improved - we were very good on our own line this week.

And in attack- madge says we have decided to play a different style this year which is more adventurous- when we do pass the ball we look dangerous and it's exciting to watch.

We do have a lot of players out - Hastings and AD our two best players. 

I know it doesn't feel like it now - but I do think it will all click at some point and we will improve as the year goes on - if the belief and morale holds on.

Next few weeks will be tough though with the number of outs.

Top 8 2023

LoganR21 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Next few weeks will be tough though with the number of outs.

We're having a rough start with personnel. Hopefully get it all out of the way early. Next week will be hard. Madge said there was 9 players unavailable so it means we're picking 17 + reserves from 21 players. Stef will likely be out for a bit.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 6
Share: