Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Live Game NRL Round 3 *Spoilers*

(@hodgo)
Wests Tigers Supporter

i actually cant disagree more with people having a shot at madge. this game is sooo not on him. The game plan was easy to see, our defense as voice said was solid, but indiviuals making mistake after mistake has nothing to do with madge. 

Snake reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

@geo-2 Brooks is the dumbest player I have ever seen and I have seen a lot pathetic! 

ReplyQuote
Geo
 Geo
(@geo-2)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @voice_of_reason
Posted by: @celtic_tiger

We have to be the worst team in the history of the NRL.

We were poor in the last 10 minutes but for the first 70 minutes we were better than them. We conceded 2 tries from errors and blew 2 of our own. We had enough line breaks to score a couple more. We only conceded 1 line break and only missed 10 tackles to their 30.

Laurie had his worst game for us, an absolute shocker. We lost Stefano when he was looking good. Lucy, Joffa and Laurie all picked up knocks and the fact we only had one interchange player available in the last 18 minutes shows how busted we were.

On the positive side, I thought Liddle was really good - sharp and the service was noticeably better. I thought all the backs (bar Daine) were good. Nofo dropped one but otherwise ran the ball hard and defended well. Garner was really good in defence - not much opportunity in attack.

Brooks and Madden were decent but didn't create enough. I thought Gildart and To'a played really well - good debut for the young bloke. Seyfarth, Musgrove, LL and even Tamou were solid.

Disappointed with the loss but at least they had a proper dig. We lacked smarts and patience when it mattered - trying to win it on every play instead of sticking to the game plan. Sadly I think Simpkin cost us badly in the last 10. I think if Hastings was on at the end we win.

They created plenty..  Leilua No TRY Laurie Botched TRY line breaks from our own end..kicks close to the line not contested..

Final execution not good enough..

ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

We definitely missed Hastings today. If he’d played we win. 

ReplyQuote
CanberraTiger
(@canberratiger)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Brooks - sorry, mate. Time to go. Madden was better and a much smaller price tag.

Laurie- massive 2nd year syndrome.

Simpkin- raw. Very raw. Will do well as an understudy to Korisau for a couple of years

Joel Helmes and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@geo-2 And why is that ? Because they have no idea ! That’s what a coach is for to make individuals into a working team !

One day the club might sign one !

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @hodgo

not trying to be that guys but between laurie, nofo and gildart you have 8 errors one penalty, or 9 changes of momentum

Four of them were Daine. I realise the others made a couple but it doesn't mean they didn't put in and generally perform well. Gildart has actually surprised me. In the past two games he's looked very likely and I think you can forgive the flick pass at the end when it was desperation stakes.

Three of the biggest errors won't be marked on the sheet - when Simpkin ran 3 times from dummy half when there was nothing on. It's very disruptive because you lose your dummy half and the halves don't get the ball they need. It's inexperience but IMO cost us dearly when it was 12/13.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@geo-2 they are horrible. 

Notherloss reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

For 70 mins I thought Brooks was pretty good. He ran at gaps tonight and looked threatening. The last 10 mins though…

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Posted by: @geo-2

hey created plenty..  Leilua No TRY Laurie Botched TRY line breaks from our own end..kicks close to the line not contested..

Final execution not good enough..

Fair point, but I think when we really needed them - it the last 10 minutes - they couldn't organise the troops. I'm sure it wasn't helped by the fatigue with no interchanges but they just needed to take a breath, run the forwards direct and get a repeat set or throw it wide. We didn't challenge them at all with a man up.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tigertownsfs)

Madge is gone. Maybe life isn’t fair but we play below our potential as a team. Yes I blame brooks, yes our roster is not top 8 but I don’t see a game plan, I don’t see a bench strategy, I don’t see a team that knows how to score points when camped in the opposition 20, I don’t see a team that can get repeat sets, I don’t even see a team that can kick for touch and gain more than 15meters. There are so many small parts of the game that this team does badly I can only believe that they are horribly coached.

Joel Helmes reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@mike The last 10mins is what he is paid the big bucks for to bring it home as the REAL champs do  ! Not to have no idea ..

ReplyQuote
(@voice_of_reason)
Balmain Tigers SG Ball

Doesn't look good for Stef. Sounds like it could be a syndesmosis from the way Madge spoke.

ReplyQuote
(@snake)

@tigertownsfs All I have every wanted was to watch a team that actual had form /function and desire win /lose or draw  . 3 seasons and 3 games I have never seen it !

I just can not understand how an organisation can tolerate such failure !

ReplyQuote
Avo
 Avo
(@avocadoontoast)
Wests Magpies NSW Cup Moderator

@snake tonight they tried but were just awful. Into our 4th season and just look completely clueless how to play. No game plan, zero development. So frustrating to watch. 

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 6
Share: