Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live Game NRL Round 3 *Spoilers*

(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @frullens

And sending all my thoughts to your family

Thanks, appreciate it. Just out of interest, and completely off footy, here's a message we received from him tonight. It seems so much more real when you're hearing it from someone there. The support we offered was to fly them back here if they want to get out. The man would have to stay as he's fighting age but we'd be happy to bring his family down.

Another night has pass. We are allright. It was loud in Olga and Dmytro city, but it's ok cause we believ that it was our artilery punishing moskovyts. Kiyv: some air alerts. We are getting used to it, it's no easy but we are doing our best;-)
I try and work by remote. Together with our friends and collegues we help one of the platoons of territotian deffence here in Kyiv. War is very expencive thing as it turned out. My mum Olga also helps our deffenderces whith what is possible. We all know for shure that we will win. Thank you very much for your support. Indeed if things go worse we would need assylum( hope this will not happen and we will once again reunite here in our beautifull Ukraine).  Slava Ukrayini! Glory to Ukraine! Glory to heroes!

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

BREAKING: The NRL has admitted it was "the wrong call" for the referee to ignore sending a possible Wests Tigers try to the Bunker.

PEN PINEAPPLE - PINEAPPLE PEN..

ReplyQuote
Barra
(@barra)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Yet again we found a way to lose. Let's face it - ref/bunker non-review aside - if Laurie holds that ball and falls over the line we probably win and we're talking about an ugly win instead of an ugly loss. Like the previous week, it was individual error that cost us.

The two aspects that had me yelling at the TV was the beginning of the 2nd half when we had zero line speed in defence and continually allowed the Warriors out of their own half. I think Tamou was off at the time? We desperately need someone in this team to take control of this, Tamou seems to lead it quite well in his first stint but surely someone else can take it on.

And our lack of urgency in kick-chase, that is driving me nuts as well.

ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @barra

Yet again we found a way to lose. Let's face it - ref/bunker non-review aside - if Laurie holds that ball and falls over the line we probably win and we're talking about an ugly win instead of an ugly loss. Like the previous week, it was individual error that cost us.

The two aspects that had me yelling at the TV was the beginning of the 2nd half when we had zero line speed in defence and continually allowed the Warriors out of their own half. I think Tamou was off at the time? We desperately need someone in this team to take control of this, Tamou seems to lead it quite well in his first stint but surely someone else can take it on.

Agreed, they really were allowed to march up field with ease.

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

Barra reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tiger-symmetry)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @barra

Agree with you re Tamou,he does seem to be more imposing and emotionally invested in the team and genuinely putting in.

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Sad face. 

ReplyQuote
(@notherloss)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Still having trouble understanding how we didnt get a review on Luc try. We just find new ways to be jipped. 

ReplyQuote
Garry
(@garry)

We actually could have called for the review on Luc's try but didn't.

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hodgo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

A simple truth is Laurie costs us that game. He makes multiple game changing errors. I like the kid but jebus thats the worst game I have seen from a wests tigers player in a long time and that's saying something.

Mike, Joel Helmes and Garry reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @hodgo

A simple truth is Laurie costs us that game. He makes multiple game changing errors. I like the kid but jebus thats the worst game I have seen from a wests tigers player in a long time and that's saying something.

It was definitely a game to forget for Laurie and it shows how small things have dramatic repercussions. He catches the ball, we win and suddenly the pressure is eased on the team and coach. I'm sure I heard the commentators say he lost a contact lens so I'm willing to cut him some slack if he couldn't see properly. Alas the dropped ball and the air swing which gifted them a try cost us dearly.

The Stefano injury is going to be hard to cover (especially with a question mark over Twal's fitness) and the next few weeks are looking grim.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)

ReplyQuote
LoganR21
(@loganr21)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Lucky we’re playing the Titans and not the cowboys Thursday night 

Keep steering the right path

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@helmesy)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @loganr21

Lucky we’re playing the Titans and not the cowboys Thursday night 

Yes, they played really well 👍

Wests Tigers Podcast - Talking everything Wests Tigers!

ReplyQuote
(@unhappy-tiger)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Posted by: @voice_of_reason
Posted by: @frullens

Next few weeks will be tough though with the number of outs.

We're having a rough start with personnel. Hopefully get it all out of the way early. Next week will be hard. Madge said there was 9 players unavailable so it means we're picking 17 + reserves from 21 players. Stef will likely be out for a bit.

Yeah and other clubs are in the same boat ....Canberra got the job done with a 3rd string hooker and 2nd string fullback and half .....other clubs can be missing their superstar players at SOO time and get the job done  

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share: