Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Wests Tigers Podcast episode 0349

Garry
(@garry)
Wests Tigers Development Player Admin
Topic starter  

There has been a switch in normal transmission this week with Joel Helmes taking on the hosting role for the Mid-week edition of the Wests Tigers Podcast. He is joined by Nick and Garry to discuss all the Latest News out of Concord and isn't there a lot of news and rumours this week?

Wests Tigers Podcast 0349 | Wests Tigers Podcast

https://omny.fm/shows/wests-tigers-podcast/wests-tigers-podcast-0349

In memory of Geoff Chisholm (1965-2022)

(@russtutty63)
Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg

Love it Nick, 3 premierships after 3 spoons. Obviously that’s extremely unlikely, almost impossible I suppose but I have long been a firm believer that when you go through a lot of bad times there’s something good around the corner, unfortunately it’s a very long corner this one. But I really believe something special will happen in the next 2 or 3 years, I even believe will play finals next year and, those who have spent some time with me know, I’ve said we’ll win a premiership in 2026. I like what we’re trying to do now and I like a lot of the young players here but it’s mostly me just believing in that ying and yang kind of thing. Not everyone’s cup of tea but there it is so bring on 2025 & 2026.

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Ha, ha, just heard Joel bring up that Yiing and Yang reference when talking about Gary being positive and Eddie not so. So Gary and Jordan are stealing my thunder somewhat which is fine. I’m happy to be the delirious one, my life is a constant state of delirium, that is I live in a contented state of confusion, only way to travel let me tell you.

ReplyQuote
WestsTigers r1
(@weststigers_r1)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Good podcast boys. 
Nicks back in the good books. I reckon Richo restored his faith.

and I’m buying top 4 this decade. Let’s go Brian Toho!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @russtutty63

Love it Nick, 3 premierships after 3 spoons. Obviously that’s extremely unlikely, almost impossible I suppose but I have long been a firm believer that when you go through a lot of bad times there’s something good around the corner, unfortunately it’s a very long corner this one. But I really believe something special will happen in the next 2 or 3 years, I even believe will play finals next year and, those who have spent some time with me know, I’ve said we’ll win a premiership in 2026. I like what we’re trying to do now and I like a lot of the young players here but it’s mostly me just believing in that ying and yang kind of thing. Not everyone’s cup of tea but there it is so bring on 2025 & 2026.

Pipe dream to be playing finals the next two years ‼️

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

Posted by: @weststigers_r1

Good podcast boys. 

I do believe top 4 will happen by 2030 for the western suburbs magpies in reserve grade 💯

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @Anonymous

Of course, that’s patently obvious to anyone but I dream big and I’m thankful I do. Bring in 2025 and 2026 baby!

Nick_Hayzee reacted
ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @weststigers_r1

Good podcast boys. 

Garry's positivity is rubbing off. And yes, Richo has turned me into Big Kev - I'm excited!

WestsTigers r1 and Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
Mike
 Mike
(@mike)
Wests Tigers Development Player

To’o would be a good get. We can dream can’t we?

ReplyQuote
Nick_Hayzee
(@nick_hayzee)
Wests Tigers Supporter

Posted by: @mike

To’o would be a good get. We can dream can’t we?

100%

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Of course, that’s patently obvious to anyone but I dream big and I’m thankful I do. Bring in 2025 and 2026 baby!

I was just thinking about this and the thought occurred to me that had a Bulldogs supporter come up to anyone prior to rd 1 this year and predicted they’d win the premiership or play in the Grand Final this year we’d all think that was a pipe dream. Most would’ve expected them to finish near bottom or just outside the 8 at best with no standout 7 or fullback and, outside of Kikau & Mahoney, an ordinary looking pack. More than likely it still won’t happen but it’s certainly more possible now than it was 5 months ago. Special things, totally unexpected things can sometimes happen in sport. 

ReplyQuote
Lorenzo
(@lorenzo)
Wests Magpies Harold Matts

I was just thinking about this and the thought occurred to me that had a Bulldogs supporter come up to anyone prior to rd 1 this year and predicted they’d win the premiership or play in the Grand Final this year we’d all think that was a pipe dream. Most would’ve expected them to finish near bottom or just outside the 8 at best with no standout 7 or fullback and, outside of Kikau & Mahoney, an ordinary looking pack. More than likely it still won’t happen but it’s certainly more possible now than it was 5 months ago. Special things, totally unexpected things can sometimes happen in sport. 

worst defensive record in the comp to now the second best....it is possible.

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

Posted by: @lorenzo

worst defensive record in the comp to now the second best....it is possible.

But who predicted it? And would u have believed it given the squad and what u saw last year? Ciraldo had many critics and, as far as I know, nobody predicted they’d have such a strong defence. Even Bulldogs fans would be shocked by what’s happened. What possible indication was there? I’d genuinely like to know. They leaked 769 points last year, the worst. Yes it’s possible to turn it around but extremely unlikely to the point it has turned. It’s also possible to make the finals after finishing last, it’s happened. Extremely unlikely but possible. It may even be a pipe dream by why not dream big? What have you got to lose?

Mike reacted
ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous 79)

@russtutty63 They the dogs have never in their existence won a wooden spoon !!

We’ve got 2 with one on the way and not played finals in 13 years. I’m sorry for being negative nev on here. But it’s NOT ever going to change until ….

ReplyQuote
(@russtutty63)

@russtutty63 They the dogs have never in their existence won a wooden spoon !!

We’ve got 2 with one on the way and not played finals in 13 years. I’m sorry for being negative nev on here. But it’s NOT ever going to change until ….

I understand we can’t all think the same way, I get it. But the Dogs have 4 or 5 wooden spoons, the latest 2021. Not that coming last or 2nd last or 3rd last means a great deal, it’s all failure. Just as finishing top 2 or 3rd & 4th doesn’t mean much except minor premiers get a trophy & the club some money.  Finishing 5-8th doesn’t really matter much as whatever position you finish you’ve got a chance to progress. Finish outside the 8 you don’t. And this, I think, is interesting too, in the 4 years prior to this year the Dogs won 20 games total, and had an awful defensive record last year. The Tigers have won 20 games last 4 years including this so could win another one or two, who knows. But point is a huge change can happen without you actually expecting it. And that’s why I dream big, I believe we can make finals next year, what do I have to lose by believing that?

This post was modified 2 months ago by Russtutty63

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: